Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoff Bracket Reaction

It's annoying that GVSU got jumped for the #3 ranking, but hey at least we're not West Florida, who got passed over for the #1 seed for a team they JUST dropped 62 on and beat by 19. Unbelievable.

Yeah, I have some issues, but the numbers in the metrics appear to drive those seeds. For me, I think it's discouraging that "smell" tests aren't enough to move a team either way. I suspect if they were, the teams hurt by it would point to the numbers. I mean really, the number one seed gets beat pretty well and it doesn't impact that seed? Huh? And with Silo conferences, how does one truly know how good or bad the conf/team is?

Maybe I'm just getting more numb to this, but I'm not that upset. I kind of determined that as long as a team is in, they'll get the chance. It's kind of more about the fans. Selfishly, the higher seeds for us fans should mean less travel. So yeah, I much prefer the highest seed for more potential home games. And

FWIW, like many of us have posted, give automatic bids to conf. champs then pick at large. THEN group them geographically to reduce travel AND likely increase attendance.

But still... We're in and we have at least one home game!

Comment

I mean none of it makes sense, but we knew that already.

If there's one undefeated team at #1, and everyone behind them has 1 loss, does it not make sense that the team with 1 loss, which lost to the undefeated team, should be #2? When that team also has the best SOS of the teams with 1 loss? I mean it makes sense to me. But apparently I'm the only one.

I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers all say GV should be #2, but they put them at #4 for the GV/Ferris 2nd round match-up being the closest one. NCAA seems to always be more worried about costs at D-II then rewarding teams properly based on performance.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

yes, I can see your point Kle - I too was a little disturbed to see NWMS jump us - what changed in the last game that gave NWMS a higher SOS then GV? - and again to your point Kle, if Xerris is the overall number one seed and GV has the highest SOS beside them in the region, why aren't they ranked second? - regardless, it is what it is but there seems to always to be a question with what seems important to the committee each year - Go Lakers!!

Comment

Sup guys
          Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by BillyGV View Post
            yes, I can see your point Kle - I too was a little disturbed to see NWMS jump us - what changed in the last game that gave NWMS a higher SOS then GV? - and again to your point Kle, if Xerris is the overall number one seed and GV has the highest SOS beside them in the region, why aren't they ranked second? - regardless, it is what it is but there seems to always to be a question with what seems important to the committee each year - Go Lakers!!
            Im just confused as to why they put out the rankings before the final ones on Sunday after the last game. Clearly the rankings throughout the year dont matter because NWMS did nothing to jump us. If the reason is the total games played they should have been ranked above us the entire season. Very frustrating

Comment

Ferris should move up

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                Yeah, I have some issues, but the numbers in the metrics appear to drive those seeds. For me, I think it's discouraging that "smell" tests aren't enough to move a team either way. I suspect if they were, the teams hurt by it would point to the numbers. I mean really, the number one seed gets beat pretty well and it doesn't impact that seed? Huh? And with Silo conferences, how does one truly know how good or bad the conf/team is?

Maybe I'm just getting more numb to this, but I'm not that upset. I kind of determined that as long as a team is in, they'll get the chance. It's kind of more about the fans. Selfishly, the higher seeds for us fans should mean less travel. So yeah, I much prefer the highest seed for more potential home games. And

FWIW, like many of us have posted, give automatic bids to conf. champs then pick at large. THEN group them geographically to reduce travel AND likely increase attendance.

But still... We're in and we have at least one home game!
                And our second round game is a fairly easy roadtrip.

Comment

Heaven forbid NWMSU having to play FSU in the second round. Thats why they jumped to 3 over GV. MM probably had to recuse himself from the committee. SSDD in the world of D2 football politics. It sure does get old. As I said last week, they want FSU vs NWMSU in the SR3 final.

Comment

Originally posted by 4nick8 View Post
                    Heaven forbid NWMSU having to play FSU in the second round. Thats why they jumped to 3 over GV. MM probably had to recuse himself from the committee. SSDD in the world of D2 football politics. It sure does get old. As I said last week, they want FSU vs NWMSU in the SR3 final.
                    That ore they really wanted to ship us out to NWMSU again. Grumble Grumble!!!

But probably most likely they wanted to have a bus trip to Ferris in the second round. Everyone else in the region besides GVSU and Lindenwood is over 600 miles away from Big Rapids.

Comment

Y'all can debate motivations all you want, but all of the seeding is just about how I expected.

Comment

Originally posted by GV Retired Bum View Post

Im just confused as to why they put out the rankings before the final ones on Sunday after the last game. Clearly the rankings throughout the year dont matter because NWMS did nothing to jump us. If the reason is the total games played they should have been ranked above us the entire season. Very frustrating
                        I explained it in another thread before it happened.

No one jumped anyone and no one dropped. Simply, 10% was added to the schedule and it changed the data.

Having said that, I thought the final rankings would be fsu/nw/gv/hu and many other people thought the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I explained it in another thread before it happened.

No one jumped anyone and no one dropped. Simply, 10% was added to the schedule and it changed the data.

Having said that, I thought the final rankings would be fsu/nw/gv/hu and many other people thought the same.
                          No, I get what youre saying. I just think adding that 10% at the very end of the year is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by GV Retired Bum View Post

No, I get what youre saying. I just think adding that 10% at the very end of the year is ridiculous.
                            Well they can't add that 10% until the games are played. At the end of the season.
                            Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post

Well they can't add that 10% until the games are played. At the end of the season.
                              Sorry if im not making myself clear. I think the committee knew they were going to rank GV 4 as long as everything played out accordingly. I just wish they would have had them there from the start instead of confusing everyone. GV had a 42-0 win vs DU. Cant get much more convincing. So this was a premeditated decision regardless of the outcomes of the last week. Especially because MTU pulled out a win.

At the end of the day, GV played 2 less qualified games than their opponents and I dont completely hate the 4 ranking. I just wish there was more consistency from the start.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X