Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GVLakerFan24 View Post

What happened on the field after the game today? I was so bummed GV lost I got out of the stadium as quickly as possible and didn’t watch Ferris’s celebration.
    All I saw after the game were a bunch of Ferris players standing along the line of GV players walking in to the locker room, and the Ferris players were all waving in the GV player's faces. But that was on the other end of the field from where this event took place, apparently.

I'm not gonna assume GV were acting like little angels, though. I'm guessing they were probably pretty upset at the end of the game, so I'm sure emotions got the best of both teams.
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Redwing View Post
      I'll never want TA to coach a team I follow. For a reason, watch and then keep an ear open as to what happened post game today. The team is a reflection of it's coach. And that's just today's melee . Most know some of the skeletons in TA's closets and that only adds to it.

As for MM, look at his record. Really, look at his total record. He's done so with restrictions on the players that GV will allow into the school. FWIW, BK and CM had none of these University imposed restrictions. Still, MM has assembled some darn good talented teams. In fact, I think he has at least or maybe even slightly more talent than FSU this season. So let's give TA his due. I agree that TA is special game coach. Add to that, TA has a blank sheet as to who he can sign and that's a pretty darn good combination. Still, I will neve want him to run a program that I support. Never.

Some of you old guard here continue to think the BK/CM era can be reproduced. It can't and won't be. The landscape of D2 has changed a ton. Still, BK is perceived to be one of the best in the country and more or less a one off in D2. Sure he did wonders at GV.. with exclusive talent and a pretty long learning curve. CM... FWIW, he's still at Miami. I'm not sure he's a better head coach than MM. Even then, the Natty's weren't blow out affairs. So chill a bit on MM.

I'm as pissed as any GV "supporter" but throwing MM to the curb isn't the solution. Frankly, it's not entirely analogous but think how Saggy felt back then when Saggy was at the top of their game. How far did they get?

I'm done for now. I've got to warm up a bit and clear some emotions. I did see a damn good season. I'm looking forward to a better one next year. Losses against only one team over 2 years is nothing to be ashamed of. Disappointing yes. My glass is over 1/2 full.. Looks like some of yours are near empty. Get em filled up a bit.
      My glass was half empty years ago. I'm part of the old guard and so are you. I don't expect the bk / cm era to be replicated. But I think we should at least be able to muster a championship or two within the last fifteen years with Mitchell. Arguably the best defensive player in the NFL is a grand valley grad but we didn't do shi# with him.

I don't know anything about gv restrictions. As far as svsu and how they felt, I'm sure they weren't happy losing to gv. I assume you're referring to their outstanding team of 2003. That's the best team I've ever seen gv play. They destroyed us at lubbers. They were #1 in the country and we beat them in the playoffs 7-3 in the worst weather that I've ever watched gv play in. It was at Saginaw and Mackey had a pick six to win the biggest upset in gv history. Gv went on to win the national championship with a freshman quarterback led by the greatest coach in d2 history

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

The only games that GV has been losing have been against Ferris lol. So who are you going to find better than Annese? Sparky is out here with the biggest transfer budget in the country and losing by 40+ to Annese. That's your answer?

I don't have anything against Chuck. I'm just reminding you of what the discussions were at the time. You seem to be having a bit of revisionist history with how GV fans talked about him following 06. I can still remember our own fans under the home press box yelling out our offensive plays as soon as the team lined up lol.

I just don't understand how anyone can be as upset as you and a few others are on here and calling for the head of the second-best D-II football program in the country. Just because it so happens that the best program happens to be our rival. You're living in the ancient past when the sport was entirely different lol. Nobody is winning 4 titles in 5 years anymore no matter what kind of program you have. GV is getting dominated by Ferris and even Ferris has only won one title in their decade of success lol. 4 out of 5 isn't happening anymore. That's not the landscape anymore. Alter your expectations. You are making the rest of us GV fans sound like the Michigan fans who talk about the 15 national titles Michigan won back in the 1900's when they were playing against school teachers and farmers.
        Kle to be fair I do remember people complaining about chuck. But that went away after his first championship. To be even more fair I was not a fan of chuck in 2004. I admit I was a bk snob and wanted chuck to be replaced after the ND loss. I was young and stupid.

I also remember being at ferris in the mid 1990s and three gv alum screaming at bk the whole game
        As far as the rest of your post I think you're just making excuses for Mitchell s failures

Also I'm not sure why you have to dis early 1900 teachers and farmers. They were tough cookies back then

Comment

• Originally posted by dvaara View Post

Kle to be fair I do remember people complaining about chuck. But that went away after his first championship. To be even more fair I was not a fan of chuck in 2004. I admit I was a bk snob and wanted chuck to be replaced after the ND loss. I was young and stupid.

I also remember being at ferris in the mid 1990s and three gv alum screaming at bk the whole game
          As far as the rest of your post I think you're just making excuses for Mitchell s failures

Also I'm not sure why you have to dis early 1900 teachers and farmers. They were tough cookies back then
          What excuses? Annese is the best coach in D-II football. Mitchell is the second-best coach in D-II football. That's just how it is. Not sure how that would be an excuse of anything. I guarantee every other school in Division II football would be thrilled to have Mitchell on their sideline if he was available, with the exception of one. I just think your expectations are entirely unreasonable. There's a reason that Georgia/Alabama is an intriguing SEC rivalry. Because they're both REALLY GOOD and play good games against each other and the games are competitive, and one of them is usually winning a national title most years. Yea, it would be great if GV could pull out more of these close games against Ferris, particularly in the playoffs. But it's not like they're blowout contests where GV isn't competitive. They're coming down to one or two plays. I don't know if things should be blown up because of close playoff losses to the best coach in the country. I don't have an answer for that. You seem willing to do so. That's fine. I don't know if I agree or not.

Comment

What excuses? Annese is the best coach in D-II football. Mitchell is the second-best coach in D-II football. That's just how it is. Not sure how that would be an excuse of anything. I guarantee every other school in Division II football would be thrilled to have Mitchell on their sideline if he was available, with the exception of one. I just think your expectations are entirely unreasonable. There's a reason that Georgia/Alabama is an intriguing SEC rivalry. Because they're both REALLY GOOD and play good games against each other and the games are competitive, and one of them is usually winning a national title most years. Yea, it would be great if GV could pull out more of these close games against Ferris, particularly in the playoffs. But it's not like they're blowout contests where GV isn't competitive. They're coming down to one or two plays. I don't know if things should be blown up because of close playoff losses to the best coach in the country. I don't have an answer for that. You seem willing to do so. That's fine. I don't know if I agree or not.
            GV had a great chance to win today. But I do have to wonder how much of a change it would have been if that Ferris TD was called a fumble. As it indeed was a fumble. Strong clearly shook it loose before he crossed the line. At the game, it looked like he crossed the line. I just watched the replay. Ref blew it... along with several others. But still, the Lakers had a great chance to pull this thing out. Arghhhh!.

Comment

• This is so much fun... : )

Comment

• Originally posted by Redwing View Post

GV had a great chance to win today. But I do have to wonder how much of a change it would have been if that Ferris TD was called a fumble. As it indeed was a fumble. Strong clearly shook it loose before he crossed the line. At the game, it looked like he crossed the line. I just watched the replay. Ref blew it... along with several others. But still, the Lakers had a great chance to pull this thing out. Arghhhh!.
                That, paired with the mind-numbing decision to try and have Cade be the punter on the first possession, which handed Ferris a free 7 points.

Very frustrating to look at the team stats at halftime, and then see GV only be up 14-7. Those stats pointed to a game where GV should have been up by 3 or 4 TD's.

Comment

That, paired with the mind-numbing decision to try and have Cade be the punter on the first possession, which handed Ferris a free 7 points.

Very frustrating to look at the team stats at halftime, and then see GV only be up 14-7. Those stats pointed to a game where GV should have been up by 3 or 4 TD's.
                  Sure thing. However, Cade has punted in the past. I'm guessing, but could it be that the staff felt a rugby style kick was a better choice with that wind and field position? Hell, I don't know.. It was frustrating and a bit of a headscratcher. I think GV out dumbed themselves with that call, though I could see the rational.

Comment

• Originally posted by dvaara View Post

I'm so tired of him. He will go down as the most underachieving coach in the history of sports
                    No, that title already belongs to Paul Winters.

Comment

• Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
                      This is so much fun... : )
                      ferris sure had fun in the visitors locker room....they had a food fight and left it like that...ferris sure had fun telling little kids in GV gear to tell their mommy to suck their ---- *****, ferris sure had fun starting the brawl as usual after the game, ferris should be proud having the worst ASR in the GLIAC and close to the bottom in all of D2, ferris on the field is a great team that beat GVSU yesterday...after the game...ferris being ferris...have a great run and win it all again and make the GLIAC proud on the field...try not to **** it up too much off the field ok?

Comment

• Well, dawgup was right. You guys do go full nutter after a loss.
                        Everyone wanted to run Jim Harbaugh out of town just because he was up against one of the greatest coaches of all time in Urban Meyer. Look what happened after Urban left. I defended Harbaugh all along, and he’s been vindicated. Same will happen after Annese retires. He has skeletons in his closet so he can’t move up. But he is getting old.
                        To absolutely nobody’s surprise, my Ferris friends were treated well by the GV crowd. There was trash talk, but no death threats and such. Shoutout to the Ferris fans that ran into the dorms after the game and trashed the place. Shoutout to whoever started the fight post game. Shoutout to the Ferris fan who got arrested postgame for bringing a gun. Ferris will pick up the Spartan players who were kicked off the team for the tunnel incident. They will fit in well at this school.
                        As for the fumble touchdown, you can’t expect the refs to make the call in real time. You only notice that he fumbled before the line with slow mo replay. Not the refs fault, just need to use video replay when it’s available.

Comment

• Originally posted by yote_7 View Post
                          Well, dawgup was right. You guys do go full nutter after a loss.
                          Everyone wanted to run Jim Harbaugh out of town just because he was up against one of the greatest coaches of all time in Urban Meyer. Look what happened after Urban left. I defended Harbaugh all along, and he’s been vindicated. Same will happen after Annese retires. He has skeletons in his closet so he can’t move up. But he is getting old.
                          To absolutely nobody’s surprise, my Ferris friends were treated well by the GV crowd. There was trash talk, but no death threats and such. Shoutout to the Ferris fans that ran into the dorms after the game and trashed the place. Shoutout to whoever started the fight post game. Shoutout to the Ferris fan who got arrested postgame for bringing a gun. Ferris will pick up the Spartan players who were kicked off the team for the tunnel incident. They will fit in well at this school.
                          As for the fumble touchdown, you can’t expect the refs to make the call in real time. You only notice that he fumbled before the line with slow mo replay. Not the refs fault, just need to use video replay when it’s available.
                          And GV is a bunch of choir kids…come on.. last years playoff game your team was running by Ferris side …flipping off everyone and yelling @&$& off… come on it’s a rivalry … you will have crazy stuff happen. But don’t act like GV is the Sunday church going bunch…just stop. You lost at home, you should have had 28 points at half. You run that slow jet sweep over and over.. instead of running up the middle. You had 1 minute left in game to get 40 yards for a field goal and you messed that up. Look in mirror first.. one team knows how to finish and one doesn’t ..it’s that easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by FSUBulldog27 View Post

And GV is a bunch of choir kids…come on.. last years playoff game your team was running by Ferris side …flipping off everyone and yelling @&$& off… come on it’s a rivalry … you will have crazy stuff happen. But don’t act like GV is the Sunday church going bunch…just stop. You lost at home, you should have had 28 points at half. You run that slow jet sweep over and over.. instead of running up the middle. You had 1 minute left in game to get 40 yards for a field goal and you messed that up. Look in mirror first.. one team knows how to finish and one doesn’t ..it’s that easy.
                            Are you really equating players yelling to actual physical confrontation, vandalism, and brandishing weapons?

Comment

• I still just can’t believe the gv defense couldn’t get off the field on one of those 4th downs or 3rd and longs on that tying drive. Or that the offense, when given the ball with a tie score and a chance to drive the field and win the game, couldn’t even come close to putting together a decent drive. Ferris made the plays when it counted the most— again. Damn.

Comment

• Originally posted by yote_7 View Post
                                Well, dawgup was right. You guys do go full nutter after a loss.
                                Told ya. Happens every year. It'll happen again next year too.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X