Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From a team standpoint, do you think this was the best chance at GV getting a NC over the last few years or were there better teams?

Comment

• Originally posted by GVLakerFan24 View Post
      I cannot understand why the offense stopped calling all the pass plays that finally got us moving the ball down the field in the second quarter. How many times do you need to run a jet sweep for -5 yards to realize it’s not working?
      I imagine the halftime speech going something like this:
      Mitchell: “Great job out there, guys! We dominated every facet of the game. Now, everything that worked for the offense in the first half? Scrap it. We’re doing jet sweeps for negative yardage until the fans’ eyes bleed. Now go out there and show them we have no idea wtf we’re doing!”

Comment

• Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
        From a team standpoint, do you think this was the best chance at GV getting a NC over the last few years or were there better teams?
        Gv hasn't had a legitimate chance to win the championship since Mitchell took over. But yes this would have been their best chance. After a couple of three loss seasons over the next few years we will once again go undefeated or Maybe one loss and will lose in the quarter finals or if we're lucky the semifinals. It's been our cycle for a decade and a half

Comment

• For what it's worth, I am thoroughly enjoying the agony you Allendalers are going through. I might even send an anonymous letter to your school president detailing how impressed I am of how hard the Lakers football teams play under Mitchell, and that he is the right man for the future of the program going forward.

Comment

• This was definitely the best team since the team that lost in the semis with Bart and Marty Carter. And it sure seemed like they were the better team for 3 and a half quarters today. Hard to believe that after dominating the whole game that the D couldn’t get off the field on one of those 4th down plays on Ferris’s tying td drive (and then giving up several huge plays to set up the fg). But tip you hat to Ferris. They made the big plays when they needed to. Meanwhile our offense had so many 3 and outs and stalled drives that killed us

Comment

• Tony Annese is good at football

Comment

Tony Annese is good at football
                He's a great coach no doubt.

Comment

For what it's worth, I am thoroughly enjoying the agony you Allendalers are going through. I might even send an anonymous letter to your school president detailing how impressed I am of how hard the Lakers football teams play under Mitchell, and that he is the right man for the future of the program going forward.
                  Send the letter. Maybe they'll listen to a classy guy like yourself. They're certainly not listening to results

Comment

• Originally posted by dvaara View Post

Anybody. There is no d2 program in the country with more advantages than GVSU. None. That's why we won four championships in five years with two different coaches and two different quarterbacks. Who else has done that? NDSU is the closest and they've dominated d1aa since they moved up.

If GVSU is serious about football they need to fire Mitchell within the next five minutes and bring in the coach from Davenport. They'd win the national championship next year if they did. But they won't. Instead they will underachieve until Mitchell retires
                    I agree with hiring Sparky McEwen fro Davenport. Maybe not a NC in the first year, but definitely within 3 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                      Is there really anything to discuss? We all know how it's going to play out at this point, right? Difference will be one score, and it'll be something on special teams or a turnover.
                      Oh, weird. Nailed it.

The punt inside your own 10 with Cade Peterson, which predictably ended up in a block, was the difference. Indefensible, really.

Not to mention the replay showed Mylik Mitchell fumble on his way in to the end zone. But oh well.
                      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Anyone one heard from Kle?
                        lol well considering I'm at the actual game, a little difficult.

And, again, I've never defended Mitchell on here lol. I've simply said Annese is one of the best coaches in D-II history, and is difficult to beat. Not sure why you want to keep tearing Annese down, though? It seems like that's what you're doing when you try and keep blaming Mitchell for losing to Annese.

GV failed again. Horrendous play calling, and clearly overmatched outside of the trenches. GV dominated at the line on both sides of the ball, and still lost. Predictable offensive play-calling, and continuously the same failings on defense, which is getting torched by any remotely mobile QB up the middle. It's like the team goes in to every halftime and doesn't anticipate their opponent ever making changes. GV dominated the first half, didn't capitalize on multiple possessions to go ahead multiple scores, and then sat in the locker room and didn't change anything. Ferris, as always happens, made the adjustments, and GV didn't. That's how these games always go.

Comment

Oh, weird. Nailed it.

The punt inside your own 10 with Cade Peterson, which predictably ended up in a block, was the difference. Indefensible, really.

Not to mention the replay showed Mylik Mitchell fumble on his way in to the end zone. But oh well.
                          I believe Matt Mitchell is the special teams coach. Another excellent outing for them. Blocked punt and bad kick off coverage.

Comment

Oh, weird. Nailed it.

I listened to the radio and the announcers said the same thing about the ball coming out before he crossed the line. I hadn't tuned in yet so I didn't realize it was the QB who's punt was blocked for ferris first TD. That adds to my disappointment in second half play calling. Not to mention sitting on the ball with the wind and a minute to go in the first half at mid field.

either way GV simply is not coached well enough to beat great teams. I've felt this was for a long time. The results of his entire tenure confirm this.

Kle you still think Mitchell is who should continue to lead gv football? Would they be better off with sparky?

Comment

lol well considering I'm at the actual game, a little difficult.

And, again, I've never defended Mitchell on here lol. I've simply said Annese is one of the best coaches in D-II history, and is difficult to beat. Not sure why you want to keep tearing Annese down, though? It seems like that's what you're doing when you try and keep blaming Mitchell for losing to Annese.

GV failed again. Horrendous play calling, and clearly overmatched outside of the trenches. GV dominated at the line on both sides of the ball, and still lost. Predictable offensive play-calling, and continuously the same failings on defense, which is getting torched by any remotely mobile QB up the middle. It's like the team goes in to every halftime and doesn't anticipate their opponent ever making changes. GV dominated the first half, didn't capitalize on multiple possessions to go ahead multiple scores, and then sat in the locker room and didn't change anything. Ferris, as always happens, made the adjustments, and GV didn't. That's how these games always go.
                              So you're finally admitting what a liability Mitchell is?

Comment

• Originally posted by dvaara View Post

So you're finally admitting what a liability Mitchell is?
                                I don't really have an opinion. He happens to be coaching at the same time as one of the best coaches in D-II history in the same conference. If Annese isn't the coach at Ferris, GV probably has multiple national titles during Mitchell's tenure. So what do you want to accomplish? Do you want to keep digging away the way they are, or do you want to start over with someone entirely new, hoping they are going to be better than one of the best football coaches in the last 30 years? What are you going to do if they find someone else and then GV struggles to be .500 going forward? Are you going to be upset then, or are you going to be happy because it isn't Mitchell going 12-1?

If you think Sparky McEwen is the answer, I don't know what to tell you. Again, Mitchell has a top-three winning percentage among active coaches in D-II with at least 8 years, and a top 10 winning percentage all-time in the history of D-II football. If you think you can find better, just because he loses to the coach with the best winning percentage in D-II football among active coaches and a top 3 winning percentage all-time in the history of D-II football, then I don't know.
                                Last edited by KleShreen; 12-03-2022, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X