Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
    I'm admittedly biased but by looking at position groups, who has the edge?

QB- MAYBE FSU... Maybe. if Cade is on, it swings to GV.

Oline- GV. Not the case last year, but this year. Talent, and likely more importantly Depth

WR- GV. This is tough and I may as well address this here as anywhere. FSU has some significant studs on the entire team.. Murphy, Taylor. and??? They individually be a game breaker. But GV also has a few AND appears deeper and talented across the board. So at WR it may be a push and mostly due to Taylor.

RBs- GV. FSU's Taylor is good, but not his best position. Reid, Provencher, Moreno. I'll put this group over most every other backs in the nation. Even Shep's or Mines.

TE's- Not usually noticed, but the groups at GV gets the nod.

Dline- Tough due to Murphy, but GV's is deep and has more players. GV

LB's.. I would say even, but Swanson really adds hugely. GV

Safeties. Push

Corners. 2 months ago, FSU, now GV. They kids grew up well and fast.

Kickers.. GV

Return game. I think Taylor returns, if not. so Maybe a slight edge to FSU.. unless Mooky goes strong.

So throw the darts. My glasses are blue, but had to throw it out there.
    QB- Ferris, both Mitchel and Gulker are better than Cade, although they are more mistake prone
    Oline- GV
    WR - Ferris. I'd rather have two stud WRs than have depth that's not even often on the field
    RB- GV
    TE- GV
    Dline- GV
    LB- GV
    DB- Ferris

Comment

Originally posted by yote_7 View Post

QB- Ferris, both Mitchel and Gulker are better than Cade, although they are more mistake prone
      Oline- GV
      WR - Ferris. I'd rather have two stud WRs than have depth that's not even often on the field
      RB- GV
      TE- GV
      Dline- GV
      LB- GV
      DB- Ferris
      I agree….mostly…Cade is better than Mitchell on his good days. Not so much on his bad days. He had a bad day throwing against NWM but made good decisions getting out of the pocket and scrambling for yards. I’d call that even. Gulker is the equivalent of GV’s Moore. If Moore’s healthy, he’s better. I agree on the other stuff you listed. Weather is going to be a factor with temperatures at the freezing mark and winds gusting to 40mph. Kicking game is nullified and punters will only do well with the wind at their backs. Ferris will throw the ball short which has been a problem for GV at times. They’re So evenly matched that it might come down to turnovers and a couple of big plays on either side.

Comment

Originally posted by Thelakerman View Post

I agree….mostly…Cade is better than Mitchell on his good days. Not so much on his bad days. He had a bad day throwing against NWM but made good decisions getting out of the pocket and scrambling for yards. I’d call that even. Gulker is the equivalent of GV’s Moore. If Moore’s healthy, he’s better. I agree on the other stuff you listed. Weather is going to be a factor with temperatures at the freezing mark and winds gusting to 40mph. Kicking game is nullified and punters will only do well with the wind at their backs. Ferris will throw the ball short which has been a problem for GV at times. They’re So evenly matched that it might come down to turnovers and a couple of big plays on either side.
        Malik Mitchell is a better passer than Cade. Gulker is a better runner than both Cade and Moore. The good thing about Cade is that he has more experience and makes fewer mistakes

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
          Wonder what the reaction is going to be when GV loses this game. You guys gonna call for Mitchells head or are you satisfied with a GLIAC championship and 1 playoff win this year? Maybe you can hire in Ryan Day after Ohio St. fires him for losing to UM...lmao.
          Pretty audacious for you to be so certain of this game going in either outcome. That being said, IF, not when, but if GV loses, I will be very happy with the season. Only one loss, and we beat a top 5 mines team in the opener, beat all our rivals, and won a playoff game against our biggest post season rival.

Comment

FEED ME BULLDOGS, LET'S GO LAKERS

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

lol uh. There's like two people here who will blame Mitchell if GV loses because they're garbage GV fans. Everyone else, who is a sane, rational person, will know that both teams are really good and wouldn't be surprised no matter who wins.
              LMAO.....both teams are always really good, never stopped the melt downs before. I figure that regular season victory might have pacified the natives for a while. We'll see how long that lasts.

Comment

LMAO.....both teams are always really good, never stopped the melt downs before. I figure that regular season victory might have pacified the natives for a while. We'll see how long that lasts.
                As I said.....the people who are "sane, rational" people, will not have an issue no matter who wins. There are a couple people on here who are not sane, rational people.
                2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

As I said.....the people who are "sane, rational" people, will not have an issue no matter who wins. There are a couple people on here who are not sane, rational people.
                  Probably DawgUp's burner account

Comment

Pretty audacious for you to be so certain of this game going in either outcome. That being said, IF, not when, but if GV loses, I will be very happy with the season. Only one loss, and we beat a top 5 mines team in the opener, beat all our rivals, and won a playoff game against our biggest post season rival.
                    Better go talk to you elder statesmen about that, from what I heard, nothing short of a Natty is acceptable. But your new, so I'll give you a break...

..or maybe not.

A couple guys threatened to kill me, plenty of f*ck yous and middle fingers happened, especially whenever Fairy state made a big play. The guys behind me kept putting sh*t in my hood, the worst of which was a bite of hotdog soaked in mustard...
                    How bout' you pony up and take some self defense classes in case you sit by some of the residents of the My Back Hurts nursing home from Big Rapids. Don't want you on here whining about how they gave you a thumbs down every time you cheered or asked for directions to the toilet. Lucky for you, you'll be sitting with the rest of the Allendale Taylor Swift fan club. And FYI, don't use words on this board like "audacious". Your GV brethren have trouble with any words over 7 letters.

Comment

Better go talk to you elder statesmen about that, from what I heard, nothing short of a Natty is acceptable. But your new, so I'll give you a break...

..or maybe not.

How bout' you pony up and take some self defense classes in case you sit by some of the residents of the My Back Hurts nursing home from Big Rapids. Don't want you on here whining about how they gave you a thumbs down every time you cheered or asked for directions to the toilet. Lucky for you, you'll be sitting with the rest of the Allendale Taylor Swift fan club. And FYI, don't use words on this board like "audacious". Your GV brethren have trouble with any words over 7 letters.
                      I don't need self defense classes, there was no danger. I sat in the Ferris student section the whole game, do you think if I was whining about it, when I could have just left? No, I enjoyed it. They were so many low lifes in that student section. They said they wanted me to die, wanted to bash my teeth in, break my legs, but it's all talk. None of them can back it up. I never talked sh!t to them either, just smiled and ignored them. Just the mere presence of Laker blue triggered them, so they lashed out. They couldn't handle someone cheering for the other team in their safe space. I was simply sharing a true story on this message board, because it was so funny how the Fairy students acted. A few friends from Ferris will be sitting with me in the student section on Saturday, and we will see how they get treated. I doubt anyone will take a bite of hot dog and spit it in their hood. I doubt anyone will tell them that they are going to kill them. But we will see.

Also, do you realize that hardly anyone uses this forum? Probably should just be more welcoming to "new" people. That's what the people running this forum want. Cuz right now, all of us who regularly post here seem to be comprised mostly of losers, with you being the biggest one. If you actually want this forum to get popular, just be less toxic.

Comment

Pretty tame rivalry. Show us the hate!

Comment

Your GV brethren have trouble with any words over 7 letters.
                          This is actually hilarious since half of the full time Big Rapids residents cant spell Ferris and have very close relationships with the good looking cousins.

Comment

Where's the sandbaggin? Wheres your reloadmvp, jimbo slice and visionpipe wackadoos? Is this a rivalry game of two of the best teams in the nation meeting in the playoffs thread, or is this a book club meeting?

Comment

Paging BConn

Comment

Also, do you realize that hardly anyone uses this forum? Probably should just be more welcoming to "new" people. That's what the people running this forum want. Cuz right now, all of us who regularly post here seem to be comprised mostly of losers, with you being the biggest one. If you actually want this forum to get popular, just be less toxic.
                                Clearly you have no history of this forum. Take a weekend and go through some of the old posts between Ferris and GV or GAC/MIAA to get yourself acclimated. If you think I'm here to welcome you and roast smores' over an open fire, you're more tender footed than I thought. I am glad to see that you referred to most of the posters on here as losers. There may be an inkling of hope for you yet.

A few friends from Ferris will be sitting with me in the student section on Saturday, and we will see how they get treated. I doubt anyone will take a bite of hot dog and spit it in their hood. I doubt anyone will tell them that they are going to kill them. But we will see.
                                Then your Taylor Swift fan club has utterly failed their assignment.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X