Clear All

GVSU
    NMU
    SVSU
    FSU

Comment

[QUOTE=yote_7;n714708]

He doesn't do that great a job tracking because he messed up my count

I did find where I added your score on a week you didn't pick and have fixed it. Here is the updated score after the correction. Sorry.

yote 7 24-4 0.923
      Gliac_fan10 41-5 0.891
      tip79 41-5 0.891
      GV Retired Bum 24-4 0.857
      GVSU 2019 39-7 0.848
      jayhawkdaddy 39-7 0.848
      KleShreen 39-7 0.848
      Redwing 39-7 0.848
      WOLaker 39-7 0.848
      football life2020 33-8 0.805
      Tartaralum96 37-9 0.804
      Woodbury 37-9 0.804
      Tony Nicolette 36-9 0.800
      DaleDude 33-9 0.786
      mtsax305 36-10 0.783
      DawgUp 34-12 0.739
      Go Cards Go 8-3 0.727
      ctrabs74 33-13 0.717
      bankslaker 9-3 0.714
      canadarican 5-2 0.714
      chapmaja 5-2 0.714
      Mk63NuclearBomb 5-2 0.714
      Wide Right 5-2 0.714

Comment

Grand Valley vs Davenport
        Northern Michigan vs Lake Erie
        Michigan Tech vs Saginaw Valley
        Ferris State vs Wayne State

Comment

Comment

[QUOTE=Woodbury;n715291]
            Originally posted by yote_7 View Post

He doesn't do that great a job tracking because he messed up my count

I did find where I added your score on a week you didn't pick and have fixed it. Here is the updated score after the correction. Sorry.

yote 7 24-4 0.923
            Gliac_fan10 41-5 0.891
            tip79 41-5 0.891
            GVSU 2019 39-7 0.848
            jayhawkdaddy 39-7 0.848
            KleShreen 39-7 0.848
            Redwing 39-7 0.848
            WOLaker 39-7 0.848
            Tartaralum96 37-9 0.804
            Woodbury 37-9 0.804
            DaleDude 33-9 0.786
            mtsax305 36-10 0.783
            DawgUp 34-12 0.739
            Go Cards Go 8-3 0.727
            ctrabs74 33-13 0.717
            bankslaker 9-3 0.714
            canadarican 5-2 0.714
            chapmaja 5-2 0.714
            Wide Right 5-2 0.714
            I think you may have miscounted the #1 spot

Comment

[QUOTE=GV Retired Bum;n715587]
              Originally posted by Woodbury View Post

I think you may have miscounted the #1 spot
              No idea if it's right or wrong. But let me throw a wrench in things. I've been thinking about this every season when I see that percentage column.

Is success better measured by absolute number of correct pics vs percentage pf correct picks? Point being, some may have missed the games/weeks more prone to upsets etc. Whether they did or didn't miss, they still only actually correctly picked X number of games. Or if one want percentage, use the total number of all games available to pic... not just the number that an individual made picks on. If one didn't make a pick, technically they didn't pick the winner. So far, 46 games were available to pic. So the percentage would be number of correct pics divided by 46 this week- for everybody. Of course, this would hurt anyone that didn't make a pick for every game. The flip side is that the current order may present an advantage to those that didn't pick every game over those that did.

Play it as one likes.. especially since it is for fun. And since I'm not keeping track.. Whatever Woodbury chooses works for me. I just thought I'd throw it out there.

Comment

[QUOTE=Redwing;n715607]
                Originally posted by GV Retired Bum View Post

No idea if it's right or wrong. But let me throw a wrench in things. I've been thinking about this every season when I see that percentage column.

Is success better measured by absolute number of correct pics vs percentage pf correct picks? Point being, some may have missed the games/weeks more prone to upsets etc. Whether they did or didn't miss, they still only actually correctly picked X number of games. Or if one want percentage, use the total number of all games available to pic... not just the number that an individual made picks on. If one didn't make a pick, technically they didn't pick the winner. So far, 46 games were available to pic. So the percentage would be number of correct pics divided by 46 this week- for everybody. Of course, this would hurt anyone that didn't make a pick for every game. The flip side is that the current order may present an advantage to those that didn't pick every game over those that did.

Play it as one likes.. especially since it is for fun. And since I'm not keeping track.. Whatever Woodbury chooses works for me. I just thought I'd throw it out there.

Just keep throwing the challenge flags and like any good GLIAC officiating crew. I will huddle for 5 minutes and try and figure it out. Not that I am looking for more but I'm actually pretty proud that there are only 2 problems. I would agree if it meant something, more would be better or that you had to at least pick in 9 of 11 weeks like the number of D2 games teams have to play. So with that said I will try it again. Thanks for the input.
                yote 7 24-2 0.923
                Gliac_fan10 41-5 0.891
                tip79 41-5 0.891
                GVSU 2019 39-7 0.848
                jayhawkdaddy 39-7 0.848
                KleShreen 39-7 0.848
                Redwing 39-7 0.848
                WOLaker 39-7 0.848
                Tartaralum96 37-9 0.804
                Woodbury 37-9 0.804
                DaleDude 33-9 0.786
                mtsax305 36-10 0.783
                DawgUp 34-12 0.739
                Go Cards Go 8-3 0.727
                ctrabs74 33-13 0.717
                bankslaker 9-3 0.714
                canadarican 5-2 0.714
                chapmaja 5-2 0.714
                Wide Right 5-2 0.714
                Last edited by Woodbury; 11-10-2022, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Grand Valley
                  Northern Michigan
                  Michigan Tech
                  Ferris
                  Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

[QUOTE=Redwing;n715607]

No disrespect to woodbury or yote, (and thanks so much woodbury for all your hard work!) but I personally will consider the most wins to be the overall champ (and not just because I'm tied for most currently, but because of exactly what you are saying.)

Comment

It doesn't seem right that someone who did not play each week should be "crowned" champ based on limited picks. I like the idea of using total games as the denominator for winning percentage.

I also want to give a big thanks to Woodbury for all the work put into this.

Comment

Per the column:

Grand Valley vs Davenport - Will be interesting to see how DU responds to the loss. Still lean toward GV having them overmatched.

Northern Michigan vs Lake Erie - Both teams 3-7. A lot harder to do that in the GLIAC than in the GMAC. LEC D pretty soft...Tyshon King goes wild.

Michigan Tech vs Saginaw Valley - I wrote that this one will be more competitive than the first meeting was, and I still believe that. Tech's inability to stop/slow the run for four quarters will be the downfall.

Ferris State vs Wayne State - Ferris may win by a lot, but this game will be physical. Wayne might lose, but they're going try and take you down with them...they will always fight you.

Again, thanks for doing this Woodbury.

As for the whole "number of wins vs. win %" thing, it's kinda like when I was a kid looking up the batting average leaders in the paper...guys had to have a minimum # of at-bats to make the list. Given the that sample size is so limited in football, the total # of correct picks seems like it makes the most sense as the true measure of who picked the most games right, particularly when participating every week. Woodbury is gracious enough to give us both measures, but I salute tip and fan for putting themselves into a spot where their totals can't be caught.

Comment

Last edited by tip79; 11-11-2022, 10:34 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Redwing;n715607]

I agree. Most wins should be the winner. I was actually just pointing out a math mistake so all good lol

Woodbury Appreciate you doing this for us

Comment

Grand Valley vs Davenport 35-10
                              Northern Michigan vs Lake Erie 28-21 (honestly was leaning LEC here, but tip beat me to it, so one of us gotta break the tie at the top)
                              Michigan Tech vs Saginaw Valley 28-17 (probably would have taken Tech if it was at Tech)
                              Ferris State vs Wayne State 38-14

Comment

Crap. There's only one way for me to try and tie since tip and gliac_fan picked differently on NMU/LEC. That means I gotta take Davenport and Michigan Tech lol.

2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X