Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post
    Good to see the 50's temps are holding up for gameday this Saturday in Grand Rapids. Hope those temps hold up the following weekend when NW heads back up that way to Big Rapids.
    Cocky!

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

The institutions are hosting an NCAA game.

I totally agree with you. I absolutely hate how schools have to modify the gameday atmosphere. It robs everyone, including the visiting fans.
      All the more reason why y'all should schedule a regular season home and home sometime so we can really show off. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post

I watched our grounds crews work yesterday removing all the fun stuff from Lubbers for the game...its stupid IMHO but I get it...their rules...I agree...game days should be fun not sterile.
        They didn't remove me from the stadium, so we're still going to have fun this weekend, even if I gotta smuggle it in.

Comment

Will the GLIAC teams be able to handle the heat tomorrow? They may have trouble with cramping in the MIAAish late November weather. Also how will the GLIAC teams handle playing on a non-snow covered field?
          😎😎

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
            Will the GLIAC teams be able to handle the heat tomorrow? They may have trouble with cramping in the MIAAish late November weather. Also how will the GLIAC teams handle playing on a non-snow covered field?
            😎😎
            The team will just have t-shirts and Bermuda shorts over their pads and since the snow is gone, the 3 inch spikes come off and the September ones put back on. I hope the local drug store is still stocking sunscreen!

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
              😎😎
              I listened to the Anneese presser, and they asked him about the weather being an advantage. He looked at the reporter like he thought it was a pretty silly question and said "it gets cold there, too".

I thought it was kind of funny because they asked it after talking about how it was supposed to be in the 40's.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post

They didn't remove me from the stadium, so we're still going to have fun this weekend, even if I gotta smuggle it in.
                I heard they were working on it. ;)

Comment

[QUOTE=Predatory Primates;n722252]

l"it gets cold there, too". It was 15 degrees cooler in Maryville than Allendale earlier today 😎😎

GV found that out in ‘07…next to ‘16 title game it was one of the coldest I’d set thru
                  Last edited by NWFanatic; 11-25-2022, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I listened to the Anneese presser, and they asked him about the weather being an advantage. He looked at the reporter like he thought it was a pretty silly question and said "it gets cold there, too".

I thought it was kind of funny because they asked it after talking about how it was supposed to be in the 40's.
                    LOL...this kind of thing always baffles me as well. I mean, the average temperature in Pittsburg is roughly ten to fifteen degrees warmer this time of year but 40's vs. 50's isn't the "20's vs. 80's" like the media and some fans seem to want to make it into. "Coming to the Michigan cold" is exactly as you coined it..."silly".

It always kills me how folks often seem incapable or unwilling to look at maps and realize that this time of year, particularly in this region/SR, the weather isn't drastically different anywhere you're gonna go. I will grant that last week had the snow...but lake effect events like that are something that CAN happen...they are NOT absolutes. We have more years where we DON'T see major instances like that one than we do. To put a finer point on it: we got roughly two feet of snow at our house in metro-GR last weekend. The hammering we took set a bunch of records. BUT, once you got far enough east (think Lansing..60ish miles) they had ZERO snow. That's how lake effect works...it's all where the bands set up.

AND, events like that are decidedly unique within the context of a season. Yeah, the cold snap we just saw caused it but we normalized aIl this following week and I can already see most of my grass again. It's supposed to be around 50 for a high temp tomorrow, and there isn't any snow anywhere in the coming forecast. I swear people think once it's October here everything turns into an episode of Ice Road Truckers until May. That's simply not the case. Similarly, it's not like it doesn't get cold in Kansas this time of year...

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I heard they were working on it. ;)
                      You and what army monkey boy?? ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                        You and what army monkey boy?? ;-)
                        Not me. I'm old and fat. Plus, I wouldn't dream of it.

The NCAA is gonna send a "neutralizer" out.

Comment

PITT!

Comment

State!

Comment

PITT!!!!

Comment

STATE!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...