Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaching Change at Tech

Surprising to me, they had a good season last year, and although a little down this year they are never going to complete constantly with GV, FS and SV. Will be interesting to see how much/if at all this changes the way things are ran at Tech.
    Associate Head Coach and Offensive Coordinator Dan Mettlach has been named the new Head Coach of the Huskies, effective immediately.

Originally posted by Gliac_fan10 View Post
    Surprising to me, they had a good season last year, and although a little down this year they are never going to complete constantly with GV, FS and SV. Will be interesting to see how much/if at all this changes the way things are ran at Tech.
    By contrast, Wayne State has lost 18 football games in the last 2 years and only won 3 games over that time and there's no sign the HC will be fired. Go figure. I guess Michigan Tech cares more about their football program than Wayne State cares about theirs.

Comment

With Upper Iowa moving to the GLVC and with the general turmoil of GLIAC football the past few years, does Tech move back to the Northern Sun? How would they generally stack up against those teams?

Comment

Originally posted by mtsax305 View Post

With Upper Iowa moving to the GLVC and with the general turmoil of GLIAC football the past few years, does Tech move back to the Northern Sun? How would they generally stack up against those teams?
        As far as stacking up I don't think they could complete with Mankato, Duluth and Bemidji (and maybe SF and Auggie) year in and year out. But it think there is a chance they would be able to recruit better in Minn and Wisc with the move, and probably compete in the middle of the pack with Winona, Northern State and Wayne (and again maybe SF and Auggie).

Comment

Looks like more of a Coup d'etat to me. Fire and hire all in one day with the job never posted at a public university? Interesting at worst.

Comment

Originally posted by WayneStatesman View Post

By contrast, Wayne State has lost 18 football games in the last 2 years and only won 3 games over that time and there's no sign the HC will be fired. Go figure. I guess Michigan Tech cares more about their football program than Wayne State cares about theirs.
            Well, if Olson is on the market, I wonder if Wayne State would take a run at him. if I had to guess, the AD wouldn't want to fire a coach without having someone else lined up to plug in.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
              Looks like more of a Coup d'etat to me. Fire and hire all in one day with the job never posted at a public university? Interesting at worst.
              I was thinking along the same lines when I saw the announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                Well, if Olson is on the market, I wonder if Wayne State would take a run at him. if I had to guess, the AD wouldn't want to fire a coach without having someone else lined up to plug in.
                At least he would be a different voice in the room, but I'm not entirely impressed with his record. If a change is going to happen, my bet is it'll be after the playoffs are done.

Comment

As far as stacking up I don't think they could complete with Mankato, Duluth and Bemidji (and maybe SF and Auggie) year in and year out. But it think there is a chance they would be able to recruit better in Minn and Wisc with the move, and probably compete in the middle of the pack with Winona, Northern State and Wayne (and again maybe SF and Auggie).
                  Tech would be a perennial top three team in the nsic

Comment

Originally posted by mtsax305 View Post

At least he would be a different voice in the room, but I'm not entirely impressed with his record. If a change is going to happen, my bet is it'll be after the playoffs are done.
                    Could be he finds recruiting easier at Wayne vs Michigan Tech. Not a whole lot to do in Houghton compared to Detroit. Plus academics might be a bit easier there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post

Could be he finds recruiting easier at Wayne vs Michigan Tech. Not a whole lot to do in Houghton compared to Detroit. Plus academics might be a bit easier there as well.
                      Recruiting SHOULD be easier at Wayne State but the current HC and staff have done a p...s poor job of recruiting in recent years.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X