Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GVSU-2019 View Post
    Will this be able to be watched online somewhere? I live out of state and don't want to pay for FloSports
    Someone earlier said that WOOD's website streamed WXSP live during the game. Assuming WXSP picks up this game as well, it should be available here: https://www.woodtv.com/live-streaming-video/
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

I completely agree about going under center for a QB sneak on 4th and short situations, especially on the goal line. It blows my mind that GV doesn't have that package or doesn't use it. Even when we don't have Avery Moore, Cade could easily get 6 inches or even throw in Endicot. He could easily push the line.

Fascinated to watch this rematch and see what type of adjustments both sides make. I have faith in the GVSU defense to hold Ferris to a lower output again but I think GV will need more consistent passing from Cade to score enough points. Hopefully we get a large playoff crowd with the students back, Ferris fans coming down, and no direct competition with the Michigan game.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Someone earlier said that WOOD's website streamed WXSP live during the game. Assuming WXSP picks up this game as well, it should be available here: https://www.woodtv.com/live-streaming-video/
        Thanks!

Comment

Is there really anything to discuss? We all know how it's going to play out at this point, right? Difference will be one score, and it'll be something on special teams or a turnover.
          Well, I'm gonna stream it....it's a must see game. Winning teams find ways to win........This one could be another 1-point game. I truly hope the weather is good. May the best team win. FSU - Revenge game. GV - keep the #1 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by lsnwbearcat View Post

Well, I'm gonna stream it....it's a must see game. Winning teams find ways to win........This one could be another 1-point game. I truly hope the weather is good. May the best team win. FSU - Revenge game. GV - keep the #1 seed.
            Weather right now looks clear but cool, around 35 degrees. Last time GV hosted Ferris in the playoffs was 2016, and the crowd was 12k+. So hopefully we can match that!
            Last edited by KleShreen; 11-28-2022, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GVSU-2019 View Post

Thanks!
              Looks like WXSP is indeed picking the game up again this week, so hopefully that link works.

Comment

I'm admittedly biased but by looking at position groups, who has the edge?

QB- MAYBE FSU... Maybe. if Cade is on, it swings to GV.

Oline- GV. Not the case last year, but this year. Talent, and likely more importantly Depth

WR- GV. This is tough and I may as well address this here as anywhere. FSU has some significant studs on the entire team.. Murphy, Taylor. and??? They individually be a game breaker. But GV also has a few AND appears deeper and talented across the board. So at WR it may be a push and mostly due to Taylor.

RBs- GV. FSU's Taylor is good, but not his best position. Reid, Provencher, Moreno. I'll put this group over most every other backs in the nation. Even Shep's or Mines.

TE's- Not usually noticed, but the groups at GV gets the nod.

Dline- Tough due to Murphy, but GV's is deep and has more players. GV

LB's.. I would say even, but Swanson really adds hugely. GV

Safeties. Push

Corners. 2 months ago, FSU, now GV. They kids grew up well and fast.

Kickers.. GV

Return game. I think Taylor returns, if not. so Maybe a slight edge to FSU.. unless Mooky goes strong.

So throw the darts. My glasses are blue, but had to throw it out there.
                Last edited by Redwing; 11-28-2022, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

WR- GV. This is tough and I may as well address this here as anywhere. FSU has some significant studs.. Murphy, Taylor. and??? They individually be a game breaker. But GV also has a few AND appears deeper and talented across the board.
                  Assuming you mean Hunt-Thompson and Taylor? I agree, those are probably the best two skill guys in the league (and maybe nation for Taylor?), but the overall depth for GV at WR gives them the edge.

Comment

Originally posted by Gliac_fan10 View Post

Assuming you mean Hunt-Thompson and Taylor? I agree, those are probably the best two skill guys in the league (and maybe nation for Taylor?), but the overall depth for GV at WR gives them the edge.
                    I was talking overall... and Taylor is that slot killer. Point being FSU has some studs.. but overall talent on GV looks better. No for the WRs .. I'm not a huge HT fan, but he is solid. Frankly I haven't.. but should??... focus on him more. Still the package guys that GV has can light it up.

Comment

Weather right now looks clear but cool, around 35 degrees. Last time GV hosted Ferris in the playoffs was 2018, and the crowd was 12k+. So hopefully we can match that!
                      Lost to NWMSU in 2018

Comment

Originally posted by 4nick8 View Post

Lost to NWMSU in 2018
                        There you go, my bad.

Comment

Oline- GV. Not the case last year, but this year. Talent, and likely more importantly Depth

WR- GV. This is tough and I may as well address this here as anywhere. FSU has some significant studs on the entire team.. Murphy, Taylor. and??? They individually be a game breaker. But GV also has a few AND appears deeper and talented across the board. So at WR it may be a push and mostly due to Taylor.

RBs- GV. FSU's Taylor is good, but not his best position. Reid, Provencher, Moreno. I'll put this group over most every other backs in the nation. Even Shep's or Mines.

Safeties. Push

Kickers.. GV

Return game. I think Taylor returns, if not. so Maybe a slight edge to FSU.. unless Mooky goes strong.

LOL, so basically GV has the better offense, defense and special teams. Lets just add in the better coach too. Man might as well not show up this weekend. Wonder how we stayed so close in that last one.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post

LOL, so basically GV has the better offense, defense and special teams. Lets just add in the better coach too. Man might as well not show up this weekend. Wonder how we stayed so close in that last one.
                            Yup. I put my opinion out there.. It's only my opinion. Watcha got?

Comment

Safeties. Push

Kickers.. GV

Coach? I say we are 3 point underdogs for this game.

Comment

Terrible one team has to lose. I feel like this is the Natty game this Saturday. Get matched up with Shepard in Semis… and then a decent final. This is it!!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X