Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GV vs Ferris, version 2.0

Is there really anything to discuss? We all know how it's going to play out at this point, right? Difference will be one score, and it'll be something on special teams or a turnover.
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

After yesterday’s offensive performance, my confidence is a lot lower than it was going into the playoffs.

Comment

Rivalry game in the playoffs. Should be a fun one to watch

Comment

What;s the over/under on points? Hopefully it snows or we have some form of precipitation. Seems that's the only weather we don't turn the ball over as much in.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
          What;s the over/under on points? Hopefully it snows or we have some form of precipitation. Seems that's the only weather we don't turn the ball over as much in.
          that seems true, why?

Comment

Who knows. Evidently TA hasn't figured that out either. Most of our games are closer than they need to be. Start playing good teams it's gonna cost us. Cost us against West Florida a few years ago and almost cost us yesterday. Luckily D bailed us out.
            Last edited by DawgUp; 11-27-2022, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post
              After yesterday’s offensive performance, my confidence is a lot lower than it was going into the playoffs.
              Ferris scored 17.

Comment

Old school football.

Currently, weather.com is saying sunshine and clouds mixed. High near 35F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph. a 24 percent chance of precipitation. Most likely to change in the next couple of days.

Comment

It is just nice that it won't be on Thanksgiving weekend. You should have some students back and at least have a decent showing for this PO game.

As a side note, I would chip in on some portable heaters for those stands. The last game of the regular season and into POs tends to get quite chilly!

Comment

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post
                    Agreed. Cade had one of the worst games throwing the ball that I’ve seen. Missed open receivers all day….usually throwing too high. He can’t do that against Ferris and win. Gotta keep the adrenaline under control. On the other hand, when he saw a lot of green in front of him he took advantage of it. Too many red zone trips with no points. I don’t understand 4th and goal from the one foot line and giving the ball to your lightest back. Moreno at 230 lbs would have been the better choice….Or, get up under center and sneak it. Of course hindsight is always 20/20 and coaching from the stands is easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Thelakerman View Post

Agreed. Cade had one of the worst games throwing the ball that I’ve seen. Missed open receivers all day….usually throwing too high. He can’t do that against Ferris and win. Gotta keep the adrenaline under control. On the other hand, when he saw a lot of green in front of him he took advantage of it. Too many red zone trips with no points. I don’t understand 4th and goal from the one foot line and giving the ball to your lightest back. Moreno at 230 lbs would have been the better choice….Or, get up under center and sneak it. Of course hindsight is always 20/20 and coaching from the stands is easy.
                      Not getting under center on short-yardage situations will continue to annoy the hell out of me. I understand that running from the shotgun allows one to see more of the defense and gives better chances for breaking off chunk plays, but the idea that any team still gets in shotgun and tries to run from essentially the 6-yard line when they only need a foot is mind-boggling to me. QB sneaks are the most successful plays in the entire game of football besides extra points.

Comment

Originally posted by Thelakerman View Post

Kick the damn field goal!!! Did the same thing vs Ferris... will never understand lack of confidence in kickers. Doesn't understand momentum change that hands the opposition when you totally fail to get anything out of a drive to the 6inch line. Almost handed NW the game. Yes I know it was windy, but that would have been shorter than an extra point. NW went under center for their 4th and inches and were given the spot to continue their go ahead drive. How many times has GV failed to get the TD in that situation against top notch teams in the last year? Hell, in 2021 it resulted in 7 points for Ferris which was the difference in that game.

Comment

Originally posted by 4nick8 View Post

Kick the damn field goal!!! Did the same thing vs Ferris... will never understand lack of confidence in kickers. Doesn't understand momentum change that hands the opposition when you totally fail to get anything out of a drive to the 6inch line. Almost handed NW the game. Yes I know it was windy, but that would have been shorter than an extra point. NW went under center for their 4th and inches and were given the spot to continue their go ahead drive. How many times has GV failed to get the TD in that situation against top notch teams in the last year? Hell, in 2021 it resulted in 7 points for Ferris which was the difference in that game.
                          I fully advocate going for it on any 4th-and-short situation when you're on the opponent's goal-line, but I just hate how they go about trying to convert it. It's prudent to go for it in that situation because even if you don't get it, you have a pretty good shot at getting a safety on an ensuing play, and if you force the opponent to go 3 and out, you're going to get good field position. So the reward is worth it.

I just would rather go for it with a sneak or an under-center run, which have almost a 90+% success rate.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

I fully advocate going for it on any 4th-and-short situation when you're on the opponent's goal-line, but I just hate how they go about trying to convert it. It's prudent to go for it in that situation because even if you don't get it, you have a pretty good shot at getting a safety on an ensuing play, and if you force the opponent to go 3 and out, you're going to get good field position. So the reward is worth it.

I disagree in most cases. Depends on situation and intangibles like momentum are hard to quantify but do play a huge part in big games. The three failures I inferred are a good example of the reward not being worth it. GV was just fortunate to overcome the poor decision in two of them. And I agree that if the decision is made to go for it, GET UNDER CENTER!!!

Comment

Will this be able to be watched online somewhere? I live out of state and don't want to pay for FloSports

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X