Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's just an example of the incompetence/ laziness of the GLIAC leadership

Time to whip the doggies in their house! Go Lakers
    Last edited by 4nick8; 11-22-2021, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Whatever, i don't care how valid the reason is. The conference has the responsibility to put out correct information. So if GV used Presto, what team would be in that slot? Are the Bsdogs the only GLIAC team using Presto? If so..hmm, sounds like the GLIAC is kissing up to the Bsdogs then, no? ;-)
      No....you're not getting it lol.

The schools have autonomy do whatever they want with the schedules on their own website. If schools want to put the future playoff rounds in on their website, they can. That's their choice to do so.

The GLIAC is a Presto website. Ferris State, Lake Superior State, Michigan Tech, Northwood, SVSU are all Presto websites. Since they are Presto websites, they connect directly with the conference website and their schedules and results get posted automatically on both websites. That's why Ferris' football playoff rounds show up on the GLIAC website. Because they are on the Ferris website and automatically transfer over since they are both using the same backend system.

Davenport, GVSU, Northern Michigan, Purdue-Northwest, Wayne State, Wisconsin-Parkside are all Sidearm. Those schools have to manually log in to the GLIAC website and transfer their schedules over manually. Some schools choose to duplicate what is on their own athletics website, some schools do it differently because of the differences between the two website backends. It depends what they are comfortable with. Many schools will put those postseason rounds on their school website just so fans of those schools can know those dates in advance and plan accordingly. The schools have no reason to do that on the GLIAC website because the school fans are most likely not going to go look at the conference website for information about the school.

The GLIAC has nothing to do with the schedules on their own website besides when it comes to actual GLIAC Tournaments. What you see on the schedules on the GLIAC website all come from the individual schools.

I did this exact work for nearly 10 years. I know exactly how it works lol. I was the actual person putting the schedules on school websites and then also the conference website.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

No....you're not getting it lol.

The schools have autonomy do whatever they want with the schedules on their own website. If schools want to put the future playoff rounds in on their website, they can. That's their choice to do so.

The GLIAC is a Presto website. Ferris State, Lake Superior State, Michigan Tech, Northwood, SVSU are all Presto websites. Since they are Presto websites, they connect directly with the conference website and their schedules and results get posted automatically on both websites. That's why Ferris' football playoff rounds show up on the GLIAC website. Because they are on the Ferris website and automatically transfer over since they are both using the same backend system.

Davenport, GVSU, Northern Michigan, Purdue-Northwest, Wayne State, Wisconsin-Parkside are all Sidearm. Those schools have to manually log in to the GLIAC website and transfer their schedules over manually. Some schools choose to duplicate what is on their own athletics website, some schools do it differently because of the differences between the two website backends. It depends what they are comfortable with. Many schools will put those postseason rounds on their school website just so fans of those schools can know those dates in advance and plan accordingly. The schools have no reason to do that on the GLIAC website because the school fans are most likely not going to go look at the conference website for information about the school.

The GLIAC has nothing to do with the schedules on their own website besides when it comes to actual GLIAC Tournaments. What you see on the schedules on the GLIAC website all come from the individual schools.

I did this exact work for nearly 10 years. I know exactly how it works lol. I was the actual person putting the schedules on school websites and then also the conference website.
        I get it. and I'm not seeing the humor, though it's no big deal..But I also expect a conference to display accurate information. You can write a thesis on this if you want. I'll just say that what I see on the GLIAC sight is in error. That's a fact. How the GLIAC gets the info is not up to the MTU, LSS or whoever. It's up to the GLIAC. And since you know exactly how it works, please suggest to the GLIAC to fix it. Putting the info on the laps of the institutions... and worse yet.. the software that the institution uses is wrong. So if MTU puts up that they are playing Valdosta next week, the GLIAC site will show that? The hosting entity has the responsibility to provide correct information. If they can't, then they shouldn't put anything up.

I don't get why you're supporting the GLIAC. It's pretty obvious that the GLIAC dropped the ball here. Why the GLIAC is showing what they are might be interesting... but it's still in error.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

I get it. and I'm not seeing the humor, though it's no big deal..But I also expect a conference to display accurate information. You can write a thesis on this if you want. I'll just say that what I see on the GLIAC sight is in error. That's a fact. How the GLIAC gets the info is not up to the MTU, LSS or whoever. It's up to the GLIAC. And since you know exactly how it works, please suggest to the GLIAC to fix it. Putting the info on the laps of the institutions... and worse yet.. the software that the institution uses is wrong. So if MTU puts up that they are playing Valdosta next week, the GLIAC site will show that? The hosting entity has the responsibility to provide correct information. If they can't, then they shouldn't put anything up.

I don't get why you're supporting the GLIAC. It's pretty obvious that the GLIAC dropped the ball here. Why the GLIAC is showing what they are might be interesting... but it's still in error.
          Yes. Michigan Tech can put up on their website that they are playing Valdosta next week and it will show up on the GLIAC website.

Since Ferris' site (along with the other Presto schools) directly link with the GLIAC website, the GLIAC can not remove those games because it would then also remove them from the Ferris website. What needs to be done is the conference schools need to get together and agree on a universal set of standards for their schedule pages. Either include the postseason or don't include it. As it is, they each have their own autonomy to do what they want. Some schools put the postseason matchups there without knowing if they'll be there just as a placeholder. Other schools don't do it because they think it is a "jinx". For example, SVSU's women's soccer could add the remaining rounds of the women's soccer tournament on their schedule page if they want and they would automatically show up on the GLIAC website. But they are going game-by-game and not putting it on their schedule until they know their opponent. That's their own operating procedure. Ferris chooses to put the football tournament dates up and then fill the opponent in as they go, and delete the games they don't reach when the time comes. That's their operating procedure. Take it up with the Ferris sports information staff if you don't feel it should be like that. Not the GLIAC. The GVSU sports information staff could manually go in and add the same rounds to the GLIAC website if they wanted, but they choose not to for whatever reason.

I'm defending the GLIAC because for as often as they do stuff wrong, this has nothing to do with them. It is not their responsibility to maintain the schedules for anything besides GLIAC tournaments. It is the school's agreed-upon responsibility. It has been that way for at least 8 years. The GLIAC and schools agreed to this so the schools could have autonomy on their own websites and prioritize those over the conference website. All the conference does is harvest the information from the school websites. Not the other way around.

Comment

Can we talk about the game

Comment

Special teams win it again. Matt Mitchell's Lakers screw up and Tony's Bull Dogs execute to win by 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post
                The team that scores more points will win.

Comment

Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post
                  thats a great idea !
                  who do you like and why .

Comment

Originally posted by Irish1916 View Post
                    Special teams win it again. Matt Mitchell's Lakers screw up and Tony's Bull Dogs execute to win by 10.

Comment

I am not sure I like GVSU using something called Sidearm...I think it denotes violence and may not be in the best of taste...I shall contact President Philly at once....

Comment

This should be a great match up. I don't believe that GV has taken a step back since the first meeting. True, they are down a player or ??? Anyone care to chime in if the Bsdogs have any different players from the first meeting?

I do think GV's secondary has taken a step forward. What will be key is how well the LB group can contain the QB. I recall the second time GV faced Jason, that GV figured a way to get to him a bit. Might we see the same here? As for GV's O, yes there may be a question at QB, but the run game will continue to be key. The GV stable of RB's should be able to upset the opposition's D more than the first meeting. Yes, they might be more familiar with GV than the first meeting, but a few new wrinkles, and yes, talent, should give GV an edge.
                        And here's a factor that is really tough to determine. Did the bye help the doggies or will the time off impact them in a negative way? I'm up in the air with this and suspect that whatever side of the fence one is on is what determines if the bye is a positive or not.

I'm a big believer that football has a big mental component. Whether it be controlling emotions, using emotion, reacting to situations, all will be a factor. I honestly can't point to an analogous situation for this game. So I'll just use my blue glasses to point to GV coming out on top due to the mental aspects as much as anything. And yes, we all hope the officials are a non-factor.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
                          I am not sure I like GVSU using something called Sidearm...I think it denotes violence and may not be in the best of taste...I shall contact President Philly at once....

Comment

Originally posted by Irish1916 View Post

Comment

Personally I think it depends on who starts at QB for GV. GV can win if Peterson plays the whole game and the rest of the team avoids mistakes in all three phases. If Peterson can't play or gets hurt and the backup has to take significant snaps... it'll be a long day for MM and the laker faithful.

Comment

Going to have to split screen on this battle ..and VSU & West Georgia.
                                <>

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X