Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FSUBulldog27 View Post

Coach? I say we are 3 point underdogs for this game.
    I figured coach is hot button. But yes, TA has pulled a play or two to make a difference. Add in that QB play has really been a key to FSU past wins. Frankly, I think the mystique has been solved and the corner has turned. So, I'm thinking that it's a push these days.

I'm still curious as to other's opinions on this. Especially from the Bsdog contingent. A slap about my opinion and a question about coach with a point spread prediction is the best you got? You guys aren't even barking, let alone biting.

Comment

Originally posted by FSUBulldog27 View Post
      Terrible one team has to lose. I feel like this is the Natty game this Saturday. Get matched up with Shepard in Semis… and then a decent final. This is it!!!!
      I remember thinking how easy it would be to beat shepherd in the semis in 2015. Then we knocked out their star QB on like the first drive and still lost the game. I wouldn’t overlook any of the remaining teams.

Comment

Originally posted by GVLakerFan24 View Post

I remember thinking how easy it would be to beat shepherd in the semis in 2015. Then we knocked out their star QB on like the first drive and still lost the game. I wouldn’t overlook any of the remaining teams.
        I gotta agree. Other than IUP and MAYBE Wingate, there isn't a sure out. Sure GV will be favored, but Mines or Shep? And from what I gathered, seeing Mines at Lubbers again isn't that much of a stretch. And who really knows about WF and Angelo if we see them in TX? But let's get the BSdogs out of the way first.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Yup. I put my opinion out there.. It's only my opinion. Watcha got?
          I'll give you QB (based on consistency), RB, Oline, TE, LB. Dline, WR, DBs go to Ferris. Issue with Ferris is the penalties and turnovers. Can't count how many drives we stalled on offense due to penalties and turnovers and how many opponent drives were kept alive by defensive penalties. Pitt St for example. 5 TOs, 100 yds in penalties (although those refs were brutal) and held undefeated MIAA champs to 1 offensive TD and 217 total yds while accumulating 387. That's 5 extra possessions they got and 5 we lost.

When I look at these teams from a skill set perspective, no way GV is better that Ferris at virtually every position. You're a more consistent and complete team. You're running game compliments your Def. Where our 5wr passing game and lack of running game puts our Def in tough positions. That shows late in games against good teams because they're worn down.

Comment

With all the talk here about comparing positions and players I decided to put a list together of the top 35 in this game (like ESPN does for big games). Mostly for myself to get a better feel on how this one may play out. Few disclaimers: there are a few Ferris guys who have missed the past few games so I left them off (they would be in this, and probably towards the top), secondly Ferris has rotated a lot of OL this year, so outside of Sieler, I admittedly don't have a great feel on the rest of their OL as far a individual players. And lastly, no offense meant to any players (I probably don't even know what the heck I am watching or talking about haha):
            1. Caleb Murphy - DE - FSU
            2. Marcus Taylor - RB/PR/WR - FSU
            3. Abe Swanson - LB - GV
            4. Garrett Carroll - OL - GV
            5. Quinton Barrow - OL - GV
            6. Christian McCarroll - DE - GV
            7. Jordan Jones - DT - FSU
            8. Jack Gilchrist - DT - GV
            9. Vincent Cooley - CB - FSU
            10. Jahde Walker - WR - GV
            11. Tyrese Hunt-Thompson - WR - FSU
            12. Tariq Reid - RB - GV
            13. Colton Hyble - DE - GV
            14. Cyntell Williams - S - FSU
            15. Nyzier Forqurean - CB - GV
            16. Olalere Oladipo - DE - FSU
            17. Cade Peterson - QB - GV
            18. CJ Jefferson - WR - FSU
            19. Jayk Slager - TE - GV
            20. Seth Hoonhorst - DT - GV
            21. Shaderrick Bradford - DT - FSU
            22. Gabe Brown - OL - GV
            23. Cody Tierney - WR - GV
            24. Jaylon Tilman - WR - GV
            25. Mylik Mitchell - QB - FSU
            26. Jordan Davis - OL - GV
            27. Joel Linden - OL - GV
            28. Jay’viar Suggs - DT - GV
            29. Terez Reid - CB - GV
            30. Kyler Blake-Jones - OL - GV
            31. Sidney McCloud - CB - FSU
            32. Adam Sieler - OL - FSU
            33. Damon Wesley - LB - GV
            34. Ian Hall - DE - FSU
            35. Denzel Williams - LB - GV
            Last edited by Gliac_fan10; 11-29-2022, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Good luck to GVSU. If we had to lose, just hope it was to the eventual Champ again. This might bode well for GVSU-if memory serves me over half of NWMSU’s 20 playoff losses have been to the eventual Champ.
              Last edited by NWFanatic; 11-29-2022, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post

I'll give you QB (based on consistency), RB, Oline, TE, LB. Dline, WR, DBs go to Ferris. Issue with Ferris is the penalties and turnovers. Can't count how many drives we stalled on offense due to penalties and turnovers and how many opponent drives were kept alive by defensive penalties. Pitt St for example. 5 TOs, 100 yds in penalties (although those refs were brutal) and held undefeated MIAA champs to 1 offensive TD and 217 total yds while accumulating 387. That's 5 extra possessions they got and 5 we lost.

When I look at these teams from a skill set perspective, no way GV is better that Ferris at virtually every position. You're a more consistent and complete team. You're running game compliments your Def. Where our 5wr passing game and lack of running game puts our Def in tough positions. That shows late in games against good teams because they're worn down.
                No way you actually believe the Ferris Oline and TEs are better... absolutely no way lol

Comment

That was my freshman year at GV and I'm still mad about it. My buddies and I bought a couch to burn and everything

Comment

Ferris 55 Shepherd 7 in semis last year. Did they improve that much this year? The winner of GV and Ferris will be the d2 champion

Comment

Originally posted by GV Retired Bum View Post

No way you actually believe the Ferris Oline and TEs are better... absolutely no way lol
                      Bum, didn't we discuss you responding to quotes after you started drinking...:

"I'll give you QB (based on consistency), RB, Oline, TE, LB. Dline, WR, DBs go to Ferris."

Our Oline is basically a ton of RFr and we don't even play a TE unless we're inside the 7yd line.

Comment

Wonder what the reaction is going to be when GV loses this game. You guys gonna call for Mitchells head or are you satisfied with a GLIAC championship and 1 playoff win this year? Maybe you can hire in Ryan Day after Ohio St. fires him for losing to UM...lmao.

Comment

Wonder what the reaction is going to be when GV loses this game. You guys gonna call for Mitchells head or are you satisfied with a GLIAC championship and 1 playoff win this year? Maybe you can hire in Ryan Day after Ohio St. fires him for losing to UM...lmao.
                          Just wanted to quote this for now so we can potentially come back to it on Saturday in case you edit it.
                          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Just wanted to quote this for now so we can potentially come back to it on Saturday in case you edit it.
                            No edits here Board Almighty. Just wondering what direction the meltdown will go Sat afternoon.

Comment

No edits here Board Almighty. Just wondering what direction the meltdown will go Sat afternoon.
                              No need to wonder.

Comment

lol uh. There's like two people here who will blame Mitchell if GV loses because they're garbage GV fans. Everyone else, who is a sane, rational person, will know that both teams are really good and wouldn't be surprised no matter who wins.
                                2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X