Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st round preview: GLVC columnist perspective

You guys are pretty blessed to have Jake covering you. I'm not his level, at all, but I do have a passion for the sport and enjoy the deep diving involved in doing these!

https://www.d2football.com/glvc-play...ew-2021-11-18/

Pretty comprehensive. Thanks for the product and the share! And I'm not saying it just because you picked the Lakers for the win.
    Last edited by Redwing; 11-19-2021, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryon Ramos View Post
      You guys are pretty blessed to have Jake covering you. I'm not his level, at all, but I do have a passion for the sport and enjoy the deep diving involved in doing these!

https://www.d2football.com/glvc-play...ew-2021-11-18/
      I think this is fantastic. Just like Redwing said, I obviously like it more because of your prediction but I also think this is a great analysis of the upcoming game. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by yote_7 View Post
          So I guess this means the GLVC is a weak conference?
          That's the consensus

Comment

My response will be a little more measure and nuanced considering my close affiliation with the conference.

Relatively speaking, the conference is fairly new in football. It was also comprised of teams not known to be traditional football powers. UIndy has dominated the past decade, but I'm sure you know what UIndy was like in the GLIAC.

Lindenwood has a history of success in the NAIA, but when they moved to D2, they entered the meat grinder that is the MIAA. Enter a new coach, new philosophy and a new conference, and they're back to their winning ways of the late 2000's. Now... would LU have the same success in the MIAA? Probably not considering the bar that NW has set. The rest of the teams in the conference probably would finish in the bottom third of the MIAA. Truman, maybe the 2nd third. UIndy (without their injury situation) and Lindenwood, probably towards the top of the middle third or sneaking into the top third.

LU and UIndy are programs that should/could make the playoffs consistently. I know LU schedules tough OOC games purposefully (outside of the ones they have to schedule vs. the GMAC) because they know they want to compete at a national level. The game vs. SDSU was actually a result of Indiana State cancelling their game vs. them. LU is dangerous, and can sneak up on just about anyone if given the opportunity. In 2019, they upset then #5 Ouachita Baptist in Arkadelphia in the first round. They scored 41 points against one of the top defenses in the country.

Regarding this game specifically, LU is also on their 3rd string QB. Their starter at the beginning of the year is one of the better QB's in the region if not the country. They aren't the same without him calling the plays.
            Last edited by bigsig50; 11-20-2021, 11:17 AM.
            Cool Story Bro

Comment

First quarter observations.

LU looks over matched up front on both sides of the ball.
              Cool Story Bro

Comment

Looks like there's about 500 people at this game

Comment

Did Peterson get hurt?

Comment

Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post
                    Did Peterson get hurt?
                    Yes

Comment

Leapheart down too, this might be a pyrrhic victory if both him and Peterson can't come back in time for next week

Comment

In my very neutral, not-at-all-biased opinion: The lakers look like they don't want to be on the field right now

Comment

It would appear the lakers have stopped playing with their food, GV leads 20-3

Comment

Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post
                            In my very neutral, not-at-all-biased opinion: The lakers look like they don't want to be on the field right now
                            That's an idiotic opinion

See you next week. Should be good game. Maybe if you win you'll finally stop underachieving and win the national championship for the first time ever. That would make it gv 4 and ferris 1. If you do beat gv then I'll b rooting for you as a gliac fan like I have been for the past few seasons or so. I'm thinking you should put your arrogance on hold until you actually win a championship. I remember as a gv fan when it was clear we were the best program in the country back in the early 2000s. It's a great feeling....but it was even better after actually winning multiple championships. Maybe you'll get to experience that same feeling at some point. You've been likely the best program in the country for the past five years or so yet you got nothing to show for it.

Comment

I thought LU played a solid game - their O was overmatched but their D was good - number 5 for them is an outstanding player

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X