Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BillyGV
    replied
    OK, GV receives kick - makes a first down on two nice runs and pass and then they throw a long pass that is intercepted - no return

Leave a comment:

• Wide_Right
    replied
    Tried to buy a pass to watch, but no can do.

Leave a comment:

• BillyGV
    replied
    Here we go fellas - lets have a good safe game tonight and a Laker victory

Leave a comment:

• Wide_Right
    replied
    Originally posted by FSUBulldog27 View Post
    Let's get this started - The Pain and your disappointment is coming your way. Lets get a quick survey on your excuses - my early thought

1) Matt Mitchell doesn't know how to coach (23%)
    2) Tony Annese is a cheater and recruits illegally (40%)
    3) QB play not as good as advertised (17%)
    4) Defense - not playing up to our 20 years ago standard (19%)
    5) Ferris State has outplayed us the last 8 years (1%)

All of the above..

Bull Dogs by 10.

<>
    Last edited by Wide_Right; 10-16-2021, 02:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GVLakerFan24
    replied
    I think this will be a super tight, back and forth game similar to 2018. This GVSU team is SIGNIFICANTLY better than the 2019 squad (Cade should've been the starter then, but that's another topic for another post..), but Ferris's offense looks terrifying. Hopefully GV can get pressure on the QB to help our our secondary, which seems to be our biggest weakness right now. I have faith that Cade Peterson will keep enough plays alive and make enough throws to keep GVSU in the game. Can't believe some GV fans are predicting a gv win by 10-20 points.. have you seen Tony Annese coach against us before? I'm rooting for the Lakers to pull the upset but my prediction is 34-31 Ferris.

Leave a comment:

• DawgUp
    replied
    Ferris 26-24. Adding in 2 missed extra points and maybe a missed FG on Ferris part. Everyone keeps putting their trust in Allendale's D. 2019 we were told that was a championship D and we racked up 525 total yds (240 rushing).

All teams look exceptional against inferior competition. We'll see who shows up when the lights are on. For all going to the game..be safe, drink hearty and keep some tissue handy for the post game cry fest.

Leave a comment:

• CopeSlope13
    replied
    I'm taking GV today, Lakers 42-35. If you need some fuel for today, this will get you guys ready for the game!

https://youtu.be/IofQL0ah9bw

Leave a comment:

• boyblue
    replied
    I believe we would all prefer a wide margin here, it just means one team was clearly better and that's ok, no one wants that game where a kid screws up and costs his team the game. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Just look at Chris "time out" Weber an NBA hall of Famer and he will never live that game down.

Leave a comment:

• Gliac_fan10
    replied
    Bernhardt is going to play, now how much and how effective that is the big question

Leave a comment:

• GV Retired Bum
    replied
    Originally posted by Redwing View Post
    So many are rightfully predicting a close contest. No one, even those on the teams, knows who can or can't play. So, here's a twist. If this game is won by more than 2 scores, who's that winner? I'm in the Lakers camp due to their D and talent balanced Offense. I can't see Xerris pulling away. IF it were Xerris, I'd chalk it up to some later scores when the contest was no longer in doubt. Maybe I'm just putting too many eggs in that Laker D, but that's my admittedly biased perspective. Others?
    I agree. My prediction is GV to win 45-28 so I expect a good sized victory from the Lakers. If the Lacrosse kid plays Xerris will keep it closer but I think with the new staff and young talent GV has we will come out on top, and it wont be super close heading into the 4th. I might be wrong, I might eat my words later, but I really believe this will happen tomorrow night in Lubbers. My drunk ass will be there screaming.

If I get lucky I might be able to see the greatest equipment manager ever too

Leave a comment:

• Redwing
    replied
    So many are rightfully predicting a close contest. No one, even those on the teams, knows who can or can't play. So, here's a twist. If this game is won by more than 2 scores, who's that winner? I'm in the Lakers camp due to their D and talent balanced Offense. I can't see Xerris pulling away. IF it were Xerris, I'd chalk it up to some later scores when the contest was no longer in doubt. Maybe I'm just putting too many eggs in that Laker D, but that's my admittedly biased perspective. Others?

Leave a comment:

• Irishlaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post

If there's ever a year it's happening, this is it. Our special teams are trash, we have 1.5 healthy quarterbacks, and the defense has let up a few too many points for comfort. I'd still take the loss if it means we win in the playoffs though.
    Yeah, that's the interesting exchange...been on both sides of this one, and winning in November/December sure seems better. But dammit...I want BOTH...

We have suffered in this rivalry for a while. Was due to happen after we won 11 straight or whatever it was. That's how football goes. Our staff and team have really put the effort in to learn from the games we've played against you guys. Time for the suffering to pay off and have the pendulum swing back to our side. Sure hope it starts tomorrow night. Should be a good time...

Leave a comment:

• Mk63NuclearBomb
    replied
    Originally posted by boyblue View Post
    Ferris seems to have had GV's number the past few years, but the buzz around this game seems to indicate that GV may be ready to change that. The last few games have been competitive so I figure this one won't be. The only question remaining is, who's going to win? I'll whisper GV comfortably.
    If there's ever a year it's happening, this is it. Our special teams are trash, we have 1.5 healthy quarterbacks, and the defense has let up a few too many points for comfort. I'd still take the loss if it means we win in the playoffs though.

Leave a comment:

• boyblue
    replied
    Ferris seems to have had GV's number the past few years, but the buzz around this game seems to indicate that GV may be ready to change that. The last few games have been competitive so I figure this one won't be. The only question remaining is, who's going to win? I'll whisper GV comfortably.

Leave a comment:

• D2 Dad
    replied

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X