Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
    Empty

The problem is when it was NOT NWMSU playing there...but I get it...it is a sweet venue for sure...but...still gotta love those epic battles in Bama..great games and yea...the place had some faults for sure...the people sure were kind.

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post

The problem is when it was NOT NWMSU playing there...but I get it...it is a sweet venue for sure...but...still gotta love those epic battles in Bama..great games and yea...the place had some faults for sure...the people sure were kind.
      2021 - 3,993 (Tex)
      2019 - 3,415 (Tex)
      2018 - 4,306 (Tex)
      2017 - 4,259 (KC)
      2014 - 6,762 (KC)

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

2021 - 3,993 (Tex)
        2019 - 3,415 (Tex)
        2018 - 4,306 (Tex)
        2017 - 4,259 (KC)
        2014 - 6,762 (KC)
        I still wonder how travel impacts attendance. Sure flights are available, but for many, that's a luxury. Maybe KC is a bit more drivable location than TX?

Comment

I like the central location of KC, but didn't that facility basically screw D2 over the first chance they got?

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
            I like the central location of KC, but didn't that facility basically screw D2 over the first chance they got?
            Yes. I will never forgive them.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

I still wonder how travel impacts attendance. Sure flights are available, but for many, that's a luxury. Maybe KC is a bit more drivable location than TX?
              I think it's a huge factor along with a quick turnaround.

Comment

Originally posted by GVSU-2019 View Post

The most bush league thing ever: playing the d2 championship in a high school field in Texas. Isn't there an MLS stadium we can use?
                There was, until the idiots there at Sporting KC wanted to screw us by putting new turf in when they should have been hosting the championship game instead, and jerked the NCAA around on doing that. Forever a dirty word now in my eyes, because I really would have liked to have gone to KC for a national championship game. Right now, KC would have been just a little bit over an 11 hour drive for me. Could easily take my friday and sunday off, don't work saturdays, driven to KC, enjoyed myself a little, crashed in the hotel room, got up for the tailgate, game, celebration time, hotel room crash, and got back on the road early in the morning the next day and gotten back home with plenty of time to be ready for work on monday. Mckinney Texas? Google maps has it at about 17 hours, getting down there wouldn't be that big of an issue, as I don't work thursdays either and could break up the drive down if I wanted to, but yeah, I probably would have to either take another day off of work, or leave right after the game, catch some zzz's at a rest stop every couple of hours, and I'm a little too old to be roadtripping quite like that anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

McKinney is a long way from Allendale. Seems like a more central location could be found. I’ve been crunching some numbers to estimate what a trip to McKinney would cost…..Rental for 5 or 6 days: $600, 4 nights lodging: $400-500, gas for the 2100 mile round trip: $360, food: $100. Looking at somewhere around $1500 bucks. Now splitting it 2 or 3 ways makes it feasible but flying is likely a better alternative.

Comment

I do think that I've heard that Nashville has been looking into building a roofed stadium for the NFL team. Not sure if fixed dome or retractable roof is the current plan. That's been a place that's been mention lots of times as would be a prime location for the game. fairly central to the majority of D2. You can fly there, plenty of hotel space, tons of other stuff to do while there. It would take a total perfect storm of conditions for the game to come close to filling up the lower bowl of an NFL stadium, short of say the Titans throwing in the championship game ticket to their season ticket holders, but it would be a pretty good location overall.

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Probably says a lot about the state of GVs program recently when I tell you that Florence was TWO championship sites ago.
                      I'm aware of the championship game movement. If they can beat ferris and win in the semis, they should fly the team in their jet to Florence and then bus then to KC. Seems like the only logical move at this point

Comment

• With a stop in tupelo for old times sake. I recall a ride from Florence to tupelo with Brandon flying the plane and the refs on board. Or something like that

Comment

• Originally posted by dvaara View Post
                          With a stop in tupelo for old times sake. I recall a ride from Florence to tupelo with Brandon flying the plane and the refs on board. Or something like that
                          Dvaara, lay off the Wild Turkey. ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelakerman View Post

McKinney is a long way from Allendale. Seems like a more central location could be found. I’ve been crunching some numbers to estimate what a trip to McKinney would cost…..Rental for 5 or 6 days: $600, 4 nights lodging: $400-500, gas for the 2100 mile round trip: $360, food: $100. Looking at somewhere around $1500 bucks. Now splitting it 2 or 3 ways makes it feasible but flying is likely a better alternative.
                            I maintain d2 should look at putting the championship at Lynn Family Stadium in Louisville. It's just over 2 years old, seats 11,000, and is super centrally located making travel really easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                              I do think that I've heard that Nashville has been looking into building a roofed stadium for the NFL team. Not sure if fixed dome or retractable roof is the current plan. That's been a place that's been mention lots of times as would be a prime location for the game. fairly central to the majority of D2. You can fly there, plenty of hotel space, tons of other stuff to do while there. It would take a total perfect storm of conditions for the game to come close to filling up the lower bowl of an NFL stadium, short of say the Titans throwing in the championship game ticket to their season ticket holders, but it would be a pretty good location overall.
                              I live in Nashville so I'd be in! The new Titans stadium is a long way off, but Geodis park (new MLS stadium) just opened this season and is gorgeous. Would definitely be an awesome venue for the game

Comment

• Originally posted by dvaara View Post
                                With a stop in tupelo for old times sake. I recall a ride from Florence to tupelo with Brandon flying the plane and the refs on board. Or something like that
                                This was exactly what happened. A sinfully early morning flight with Justin Engalls and the NSIC crew, I believe.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X