Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Curious omission in GV's preseason MM interview

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post
    Who's thinking the worst of the player? Thinking it's odd that he's not mentioned as a returning starter by the athletic department's post as well as the head coach doesn't mean we're assuming he isn't doing well in school or did something to get booted. Asking the question of "where is our starting running back?" isn't the same as saying "our star running back isn't listed. He must have messed up somehow."
    Exactly. I think some of those commenting here haven't watched the video or read the article. If I'm the leading returning rusher and my name is not mentioned in the section talking about who we have coming back at RB, I'd be 'curious' why. No mention of any issue on his twitter which he tweets daily and still has GVSU profile pic up. At least some people are learning the definition of awry, lol. Whatever it is, to get a complete omission, it's not good.

Comment

I was told that Moss had a medical issue that was being addressed and he is doing fine with his rehab, education and life in general. This info from one of his teammates. Awry seems inaccurate in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
        I was told that Moss had a medical issue that was being addressed and he is doing fine with his rehab, education and life in general. This info from one of his teammates. Awry seems inaccurate in this case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Awrey

Awrey?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
          Not a pre-season mention of any kind.
          Power 5 transfer and leading rusher last season.
          A medical issue, and the best way to handle it, is to completely ignore that the young man even exists. Yep, nothing awry. :wink::confused:

Comment

Mlive story today said that Moss had surgery on a torn hip labrum.

https://www.mlive.com/sports/grand-r...ke-amends.html
            2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Comment

I'm not sure what the standard is. Likely there isn't one. For me, I'd like as much info as I can get. However, I'm not sure there are many institutions that voluntarily release info on players that won't be playing. How many releases have you seen about a player being cut or leaving the team? Now as little media coverage as a D2 gets, I still wonder why the reporter doesn't have a list of standard questions. One question should be asking if any players have left the team or are certain players doing well? It was pretty common knowledge that a few players from last season were nicked up. I'm not asking for personal info that is not allowed to be released. If I were a reporter, I'd clearly ask how they are doing. Sure, we didn't see one comment about Moss sitting out this season. Alternately, I don't recall anything indicating that he was good to go. Being on the roster only indicates that a player is on the team. I do wonder what purpose it serves for staff to not indicate the status of key players though. I do see the strategy during the season, but not between seasons. At least we're not talking about a HH winner's status here.:disapointed:

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X