Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yote_7 View Post
    GV should be ranked #2 over NWMS since we played two ranked teams
    Absolutely, positively, unequivocally, DO. NOT. CARE. Media and coach's polls have ZERO bearing on making the playoffs or where a team is seeded in those playoffs. Would almost rather they rank us 18th or 22nd or not at all. Where the committee ranks/seeds us on November 13 is all that matters. Polls this time of year are for conversations...that's it.

Comment

A couple of things.. being at the game.

Mist was falling most of the game. I don't know how much that impacted Cade's throws, but he'll have a few games to clean it up more. Seems like he threw a few high tonight. And FWIW, he's coached to only check maybe 2 looks and then just take off. Staff doesn't want him checking 3rd or more options.... mostly due to his running ability.

GV's d tonight was beyond solid. The game could have easily slipped away to CSUP early but GV just shut em down after those special team mistakes. The run D was superb (though CSUP run game may not be all that anyway.) The secondary played pretty well. I'll take it but expect improvements since that back end is newer. Don't forget CSUP lit up Midwestern last week.

No way were there 6k in that place.. MAYBE 3k. no matter. Nice facility though.

As for rankings. Yeah, my bias is we should be 2.. no big deal, we know they don't matter, but we do want GV to get deserving respect. But so many pollsters give NW the benefit... though they don't play OOC and frankly, haven't torn up the post season. But NW won so it's hard to drop a winning team. VSU? Oh my. Their #2 ranking was clearly just a carry over from last season. And Saggy is putting things together. Sr3 is one heck of a region.
      Last edited by Redwing; 09-11-2022, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
        A couple of things.. being at the game.

Mist was falling most of the game. I don't know how much that impacted Cade's throws, but he'll have a few games to clean it up more. Seems like he threw a few high tonight. And FWIW, he's coached to only check maybe 2 looks and then just take off. Staff doesn't want him checking 3rd or more options.... mostly due to his running ability.

GV's d tonight was beyond solid. The game could have easily slipped away to CSUP early but GV just shut em down after those special team mistakes. The run D was superb (though CSUP run game may not be all that anyway.) The secondary played pretty well. I'll take it but expect improvements since that back end is newer. Don't forget CSUP lit up Midwestern last week.

No way were there 6k in that place.. MAYBE 3k. no matter. Nice facility though.

As for rankings. Yeah, my bias is we should be 2.. no big deal, we know they don't matter, but we do want GV to get deserving respect. But so many pollsters give NW the benefit... though they don't play OOC and frankly, haven't torn up the post season. But NW won so it's hard to drop a winning team. VSU? Oh my. Their #2 ranking was clearly just a carry over from last season. And Saggy is putting things together. Sr3 is on heck of a region.
        Yea people are gonna have to start paying attention to SV. I watched their game today, and that is a top 15 team, maybe a top 10 team, IMO. They are big, they are fast, and they have solid QB play, which is what they've been missing recently.
        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by BillyGV View Post
          not bad, 6K in attendance tonight in the rain and mist
          That was the paid attendance! Probably only 3 thousand in the stands total do to the weather. about 2 thousand of them left at half time .

Comment

Originally posted by Irishlaker View Post

Absolutely, positively, unequivocally, DO. NOT. CARE. Media and coach's polls have ZERO bearing on making the playoffs or where a team is seeded in those playoffs. Would almost rather they rank us 18th or 22nd or not at all. Where the committee ranks/seeds us on November 13 is all that matters. Polls this time of year are for conversations...that's it.
            Isnt that what a Forum is? LOL Relax man

Comment

The Pueblo broadcasters were cracking me up. One stoppage in play, they must've forgot to switch off the mics because they signed off, then immediately went "boy they're gonna run all over us. This is gonna be a long night."

Comment

Originally posted by GVSU-2019 View Post
                The Pueblo broadcasters were cracking me up. One stoppage in play, they must've forgot to switch off the mics because they signed off, then immediately went "boy they're gonna run all over us. This is gonna be a long night."
                Lol I also thought it was very that during the game they were heaping so much praise on GV and Cade Peterson, speculating that a Division 1 team was gonna swoop in and grab him

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X