Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 1 first down pass, Bulldogs hold Shepherd. Punt to Bulldogs 20. 55-7 5:25 in the 4th

Comment

• After 2 first downs, 1st down Ferris at their 42. 2:33 to go.

Comment

• Game Over. Dawgs Win 55-7. Going to the Natty with rematch with Valdosta. Congrats to Shepherd on a great season!

Comment

• Congrats to Tony Annese on winning his 100th game for Ferris! Safe travels back to Shepherdstown to all the Rams who made the trip!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
              Game Over. Dawgs Win 55-7. Going to the Natty with rematch with Valdosta. Congrats to Shepherd on a great season!
              55-7...Wow! I expected a closer game. Congratulations Ferris State.

Comment

• Great game Ferris State! The OL/DL matchup was the most outmatched I've seen Shepherd in the 20 years I've followed the Rams. Think I heard on the broadcast that the #78 Gene Upshaw winner spurned FCS offers to come to Ferris State. That is unheard of the Mid-Atlantic/Northeast Region. Makes me think the big difference is not only scholarship equivalencies, but more options to local talent.

This is why historically the midwest or flyover states tend to dominate small level football IMO. The competition in recruiting that doesn't exist the same way it does in the eastern part of the country, is that big of a thing. That #78 if he lived in southern PA for example, would have had offers from JMU, Towson, Villanova, Richmond, William & Mary, Duquense, Robert Morris, along with potentially 16 teams in the D2 PSAC conference and possibly even a dozen schools from the MEC. That's upwards of 30 schools off the top of my head.

Michigan has no FCS programs, neither does Wisconsin. Your either going to the big couple programs, or the Central Michigan, Western michigan, then it drops to D2 where GV and Ferris have cleaned house apparently in recruiting. I could see a world with the covid year granting extra eligibility that those programs are going to get even stronger with guys falling through the cracks.

It's just harder to slip through with how many schools there are existing with football programs in the east and until funding the full 36 becomes a thing at more of the schools (shepherd is going to get there) Region 1 will have a breakthrough here and there, but otherwise has to play a perfect game to stay competitive.

Fun year nonetheless, winning the Region is an accomplishment and the chatter amongst the Shepherd community is great right now. Nobody is happy with what happened on the national stage and I think this could be a turning point for the better to get to the point that fundraising increases to get them to the full offering of scholarships. Got to get bigger in the trenches on defense (I thought the OL managed well for the most part).

Good luck to Ferris State, bring home the NC!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X