Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post
    Personally I think it depends on who starts at QB for GV. GV can win if Peterson plays the whole game and the rest of the team avoids mistakes in all three phases. If Peterson can't play or gets hurt and the backup has to take significant snaps... it'll be a long day for MM and the laker faithful.
    That's a rational observation. Saying that, do you know the GV back up QB at all? Is it that Peterson is that good that the drop off will be too big for GV to overcome? Keep in mind that GV put up only 28 and 14 against NMU and MTU. I admit that there's a reason why Peterson is the starter. I'm not so sure that not having him in there guarantees a GV loss though.

Is it the same if GV knocks Barnhardt out? For me, it may help GV win, but it wouldn't guarantee a win.

And I get the bravado, but it's not like the Bsdogs rolled over GV. And don't give me that crowd thing as the reason. Regardless, let's see who has the cooler heads Saturday. Anchor Up baby, Anchor up.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

That's a rational observation. Saying that, do you know the GV back up QB at all? Is it that Peterson is that good that the drop off will be too big for GV to overcome? Keep in mind that GV put up only 28 and 14 against NMU and MTU. I admit that there's a reason why Peterson is the starter. I'm not so sure that not having him in there guarantees a GV loss though.

Is it the same if GV knocks Barnhardt out? For me, it may help GV win, but it wouldn't guarantee a win.

And I get the bravado, but it's not like the Bsdogs rolled over GV. And don't give me that crowd thing as the reason. Regardless, let's see who has the cooler heads Saturday. Anchor Up baby, Anchor up.
      The passing game for GV wasn't very good against Lindenwood after Cade left. Now maybe they made the decision to just run it and get out of there without any other injuries because the defense was crushing Lindenwood and they never really posed a threat.

Ferris has three QB's who have all put up huge points for them this year.
      Last edited by KleShreen; 11-23-2021, 06:38 AM.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Giving you crowd thing as the reason.

Comment

Cade never looked comfortable to me against LU. Could of been playoff jitters or maybe he wasn't use to seeing a team playing man-free coverage as much as they did. If he plays, he knows what he's going to get against Ferris, so there won't be any excuses. GV's backup wasn't as mobile as Cade, but first thing I noticed was dude can sling it. Be interesting to see who actually starts the game.

Ferris had a bye week before the first game we played Allendale, I think it both helped and hurt. Helped in getting Bernhardt back after missing 3 weeks, but even in past playoff games we've always looked a step slow after bye weeks and usually takes a half or 3 quarters to really start getting our footing. Last 2 weeks of the season was full of turnovers (mostly fumbles but a couple of bad ints) and ridiculous penalties. I keep saying it's going to come back and bite us in the arse....hope it won't be this week.

Still take Ferris to win this. Allendale had all the advantages the first time around. Those won't be there. If you play the same defense as the last time, you're going to get crossing routes and slants all day. And LU qb was making a living with those slant routes on your DBs. Jared will be a little healthier and faster, got our top receiver back and got some people back on the O and D line.

Should be a close game, or a blow out.

Comment

I think it would be epic if VSU could meet either Lakers (who beat us in our first NC game )
            or Ferris State who we beat in 2018.
            <>

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
              I think it would be epic if VSU could meet either Lakers (who beat us in our first NC game )
              or Ferris State who we beat in 2018.
              It would be interesting to see a VSU/GV matchup since both had a few days together this spring. Lots of football to go though.

Comment

I do think there's a big drop off from the POTY candidate starter to the backup who didn't dress for the biggest game of the year. If Bernhardt goes down we might still win but we won't make it out of the region. I know the crowd will be small (I've worked parking at this type of game and we had 5 cars in 3 hours) but that means the offense can communicate on the field and minimize the false starts and bad snaps we saw at Lubbers.

Comment

Comment

<>

Comment

Taking Cade all day everyday. Also Cal was taking reps with the 1s all throughout camp and also got to split the first half of Pueblo with Cade to let him get a real chance at game action. The outcome was pretty awful to see. Theres a significant drop off between the two. Both practice extremely well, but when the lights turn on and it actually matters one is clearly the better option even when banged up a bit.

I think Cade has the potential to be one of the greats. Those types of guys step up even when hurt to will this game to a win for us. I hope hes ready for whats about to come up in **** rapids.

Comment

Originally posted by GV Retired Bum View Post

Taking Cade all day everyday. Also Cal was taking reps with the 1s all throughout camp and also got to split the first half of Pueblo with Cade to let him get a real chance at game action. The outcome was pretty awful to see. Theres a significant drop off between the two. Both practice extremely well, but when the lights turn on and it actually matters one is clearly the better option even when banged up a bit.

I think Cade has the potential to be one of the greats. Those types of guys step up even when hurt to will this game to a win for us. I hope hes ready for whats about to come up in **** rapids.

Comment

Comment

Cade is definitely a level above Cal. It will a tough game without him.

With the Michigan Ohio St game at the same time, I expect that filling the stadium will be more difficult than usual for Ferris. They will have to rely on Sparty fans to fill the seats.

Comment

Bill Connelly has Ferris a 4-point favorite without factoring in injuries. For reference he also has:

Kutztown -1
                              Shepherd -1
                              Valdosta -7
                              Bowie -5
                              NWMSU -1
                              Angelo -6
                              Mines -13

Comment

Secondary Chance: DB Alex Thomas Finds Second Chance at Ferris State

They mention AT being hurt right at the end of the video, but Annese is hopeful he'll be ready to go for Saturday

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X