Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post

I think paying for that would likely require dropping hockey. Football would see the largest increase in scholarships and as Kle said, hockey is your next most expensive sport.
    They also generate a bunch of revenue though. Hockey is the only sport at Ferris that charges students for tickets and those MFs are expensive!

Comment

Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post

They also generate a bunch of revenue though. Hockey is the only sport at Ferris that charges students for tickets and those MFs are expensive!
      I feel like d1 hockey also gives Ferris the biggest exposure, even moreso than their football program.

Comment

I'm simultaneously encouraged and worried that no one has heard anything about Ferris moving up. On one hand, I feel like the administration and fans are happy with where Ferris is right now in most sports. On the other, I would really rather not be the one without a chair when the music stops.
        Where does Ferris land if the GLIAC falls apart, which is likely if GV leaves?

Comment

Originally posted by tip79 View Post

I think they end up going independent.

I just dont see a conference letting them join. Especially because of how weak the two conference below us geographically are. Pretty much saying "Hey I know you left the GLIAC because you couldnt win a championship but we decided to let the people you ran from join our conference"

Comment

I think becoming an independent would be very difficult in terms of scheduling 10-11 different teams in other conferences, as well as the expense of the additional travel that would be involved. This could be a problem for their all their sports programs. Actually, I don't think GV moving up is going to turn out well for their sports programs..

Comment

I think becoming an independent would be very difficult in terms of scheduling 10-11 different teams in other conferences, as well as the expense of the additional travel that would be involved. This could be a problem for their all their sports programs. Actually, I don't think GV moving up is going to turn out well for their sports programs..
              We'd either go indy or hope Oklahoma forces all the D2 schools into an Oklahoma-only conference and the remaining GLIAC teams can get a scheduling agreement with the GAC and the MIAA. I would honestly rather make a move before we're 100% ready than be stuck in D2 purgatory if it comes to that.

Comment

We'd either go indy or hope Oklahoma forces all the D2 schools into an Oklahoma-only conference and the remaining GLIAC teams can get a scheduling agreement with the GAC and the MIAA. I would honestly rather make a move before we're 100% ready than be stuck in D2 purgatory if it comes to that.
                That isn't going to happen. The legislature couldn't care less if it isn't OU or OSU. They don't even care about what conferences the D1 schools are.
                Go Bronchos!

Comment

Why would the GAC and MIAA teams want to play Ferris if they don't want to play GV? Ferris is definitely the dominant team in DII football. GV hasn't been there for several years.

Comment

Why would the GAC and MIAA teams want to play Ferris if they don't want to play GV? Ferris is definitely the dominant team in DII football. GV hasn't been there for several years.
                    Not just Ferris, the 6 GLIAC teams left after GV moves up. The GAC and MIAA play conference-only schedules anyways so GV couldn't schedule them even if they wanted to.

Comment

I threw out this idea up-thread, but I wouldn't be surprised if the six GLIAC football schools (presuming GV does move to FCS) end up merging with the GLVC, with UIndy moving into the "GLIAC Division" and the remaining seven GLVC schools in their own division (basically a reboot of the old MIFC, only it would likely be under the GLVC banner). It's a longshot that it'll actually happen, but that seems to make the most sense as far as finding the GLIAC football teams a home in the long run.
                      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

I threw out this idea up-thread, but I wouldn't be surprised if the six GLIAC football schools (presuming GV does move to FCS) end up merging with the GLVC, with UIndy moving into the "GLIAC Division" and the remaining seven GLVC schools in their own division (basically a reboot of the old MIFC, only it would likely be under the GLVC banner). It's a longshot that it'll actually happen, but that seems to make the most sense as far as finding the GLIAC football teams a home in the long run.
                        So your thinking is the GLVC might take the GLIAC teams including Ferris, but not if the deal included GV?

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Davenport
                          Ferris
                          Indianapolis
                          MIchigan Tech
                          Northern Michigan
                          Saginaw Valley
                          Wayne State

Lindenwood
                          McKendree
                          Missouri S&T
                          Quincy
                          Southwest Baptist
                          Truman
                          William Jewell

Would you have three crossovers? Lots of beautiful scenery from the U.P. to Missouri.

Comment

So your thinking is the GLVC might take the GLIAC teams including Ferris, but not if the deal included GV?
                            I doubt it. GLVC isn't going to want to take a bunch of schools that would run roughshod over their entire existing conference in football.
                            2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

I doubt it. GLVC isn't going to want to take a bunch of schools that would run roughshod over their entire existing conference in football.
                              Forgive me as I'm not a GLIAC historian, but is the entire GLIAC really going to run roughshod over the GLVC or would it be only Ferris State in this scenario (GV if included)? I thought the rest of the conference was more average than not beyond the top 2 since Ashland left, is that not the case?

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X