Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am assuming GV also paid the NCAA so it could be broadcast locally.

Comment

Wait. Who is GV playing? GLIAC website shows Ferris as the only team still playing...

Comment

Here is the document that outlines the bidding process for D2 football playoff games: https://www.ncaa.com/_flysystem/publ...ll_BidMemo.pdf

Of note:

TELEVISION BROADCAST RIGHTS After selections, ESPN will have the first opportunity to activate their broadcast rights for selected preliminary-round (i.e., first round, second round, quarterfinal) games. For “unselected” games, these broadcast television rights revert to the NCAA to grant/sell them to any network (e.g., NCAA conference/institution television networks; RSNs; local television stations), if it so chooses. Qualified NCAA conference/institution television networks, Regional Sports Networks (RSNs) and local television stations may submit their completed Television Broadcast Rights Request Form to Amy Skiles ([email protected]) of the NCAA by the competitive bidding deadline.
        Additional Television Broadcast Rights Criteria That Will Be Considered Are As Follows:

1. Financial package.
        2. Coverage area (how many households delivered).
        3. Relationship with the institution (e.g., produced five regular-season Division II football games and 10-Division II football coaches' shows during the regular season).
        4. Production quality (e.g., number of manned cameras, number of videotape replay machines, layout of television production truck, number of announcers, type of graphics looks).
        5. Prior bidding in current championship.
        6. Live broadcast or tape-delay broadcast
        INTERNET VIDEO STREAMING RIGHTS In accordance with the NCAA's digital rights agreement with Turner, Turner owns the exclusive rights to stream all NCAA championships live via the Internet, mobile applications, and related devices, except for those championships, which fall under a prior national television and/or digital rights agreement (i.e., CBS, ESPN, Golf Channel).

If Turner elects to exercise its right to distribute an NCAA championship event via live Internet video streaming (or in the event an NCAA broadcast partner receives exclusive syndication rights or if a network purchases exclusive rights for this event), NO SECONDARY STREAMING RIGHTS WILL BE GRANTED to university athletics departments, university television networks, student-operated television networks, RSNs / local television networks or other media outlets (collectively, “ThirdParties”).

If Turner elects NOT to exercise its Internet video streaming rights, certain Third Parties MAY REQUEST PERMISSION TO VIDEO STREAM selected NCAA championship events (the “Event Coverage”) from Turner. All requests must be submitted to Turner online at www.ncaa.com/rights-request.
        If Flo wanted to pay 1000 dollars for the rights to these contests, and the schools themselves wanted to stream them with no fee since it would be an institution, NCAA will grant the rights to Flo since it is the better financial package.
        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Thanks for doing the research.

Comment

I'm not defending the GLIAC or NCAA or GV/FSU at all. Still, it's not much different than if ESPN+ carried it. It's just that many of us.. not all.. get ESPN+ through their video provider. IF not, one would have to sign up for ESPN. Still, ESPN offers much much much more events. FLO doesn't offer that many.

With that, I'm still wondering if the link through NCAA.com will get one free access to the GV and FSU games. Like I posted elsewhere, I tried that link for the FSU/DU game, but I didn't realize that it was there until AFTER the game. So it didn't take me to the game, but rather some other video. I don't know how to find out if the Saturday GLIAC games will have a free link from NCAA.com or not. I found out about it while listening to the post game of Ferris. They mentioned that the game can be watched at FLO AND NCAA.com next week. I'll ge at the GV game so no matter for me (though I'd like to watch both FSU and the GV game later too. I can record the TV feed but the quality of the station is poor.)

Still, one can't watch it delayed for free since the only place I can find those past games is on FLO.. behind that paywall.

And yes, I can still subscribe for $19.99 a month.. I wonder why some are forced to pay 29.99.

Here's a link to the GV/NW game (now showing selection show)

https://www.ncaa.com/game/6079886

Comment

There was no link to the DU/FSU game before or during the game on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by tip79 View Post
                There was no link to the DU/FSU game before or during the game on Saturday.
                Thanks,

One shows now... though it takes one to the selection show.

Comment

The game will be broadcast locally on WXSP TV. I don't know if they can be streamed.

https://gvsulakers.com/news/2022/11/...ff-action.aspx
                  So local GV fans can skip Lubbers and watch it free while NW fans that can’t make the 700+ mile trip on a Holiday weekend must pay $29.99 to watch. Hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post

So local GV fans can skip Lubbers and watch it free while NW fans that can’t make the 700+ mile trip on a Holiday weekend must pay $29.99 to watch. Hmmm
                    Maryville's TV stations are free to send someone to broadcast the game back to Maryville. Back when GV and West Texas A&M had a home-and-home, GV sent a TV crew to Canyon, Texas, to broadcast the game back to the area. So.

Comment

Perhaps NWMS can buy rights from Flosports to broadcast the game on a local tv outlet.

Comment

Perhaps NWMS can buy rights from Flosports to broadcast the game on a local tv outlet.
                        Regardless, the GLIAC is the only conf requiring pay for the PO's. Not a good look if they want to promote the brand at all. And true it's televised locally, but it's not even an HD feed.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Maryville's TV stations are free to send someone to broadcast the game back to Maryville. Back when GV and West Texas A&M had a home-and-home, GV sent a TV crew to Canyon, Texas, to broadcast the game back to the area. So.
                          Well this is an NCAA game and there is a rights fee to be paid to the NCAA. So said TV station would not only have to pay for travel, salaries, overtime (Holiday weekend), the NCAA and a station to air it. Doubt the Kansas City CBS or NBC channel would drop national program for free.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post

I was upset briefly for having to buy a MIDCO Subscription last spring for the BB Regional Championship. That was a bargain compared to what is being charged for this Saturday. Looks like I will be going to a watch party in Liberty.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Maryville's TV stations ........
                              Ha Ha Ha Ha

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Ha Ha Ha Ha
                                Maybe someone can travel to Lubbers who will send the game action back to Maryville by HAM radio.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X