Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regional Rankings

When will the regional rankings be forthcoming?

Originally posted by tip79 View Post
    When will the regional rankings be forthcoming?
    Next Tuesday

Comment

The first set of rankings should come out tomorrow by noon. we'll also have rankings each of the next two weeks on Monday as well, with the final playoff selections announced on Sunday 11/14.

Comment

Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post
        The first set of rankings should come out tomorrow by noon. we'll also have rankings each of the next two weeks on Monday as well, with the final playoff selections announced on Sunday 11/14.
        I was sure I heard two weeks on the Sunday show but I guess that was the show before last

Comment

GVSU # 3, Ferris # 1 in SR 3 regional rankings.

https://www.d2football.com/regional-...gs-10/25/2021/

Comment

Little surprised GV is #3, but I'll take it. It's kind of working in reverse of a few years ago when GV missed the playoffs after losing to Ferris on the road. It turned out the math works better if you lose at home than if you lose on the road, since road wins are worth more than home wins.

Also very happy that it doesn't look like the Edinboro cancellation is going to hurt them. Then again, maybe if the Edinboro game was actually played, it would have hurt the SOS too much.
            2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Lots of game coming up that will impact these. Some due to loss potentials, others just because they'll impact the SOS's. However, I do wonder if Lindenwood could actually move past GV and yes, GV pass up Harding... due the SOS. Seeing Lwood as a 2 seed just doesn't smell right though. Looking at the RR metric it's tough to tell, but suffice to say, if GV wins out, I could see them being anywhere from a 2 to 4 seed. At least we'll see one home game. And who know how things might shake out with NW?

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                Lots of game coming up that will impact these. Some due to loss potentials, others just because they'll impact the SOS's. However, I do wonder if Lindenwood could actually move past GV and yes, GV pass up Harding... due the SOS. Seeing Lwood as a 2 seed just doesn't smell right though. Looking at the RR metric it's tough to tell, but suffice to say, if GV wins out, I could see them being anywhere from a 2 to 4 seed. At least we'll see one home game. And who know how things might shake out with NW?

Comment

History says so eh? I wonder if the comm. takes that into consideration at all? I know they don't want same season rematches in early rounds. No idea about rematches from year to year though.

Comment

Its very exciting to see GVSU ranked at 3. Shows the committee values the close game between them and Ferris. Hopefully GV will rebound after a tough loss and an almost upset against NMU. Hopefully the rankings showed them they are still right where they need to be heading into the playoffs.

Comment

Ferris should move up

Comment

I always like taking a stroll through the GAC board as they are in our region. Nothing like playing against Harding and its 80+ carries and no passing... It would be nice to get 3 out of our conference only to beat up on each other...

Comment

Originally posted by FSUBulldog27 View Post
                          I always like taking a stroll through the GAC board as they are in our region. Nothing like playing against Harding and its 80+ carries and no passing... It would be nice to get 3 out of our conference only to beat up on each other...

Comment

Remind me how OBU did at their house against Ferris? Didn't OBU beat Harding that year only to be spanked at home. Memories of that? 37-14....The Harding game we had a 21-0 lead at half why would we need to pass and watch the Bison boring ass offense. Schools only run that offense is when they don't have talent. Run a RPO but you cant pass and catch...I can only hope we match up this year.

Comment

Originally posted by FSUBulldog27 View Post

Remind me how OBU did at their house against Ferris? Didn't OBU beat Harding that year only to be spanked at home. Memories of that? 37-14....The Harding game we had a 21-0 lead at half why would we need to pass and watch the Bison boring ass offense. Schools only run that offense is when they don't have talent. Run a RPO but you cant pass and catch...I can only hope we match up this year.
                              Well when you don't have highly talented woman-beater transfers playing for you it changes the dynamics. Don't get high and mighty, because you run the same offense as every other school in the country. FSU's defense against HU's pass was to tackle the receivers, so no wonder they took to running it down your oversized throats.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X