Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Redwing View Post

GV had a great chance to win today. But I do have to wonder how much of a change it would have been if that Ferris TD was called a fumble. As it indeed was a fumble. Strong clearly shook it loose before he crossed the line. At the game, it looked like he crossed the line. I just watched the replay. Ref blew it... along with several others. But still, the Lakers had a great chance to pull this thing out. Arghhhh!.
    D2 NEEDS replay, at the very least in the playoffs. The Miaa had replay/challenges this year, and it was used often. Some calls confirmed and some were changed. It wasn't great because of very limited camera angles, but I think it was successful and impactful limited as it was.

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Are you really equating players yelling to actual physical confrontation, vandalism, and brandishing weapons?
      Yes he is. And anyone who doesn't do physical violence, vandalism, and weapons is now a choir boy. He said so.
      He also equated those things to running a slow jet sweep over and over again. Which is worse really? Running too many jet sweeps, or trashing Johnson dorms because you don't like the school?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
        I just checked weather for Allendale, MI. Windy gusts of 28mph.
        COLD. High of 33 low of 28. Good god, how would you like to make an open field tackle.?!

you use your form and wrap up the ball carrier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenman View Post

D2 NEEDS replay, at the very least in the playoffs. The Miaa had replay/challenges this year, and it was used often. Some calls confirmed and some were changed. It wasn't great because of very limited camera angles, but I think it was successful and impactful limited as it was.
          agreed. Needs to be fairly standard for the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by GVLakerFan24 View Post

What happened on the field after the game today? I was so bummed GV lost I got out of the stadium as quickly as possible and didn’t watch Ferris’s celebration.
            Mostly I just saw Ferris players running up to the GVSU student section right at the end of the game to give the crowd there the double bird or Anchors Down instead of going to their fans to celebrate.

Comment

That, paired with the mind-numbing decision to try and have Cade be the punter on the first possession, which handed Ferris a free 7 points.

Very frustrating to look at the team stats at halftime, and then see GV only be up 14-7. Those stats pointed to a game where GV should have been up by 3 or 4 TD's.
              Agreed, another GVSU touchdown in the first half and we would have been better with burning off the clock more in the second half. That, and I've been more of a proponent of GVSU doing some more uptempo stuff during the season, just to switch it up and land some knockdown blows instead of just jabbing away at teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post

Mostly I just saw Ferris players running up to the GVSU student section right at the end of the game to give the crowd there the double bird or Anchors Down instead of going to their fans to celebrate.
                Nice to see GV refused to shake hands at the end of the game. Classless as always!!!!

Comment

• What happened at the dorms? We saw multiple sheriff cars headed that way when leaving campus.

Comment

• Originally posted by tip79 View Post
                    What happened at the dorms? We saw multiple sheriff cars headed that way when leaving campus.
                    Ferris fans came in and tipped over trash cans. Lit up cigarettes inside and ran around screaming and tearing papers off the walls. There are cameras so they will get caught.

Comment

Are you really equating players yelling to actual physical confrontation, vandalism, and brandishing weapons?
                      Brandishing a weapon… was there a police report? Surely there would be some arrests. Allendale 50 must have been writing citations.

Comment

• Originally posted by yote_7 View Post

Ferris fans came in and tipped over trash cans. Lit up cigarettes inside and ran around screaming and tearing papers off the walls. There are cameras so they will get caught.
                        Wtf, what a bunch a*holes. However, I am not at all surprised that FSU students would do something like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by tip79 View Post

Wtf, what a bunch a*holes. However, I am not at all surprised that FSU students would do something like that.
                          Shut up you choir boy. If you don't want them to trash the dorm, then GV should have ran it up the middle more

Comment

• Funny, I was watching the replay and at the end of the game, the announcers talked about a scuffle on the field. They said it was provoked by a fan of the "home side" against a Bulldog player. Of course no way that can be true because Allendalers would never do such a thing. Because that would be considered a physical confrontation, and they don't do that.
                            Last edited by DawgUp; 12-04-2022, 09:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post

Don't dish it out if you can't take it coming back. Those dweebs are flipping birds and talking $h!+ the whole game every time we play up there. They need a little medicine. I'm sure after the game the whole university met up for arts and crafts for their Saturday evening entertainment.

Comment

• Originally posted by DawgUp View Post

Don't dish it out if you can't take it coming back. Those dweebs are flipping birds and talking $h!+ the whole game every time we play up there. They need a little medicine. I'm sure after the game the whole university met up for arts and crafts for their Saturday evening entertainment.
                                Y'all are soft as **** if you immediately resort to violence and felonies when getting trash talked

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X