3 Pittsburg State 10-0
    4 Ouachita Baptist 10-0
    5 Davenport 7-1
    6 Truman State 8-1
    7 UIndy 7-1
    8 Harding 8-2
    9 Emporia State 8-2
    10 Northwest Missouri State 8-2

As of right now, Grand Valley, Ferris State, Pittsburg State, Ouachita Baptist are all pretty well locked into the playoffs, Davenport should be in as well, just depends on how much the committee punished them for losing late games in the season. All that's left is figuring out which of the 2 loss teams get to make the playoffs.

I agree along with the winner of Truman and UIndy. That leaves one spot open for the 2 loss teams.

Comment

Order will change but I'm thinking top 7 will have same teams next week. Maybe if OBU loses that may matter? I'm going by the numbers but no clue if comm. just says, nah, it ain't right.

I wonder if Bsdogs drop to 3 due to SOS drop. As for the order of 5-7, no matter, as they are technically just thrown into a pool and placed to limit travel. Still GV has to take care of some business Saturday. Big business.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
        Order will change but I'm thinking top 7 will have same teams next week. Maybe if OBU loses that may matter? I'm going by the numbers but no clue if comm. just says, nah, it ain't right.

I wonder if Bsdogs drop to 3 due to SOS drop. As for the order of 5-7, no matter, as they are technically just thrown into a pool and placed to limit travel. Still GV has to take care of some business Saturday. Big business.
        That's what I was wondering about Ferris as well. I'm thinking they moved up to #2 just because of their playing an 8-0 Davenport, and they'll probably drop down again to 3 or 4 after they get this Wayne State game on their schedule to torpedo their SOS.
        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

I agree about Ferris. Assuming everybody holds serve and if they did drop could they drop to 4th figuring PSU and OBU have basically the same numbers (based on Sunday's show)? They would still have a much better SOS but they would have fewer D2 games. I could see them 2 or 4. It will be interesting to see how they handle that.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodbury View Post
            I agree about Ferris. Assuming everybody holds serve and if they did drop could they drop to 4th figuring PSU and OBU have basically the same numbers (based on Sunday's show)? They would still have a much better SOS but they would have fewer D2 games. I could see them 2 or 4. It will be interesting to see how they handle that.
            OBU and Pitt State are both facing much better opponents this week, so I would assume Ferris is preparing to be #4.
            2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

I think Truman might still be in with a loss but Indianapolis needs to win. I also think if Henderson State wins it'll be hard to keep them out.

Comment

I could be all wet, but my hunch is Ferris stays on the 2.

I agree with Ink...if Indy loses, the story for their not being in the bracket has some plausible deniability to it. If Truman loses, it's harder to explain away so they still have a very real shot.

I also agree with Ink in that Henderson is a pretty major wild card here if they beat Ouachita and Truman beats Indy...

Comment

IMO these are the scenarios (GV, FSU and Pitt are locked at 1,2,3 barring upset):

OBU and Truman Win:

4. OBU
                  5. Truman
                  6. NW/Emporia
                  7. Davenport

OBU and Indy Win:

4. OBU
                  5. Indy
                  6. NW/Emporia
                  7. Harding

Henderson and Truman Win:

4. Truman
                  5. OBU
                  6. NW/Emporia
                  7. Davenport or Henderson (honestly hard to know what the committee would do here)

Henderson and Indy Win:

4. Indy
                  5. OBU
                  6. NW/Emporia
                  7. Henderson

Comment

So, what happens if DU beats GV and OBU and PSU win? 1-5 are all in plus Indy/Truman winner and 1 two loss team?

Comment

Originally posted by 4nick8 View Post
                      So, what happens if DU beats GV and OBU and PSU win? 1-5 are all in plus Indy/Truman winner and 1 two loss team?
                      That would make the seeding a mess but the 7 in would be certain...yes it would be the top 5, Indy/Truman winner would be 6 and NW/Emporia winner 7

Comment

I don't really see a way Davenport gets left out.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                          I don't really see a way Davenport gets left out.
                          About what I'm thinking, even with a loss, they're still going to get a good boost to their SOS numbers.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X