Clear All

• New provisional GLIAC member

Roosevelt University approved as provisional member of the GLIAC

The GLIAC finally found another Football school

Comment

Hmm.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Interesting. Roosevelt didn't even have a football team until they merged with Robert Morris (not the D1 team).

As a side note, I taught both parents of one of the players on the men's basketball team.

Comment

A positive move towards stability for the GLIAC. Hopefully you guys can pluck another 1 or 2 schools with football.

Comment

Congratulations to the Roosevelt Lakers. Cool logo.

??????
            Last edited by crixus; 08-02-2022, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Honestly, this is a positive move for the GLIAC, and I think there will be more to come. If they can lock down some more private schools from the NAIA (especially the Michigan ones), that will go a long way to stabilizing the conference. It may even persuade a return from schools like Northwood. I would also keep an eye out for Lewis from the GLVC to move over, now that they will have a crosstown DII Chicago rival.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
                Congratulations to the Roosevelt Lakers. Cool logo.

??????
                We're back to 3 Lakers in the GLIAC! Pop the champagne!

Looks like the GLIAC is going the "convince some NAIA teams to move up" route for survival. Wonder if this is the first of many? I could see Concordia and Lawrence Tech being decent fits for the GLIAC.

Comment

Originally posted by GVSU-2019 View Post

We're back to 3 Lakers in the GLIAC! Pop the champagne!

Looks like the GLIAC is going the "convince some NAIA teams to move up" route for survival. Wonder if this is the first of many? I could see Concordia and Lawrence Tech being decent fits for the GLIAC.
                  Agreed. The standing NAIA candidates are basically any of the Chicagoland football schools (Judson, Saint Xavier, Olivet Nazarene, Saint Francis [IL], Trinity International,) the Michigan NAIAs (Lawrence Tech, Siena Heights, Madonna, and Concordia). Essentially, the MSFA becomes the farm system for NCAA DII football in the Midwest. As an Indiana guy, I am rooting for Uindy and the Indiana side of the MSFA (Marian, Saint Francis [IN], Taylor, Indiana Wesleyan) to the GMAC too.

Comment

Comment

We'll see how long they want to put up with traveling to the UP. As far as I know, the school has struggled with finances historically, and I'm guessing they're not going to be big fans of that travel for very long.
                      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                        We'll see how long they want to put up with traveling to the UP. As far as I know, the school has struggled with finances historically, and I'm guessing they're not going to be big fans of that travel for very long.
                        When I saw they were in Chicago that was the first thing that came to my mind as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Uindy18 View Post
                          Honestly, this is a positive move for the GLIAC, and I think there will be more to come. If they can lock down some more private schools from the NAIA (especially the Michigan ones), that will go a long way to stabilizing the conference. It may even persuade a return from schools like Northwood. I would also keep an eye out for Lewis from the GLVC to move over, now that they will have a crosstown DII Chicago rival.
                          Not to mention that Wisconsin-Parkside isn't too far away.
                          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Not to mention that Wisconsin-Parkside isn't too far away.
                            And Purdue-Northwest is just across the border in Indiana. Chicago area is really a DII dead zone, and would be prime real estate for the GLIAC to stabilize with a few new members. Saint Xavier has made some forays into scheduling DII teams in the last couple years. They could be a decent candidate as well.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X