Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both NW & GV websites have the all time series wrong. NW beat GV during the regular season in Allendale in ‘84(the 1st year NW made the playoffs)

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
      Both NW & GV websites have the all time series wrong. NW beat GV during the regular season in Allendale in ‘84(the 1st year NW made the playoffs)
      The "History" link on the websites isn't really useful. The SID's never utilize it like they could. It's supposed to read from all the results housed on the schedule pages of the website. For example, NW Missouri has schedules/results back to 1997, but even then, they don't have the teams linked correctly, so the 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2013 games aren't accounted for because they didn't transfer over to the current webhost correctly when NW Missouri migrated a few years ago. Only the 2009 and 2018 games are counted on the NW Missouri website. GVSU has all six games linked correctly back to 2005, but they only have schedules on their website back to 2002, so there's nothing prior to 2002 being counted.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Why have information that’s demonstrably inaccurate?
        A school’s own website should be a dependable repository of information about themselves. When websites, newspapers etc are wrong in things you have direct knowledge of it makes you question things they write of when you don’t have first hand knowledge.

Comment

Why have information that’s demonstrably inaccurate?
          A school’s own website should be a dependable repository of information about themselves. When websites, newspapers etc are wrong in things you have direct knowledge of it makes you question things they write of when you don’t have first hand knowledge.
          It's not wrong, it just isn't available through the backend of the website. They have records of everything in other places. I know that GV has record book files that they keep updated every week which are not available online.

The "History" feature on the schedule page is just a thing that the website hosting system includes kind of on its own, and it just reads the data available to the system and tries to put something together. But the issue is that keeping things like that updated is kind of a fruitless endeavor since so many schools are required to change their websites every so many years, so you end up losing all that information eventually that the website keeps on its own, and it isn't worth the time it takes to get an entire program's history in there. So schools usually keep that information in a file that is not on the website, instead. It's just generally a waste of time to manually create a bunch of roster and schedule pages and stat pages on the website for the website to read from when you'll have to move websites within a couple years, anyway. Additionally, the statistics program that exists that is in use today has only existed since about 1998, so getting season stats online is also tough, because it will require uploading physical documents to the website, again, which will be lost eventually when moving websites.

For example, if you want to look up historical results for NW Missouri, you can visit their record book here: https://bearcatsports.com/documents/...-thru_2021.pdf

GVSU also has a record book on their website, although it looks like it hasn't been updated since the beginning of the 2021 season: https://gvsulakers.com/documents/202...BallRecods.pdf

Comment

I see what you’re saying about the websites but both schools had news articles with the all time records wrong. It’s the articles that were wrong because the writers didn’t do their homework.

Comment

Pitt listed the 2 deep for the wrong team in their game notes, not once, but twice this year. D2 SID departments are not really cream of the crop.

Comment

My dad was a newspaper man so I grew up around newspapers-guess I’m just a stickler for details

Comment

My dad was a newspaper man so I grew up around newspapers-guess I’m just a stickler for details
                  Me too. I'd be frustrated by that if I was still working in that field, but I don't work in that field anymore, haha. Part of the reason I don't work in that field anymore is because now everything has a graphic and video focus instead of an information and history focus, so.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                    Pitt listed the 2 deep for the wrong team in their game notes, not once, but twice this year. D2 SID departments are not really cream of the crop.
                    Disagree...while some may not be great...GVSU has Tim Nott and he is a super star. Walking computer on sports stats for GVSU and most of the GLIAC for that matter. Gets releases out fast and is accurate on his reporting.

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post

Disagree...while some may not be great...GVSU has Tim Nott and he is a super star. Walking computer on sports stats for GVSU and most of the GLIAC for that matter. Gets releases out fast and is accurate on his reporting.
                      Ferris can’t be bothered to look up how many conference championships Pitt has, nor can Flo sports spell the town name right.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Maybe someone can travel to Lubbers who will send the game action back to Maryville by HAM radio.
                        More likely!

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

The institutions are hosting an NCAA game.

I totally agree with you. I absolutely hate how schools have to modify the gameday atmosphere. It robs everyone, including the visiting fans.
                          I watched our grounds crews work yesterday removing all the fun stuff from Lubbers for the game...its stupid IMHO but I get it...their rules...I agree...game days should be fun not sterile.

Comment

I watched our grounds crews work yesterday removing all the fun stuff from Lubbers for the game...its stupid IMHO but I get it...their rules...I agree...game days should be fun not sterile.
                            I don't understand the purpose of all that. It lessens the very product they are trying to sell. It makes zero sense.

Comment

..game days should be fun not sterile.
                              100%

Comment

Good to see the 50's temps are holding up for gameday this Saturday in Grand Rapids. Hope those temps hold up the following weekend when NW heads back up that way to Big Rapids.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X