Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
    Haters gonna hate : ) Man has been in coaching/teaching in West Michigan most of his life. If that's were he wants to keep his roots, so be it. He's sent plenty of assistants off to bigger schools.

If anything, I'm wondering if he's getting burned out playing 14/15 games a year, having to hit the recruiting trail right after and then spring ball shortly after. At least he had a break in 2019.

Only people who care about the stuff you bring up is you. If TA wanted to leave he could. Feels like this has to be said to GV people every year...all because "you're" not aware of him getting offers doesn't me they don't come in.

Anyway stop hijacking the thread. What's the update on the Tartar coaching search? They waiting on a MAC assistant to finish the season or looking for a D2 retread.
    Well as of today the positions have not even been posted on the WSU website so I doubt anything is close to final. The AD job has not been resolved as of yet either so I would bet that the AD job id final before anything is done on the football coach. Seems like the kids on the team have their guy in mind and honestly it might make sense to give him a year or two shot and see how it works out. Cant be much worse than Winters was doing. Recruiting for this year is about in the can anyway so its not like if they hired a guy today its gonna make that big of difference. At best you are working on the 2024 class now. Be interesting to see what happens in January on many fronts in the GLIAC...real interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
      Haters gonna hate : ) Man has been in coaching/teaching in West Michigan most of his life. If that's were he wants to keep his roots, so be it. He's sent plenty of assistants off to bigger schools.

If anything, I'm wondering if he's getting burned out playing 14/15 games a year, having to hit the recruiting trail right after and then spring ball shortly after. At least he had a break in 2019.

Only people who care about the stuff you bring up is you. If TA wanted to leave he could. Feels like this has to be said to GV people every year...all because "you're" not aware of him getting offers doesn't me they don't come in.

Anyway stop hijacking the thread. What's the update on the Tartar coaching search? They waiting on a MAC assistant to finish the season or looking for a D2 retread.
      It's pretty easy to find out who is applying or being considered for each job if you know where to look. I thought it was fairly common knowledge that TA tried to get to CMU following the 2018 season but was not chosen. My personal opinion is that was the last time he tried. Although he is on a yearly contract, and could leave at any time.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post

Well as of today the positions have not even been posted on the WSU website so I doubt anything is close to final. The AD job has not been resolved as of yet either so I would bet that the AD job id final before anything is done on the football coach. Seems like the kids on the team have their guy in mind and honestly it might make sense to give him a year or two shot and see how it works out. Cant be much worse than Winters was doing. Recruiting for this year is about in the can anyway so its not like if they hired a guy today its gonna make that big of difference. At best you are working on the 2024 class now. Be interesting to see what happens in January on many fronts in the GLIAC...real interesting.
        Right now the Interim tag is gonna stick with the AD for the next couple years or so. Current president isn't gonna do a search process to hire someone new when he himself is gonna be out after next semester. Coach Robinson has two advantages in that 1) obviously he'll have the support of the current guys and 2) he's been the recruiting coordinator since he was hired last year. Hopefully, he's been able to keep guys around. Personally, I would like to see someone with more experience, but there are worse decisions that could be made.

Comment

Originally posted by mtsax305 View Post

Right now the Interim tag is gonna stick with the AD for the next couple years or so. Current president isn't gonna do a search process to hire someone new when he himself is gonna be out after next semester. Coach Robinson has two advantages in that 1) obviously he'll have the support of the current guys and 2) he's been the recruiting coordinator since he was hired last year. Hopefully, he's been able to keep guys around. Personally, I would like to see someone with more experience, but there are worse decisions that could be made.
          Give Robinson the chance and see what he can do. At least ya know what you have with him and the kids like the guy. Could do worse.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

It's pretty easy to find out who is applying or being considered for each job if you know where to look. I thought it was fairly common knowledge that TA tried to get to CMU following the 2018 season but was not chosen. My personal opinion is that was the last time he tried. Although he is on a yearly contract, and could leave at any time.
            LOL...This isn't fill out an app online and we'll get back to you. By the time you "think" you know what's going on it's already been decided. If it's out there, it's because someone wants it out there. Care to use some of your Scooby Doo detective work and let us know who's on the list for some of the D2 openings?

Comment

So Wayne finally announced that they've hired a search firm and such. I've seen several comments calling to bring Brian VanGorder back. I don't get it. Obviously he's a WSU HOF'er as a player and had the last winning season in the 90s (which is impressive considering how much of a dump WSU was then), but he hadn't been able to hold down a gig for more than a couple seasons at a time after the Falcons. It looks like Notre Dame ran him out of town and it doesn't appear things were much better at BGSU.

Comment

Originally posted by mtsax305 View Post
                So Wayne finally announced that they've hired a search firm and such. I've seen several comments calling to bring Brian VanGorder back. I don't get it. Obviously he's a WSU HOF'er as a player and had the last winning season in the 90s (which is impressive considering how much of a dump WSU was then), but he hadn't been able to hold down a gig for more than a couple seasons at a time after the Falcons. It looks like Notre Dame ran him out of town and it doesn't appear things were much better at BGSU.
                At first I thought that would be an absurd suggestion considering he was already there and has had almost 30 years of D1 and NFL coaching since then, but I see that his last two years have both been in high school football, so maybe Wayne would be a logical spot for him again. On top of that, I can't believe that he's only had ONE season as a head coach at any level since leaving Wayne after the 1994 season. He coached Georgia Southern in 2006. That's crazy that he's been in D1 and NFL for nearly 30 years, and has only spent one of them as a head coach.
                2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Seems like it's getting late in the recruiting cycle. Any word on what Wayne is doing?

Comment

Wayne State may as well be North Korea when it comes to getting inside information. That being said, Coach Robinson still appears to be on the recruiting trail, getting several verbal commits. It's been 5 five weeks since the announcement and about 2.5 since the release about hiring a search firm. Hopefully they were looking for 2.5 weeks before that. Based on Northwood's timing, we should be seeing something real soon.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X