Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to Ferris

I'm not shocked by the win, but I didn't expect such complete domination.

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post
    I'm not shocked by the win, but I didn't expect such complete domination.
    Yeah, I think we was kinda expecting the shootout, heavyweights trading blows. Kinda just looked like Ferris just decided to go out there and take Valdosta's lunch money and the Blazers were just ok with that.

Comment

Lunch money, wedgie and kick in the butt.

Comment

It must have been tough for GV fans to watch Ferris play in a D1 sport in a Natl Championship game in front of a nati TV audience in Tampa Bay Lightning Arena a few years ago. Ferris has had a leg up on you in sports since Hockey was started in the mid 1970s and became D1 a few years later, and a steady diet of players going into the NHL, and now the NFL. You've got a very loyal fan base that travels very well, a beautiful football stadium, 20,000 students, and your administration there at GV still can't figure out that it's time to try and move up to FCS football. You've shown what your capable of in D2 over the years, you have a former football coach who made it big in college football and a couple of decent players (don't forget Jeff Chadwick years ago) in the NFL. Ferris has had players win the Stanley Cup 3 times and bring the Cup back to BR a couple times, and who scored goals for the Canadian Olympic team, a head coach in the NHL. It's time for GV to make the trip to go play a team like ND State as an FCS team. TA didn't hesitate to take that opportunity when Ferris travelled to Fargo with with D2 Ferris several years ago! Move up and move on. I am sure Ferris would at the very least inquire into such FCS moves themselves if they had a building like the Superior Dome at NMU in Marquette. Maybe it's time for a team from Mich to compete in FCS? GV??

Comment

I heard a rumor that GliacRules! is an alias for an anal sphincter formerly known as BCON
          ??????BTW congrats to the FSU Bulldogs, now comes the hard part...

Comment

Originally posted by 4nick8 View Post
            I heard a rumor that GliacRules! is an alias for an anal sphincter formerly known as BCON
            ??????BTW congrats to the FSU Bulldogs, now comes the hard part...
            ????Where is BCON? Is that short for BACON?

Comment

Originally posted by GliacRules! View Post
              It must have been tough for GV fans to watch Ferris play in a D1 sport in a Natl Championship game in front of a nati TV audience in Tampa Bay Lightning Arena a few years ago. Ferris has had a leg up on you in sports since Hockey was started in the mid 1970s and became D1 a few years later, and a steady diet of players going into the NHL, and now the NFL. You've got a very loyal fan base that travels very well, a beautiful football stadium, 20,000 students, and your administration there at GV still can't figure out that it's time to try and move up to FCS football. You've shown what your capable of in D2 over the years, you have a former football coach who made it big in college football and a couple of decent players (don't forget Jeff Chadwick years ago) in the NFL. Ferris has had players win the Stanley Cup 3 times and bring the Cup back to BR a couple times, and who scored goals for the Canadian Olympic team, a head coach in the NHL. It's time for GV to make the trip to go play a team like ND State as an FCS team. TA didn't hesitate to take that opportunity when Ferris travelled to Fargo with with D2 Ferris several years ago! Move up and move on. I am sure Ferris would at the very least inquire into such FCS moves themselves if they had a building like the Superior Dome at NMU in Marquette. Maybe it's time for a team from Mich to compete in FCS? GV??
              lol did you just say "Ferris has had a leg up on you in sports since Hockey was started in the mid 1970s"??? Is that why GV hasn't finished below Ferris in either the GLIAC Presidents Trophy or the NACDA Director's Cup in about 35 years? lol

Literally nobody cares about hockey at GV lol just like nobody at Ferris cares about baseball. GV has had multiple guys in MLB including World Series champions. In the NFL, GV currently has one of the highest paid defenders in the league lol. You sound like you're still upset that nothing Ferris does can come even close to what GV is still doing even in their "down" years according to you ignoramuses lol.
              2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

As a matter of fact, I DID just say Ferris has had a leg up on GV since the 1970s, BECAUSE they have a Division 1sport. Ferris has managed a D1 sport for 40 years, and your GV leaders waffle about going to FCS? You're a joke. 20,000 plus students at GV, very nice new facilities, in the GR metro area with over a million people, a nice fan base, and you are afraid to compete in FCS? With schools like Rockford, Lowell etc , and Muskegon schools just a few miles away, you'd have no problem attracting FCS quality players. You're the ignoramus. Seiler had a sack in Miami's win yesterday, Zimmer has had Sacks for the Bills, so is your N.E guy , so what ! Chris Kunitz played on the best line in pro hockey, you think theres a reason he got traded there and put on that line? 3 stanley cups! TA had balls enough to go play against ND State at the first chance , does MM? Ferris has a recent NC in basketball too, you forgot to mention that. Bragging about Major league ball huh? Clint Hurdle is from lil' Big Rapids, played ball with George Brett and Co. Managed the Colorado Rockies, Pittsburgh Pirates in recent years, and still comes back to BR with Hurdle family still here. I watched HOF'er Barry Larkin play against Ferris in 1980s when Michigan came to town, nothing anyone could do to stop baseball being cut. Judd Folske moved on from Ferris baseball to H.C. at CMU and did good there. You need to move on from D2 in football. Presidents cups? Really? What do presidents cups have to do with a D1 sport? Youre delusional

Comment

As a matter of fact, I DID just say Ferris has had a leg up on GV since the 1970s, BECAUSE they have a Division 1sport. Ferris has managed a D1 sport for 40 years, and your GV leaders waffle about going to FCS? You're a joke. 20,000 plus students at GV, very nice new facilities, in the GR metro area with over a million people, a nice fan base, and you are afraid to compete in FCS? With schools like Rockford, Lowell etc , and Muskegon schools just a few miles away, you'd have no problem attracting FCS quality players. You're the ignoramus. Seiler had a sack in Miami's win yesterday, Zimmer has had Sacks for the Bills, so is your N.E guy , so what ! Chris Kunitz played on the best line in pro hockey, you think theres a reason he got traded there and put on that line? 3 stanley cups! TA had balls enough to go play against ND State at the first chance , does MM? Ferris has a recent NC in basketball too, you forgot to mention that. Bragging about Major league ball huh? Clint Hurdle is from lil' Big Rapids, played ball with George Brett and Co. Managed the Colorado Rockies, Pittsburgh Pirates in recent years, and still comes back to BR with Hurdle family still here. I watched HOF'er Barry Larkin play against Ferris in 1980s when Michigan came to town, nothing anyone could do to stop baseball being cut. Judd Folske moved on from Ferris baseball to H.C. at CMU and did good there. You need to move on from D2 in football. Presidents cups? Really? What do presidents cups have to do with a D1 sport? Youre delusional
                  lol what? Are you on drugs?

Why doesn't Ferris go to D1 since they already have a D1 sport? Why don't we just do that, then lol.

TA went to NDSU to get shelled for a payday lol. It doesn't benefit anyone in D2 to play anyone in FCS, because it doesn't count for anything. It's actually extremely stupid to go play an FCS team because it hurts your playoff chances whether you win or not lol.

If you want to start comparing alumni from the schools and/or former players/coaches, I'm sorry to say that it's gonna go very poorly for you virtually across the board.

Comment

I am tapping the sign

Comment

No Drugs here, hopefully more Natl Championships. TA must have been stupid to go play ND State, what was he thinking anyway? TA must be a professional time waster.
                      Just because you don't think GV is ready to move up to FCS football, others do. GV has the size, facilities and most likely the financial resources, I don't believe Ferris has those resources to move to FCS football, and may never have them. These FCS threads have been on the board before for GV, I didn't invent them.

Good luck next year, Ferris Football is loaded and the recruiting likely got better for them on the national scene. It may actually help MM and GV too , only time will tell.

?

Comment

No Drugs here, hopefully more Natl Championships. TA must have been stupid to go play ND State, what was he thinking anyway? TA must be a professional time waster.
                        Just because you don't think GV is ready to move up to FCS football, others do. GV has the size, facilities and most likely the financial resources, I don't believe Ferris has those resources to move to FCS football, and may never have them. These FCS threads have been on the board before for GV, I didn't invent them.

Good luck next year, Ferris Football is loaded and the recruiting likely got better for them on the national scene. It may actually help MM and GV too , only time will tell.

?
                        Size doesn't matter for what level of college athletics you play it. Athletes aren't pulled from the student body. Do you want Duke and Notre Dame to be playing D3? Why aren't you complaining about Wayne State and their 30k+ students? Do you take in to account that GV is the lowest-funded public school in the state on a per-student basis? Or that the school is only 60 years old and doesn't have a built-up army of rich alumni yet because of how young the school is?

Just not sure why you want to troll this subject when your school is obviously having success as well. Nobody is holding you back. Unless you really want some cross country titles, then I guess you'd want GV out of the way, I suppose.

Like it's just super weird that you're trying to say how much better Ferris is at everything than GV is, but then also saying GV needs to move up? lol what?
                        Last edited by KleShreen; 12-21-2021, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X