Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post

Yeah because you're the Harvard/Stanford of division 2. At least we know you have a very high opinion of yourselves. I'm sure half of the Colorado Mines school wouldn't even make it through your orientation.
    Colorado Mines is probably harder to get in. Of course with the Coors Brewery right there they might want to keep standards up so that they don't have reprobates applying to get at one of the vats of Coors.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Kinda weird you'd be a fan of "I went under .500 this year, but I got that money, baby!" lol
      I think their history has shown they are pretty good coaches, or they wouldn't have gotten "that money, baby!" But of course you support MM so I wouldn't expect anything less.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post

I think their history has shown they are pretty good coaches, or they wouldn't have gotten "that money, baby!" But of course you support MM so I wouldn't expect anything less.
        Or they are coaches who have made inflated money off of one good season, and are actually bad coaches.
        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Call it what you want, they each are getting 95 mil...

Comment

Comment

Right move for MM. Wrong move for GVSU

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                If anyone caught the spotlight on Matt Judon on Monday Night Countdown tonight... just another reason to not fire MM. Yeah, integrity and life lessons matter. Even more than football. Especially at D2.
                Like the integrity he had when judon stomped on the head of a Ferris State player that was down. That's about as low as one can go.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogFanatic View Post

Like the integrity he had when judon stomped on the head of a Ferris State player that was down. That's about as low as one can go.
                  You mean the same game where Justin Zimmer did the same thing? Cool, cool.

Comment

Originally posted by lakerblue
                    I love looking back at this thread of all you who wanted MM. its the same people who are giving the benefit of the doubt to the horrendous hire by the athletic department at Grand Valley.

you wished a guy gone ( and he left, rightfully so) and you hire a guy who : 1. should never lost to a RMAC Colorado Mines team 2. Should never be in an overtime vs a RMAC pueblo game. Wooster is lucky that the GLIAC is the cakewalk it is now a days where you only have to worry about Ferris and possibly Saginaw. He does not have to be perfect every week with the likes of a Ferris, Saginaw, A good Ashland team or a Ohio Dominican team full of OSU transfers.

Maybe it's not Wooster's fault, maybe its the coaching staff who has been there year in and year out and always had the silver spoon in their mouth. Maybe its the new president or the terrible AD hire once Selgo left. If you really want to think about it- look at what Grand Valley cares about, how they are perceived about inclusiveness and in the media rather than winning games like TA. The sad part is that GVSU could have had Ferris States AD who has 2 national championships in his time there, yet they chose the in house option. and you see how that worked, most sports for the most part have has a decline, while other conference opponents are raising the standard.

All this D1 talk was shut down, and i am glad- things would not have went well- too many egos walking the halls of grand valley, thing that putting the letters on your chest entitles you to wins games. GVSU is not who they used to be, times changes. its a sad state of affairs to watch the first two games against good opponents ( who in the last 20 years wouldn't even be considered good) turn out the way they did. The STANDARD has been lost. who is going to be help accountable?
                    They....have won seven of the last eight Director's Cups, and finished second in the one year they didn't win, behind a school in their last year as a D2 lol. So while you can complain about football if you want, I'm not sure why you feel the need to go after the entire athletic department when they're still the best in the country.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X