Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

GV is facing the same teams they beat last year by 3 points and 1 point, with a new head coach, one of those games being his first game as a college head coach. I'll try and suspend all logic going forward for you.
    I'm usually with you on a lot of things Kle but I would not by any means consider Mines a favorite vs GV. If I recall correctly Mines had 33 seniors last year, obviously not all contributed but gone are: RB, top WR, 3 starting OL, 5 of 6 DL in 2 deep, 2 starting LB, 2 of 4 starting DB and possibly Harlon Hill winning QB. Mines will still be good I'm sure but even with the changes at GV I would probably consider GV at least 10-14 point favorite in that game.
    Last edited by Gliac_fan10; 02-03-2023, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Playing a good team early can be tougher than playing them late. The first game of a season is often sloppy and comes down to who can out-athlete who.

GV should be the favorite over anyone but Ferris in week 1.

Comment

Scheduling one of the top 5 teams in the country when you are already going to have the #1 SOS in the nation by a mile is not a great idea, especially when you have two likely losses on your schedule already and your region is not likely going to allow a 3-loss team in.

Assumption is not a team of concern. But they're still a playoff team. On a national level, they're not a competitive team. But they're still going to be better than most and match up physically better than most D2 teams. GV has already challenged themselves extensively with their schedule this fall. I don't see a reason to include a top 5 team in the nation on top of the already toughest schedule in the country.

If GV were out here playing Lock Haven, Simon Fraser, and Lincoln, then sure. Bring me NW Missouri.
        You'd make a great DB, backpedaling like a champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

You'd make a great DB, backpedaling like a champ.
          Maybe GV should just go Independent and schedule the top 12 teams in the preseason top 25 poll every year. Would that make you happy?
          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Fans of the 2 teams have posted at least 50 times per fan base that their team will schedule anyone/ anytime.

Liars or not?
            Just curious but how do you know that GVSU did not contact NW or the other way around...people here seem to have dropped intel that is not even close to being correct...LOL...and yea it would be a fun game to watch for sure...they always are. How many teams is Pitt playing this year that were in the playoffs or ranked at the end of the season. And yes feel free to use that whole silo schedule excuse once again.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post

Just curious but how do you know that GVSU did not contact NW or the other way around...people here seem to have dropped intel that is not even close to being correct...LOL...and yea it would be a fun game to watch for sure...they always are. How many teams is Pitt playing this year that were in the playoffs or ranked at the end of the season. And yes feel free to use that whole silo schedule excuse once again.
              Maybe you could try reading my post before you get all bent out of shape? That or maybe I should just male blank posts, since you seem to respond to imaginary text anyway.

There were no assumptions or value judgements in my post. It was just a funny comment on people who act like you are acting here.

Thanks for helping me illustrate that behavior.
              Last edited by Predatory Primates; 02-03-2023, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Maybe GV should just go Independent and schedule the top 12 teams in the preseason top 25 poll every year. Would that make you happy?
                You bashing other programs for weeks and now trying to say that your SOS is the hardest in the country largely in part because of playing 3 of these same teams is just pure comedy. If you can't see the complete and utterly hilarious contradiction in that then I'm not sure what to tell you. I appreciate the good laugh you provided to all those reading your nonsense.

Comment

You bashing other programs for weeks and now trying to say that your SOS is the hardest in the country largely in part because of playing 3 of these same teams is just pure comedy. If you can't see the complete and utterly hilarious contradiction in that then I'm not sure what to tell you. I appreciate the good laugh you provided to all those reading your nonsense.
                  I'm not sure what's so difficult to understand about different levels of competitiveness. SR1 stinks nationally. Within SR1, there's some teams better than others. 90% of SR4 stinks nationally (you conveniently left out the part where I said in the past few weeks that there's limited teams in both SR2 and SR4 which are competitive on a national level). Yet there's teams better than others.

I'm not sure how else to explain it to you. Let's try this. Nobody in a G5 conference is ever going to win a national championship going forward. But it is easier to play against Akron than it is to play against Troy. Troy may even beat some teams that compete for national titles. They're still not going to win a national championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Gliac_fan10 View Post

I'm usually with you on a lot of things Kle but I would not by any means consider Mines a favorite vs GV. If I recall correctly Mines had 33 seniors last year, obviously not all contributed but gone are: RB, top WR, 3 starting OL, 5 of 6 DL in 2 deep, 2 starting LB, 2 of 4 starting DB and possibly Harlon Hill winning QB. Mines will still be good I'm sure but even with the changes at GV I would probably consider GV at least 10-14 point favorite in that game.
                    Perhaps! I'm just trying to be logical about it, and that's just saying that it's a game GV won by 3 points last year, and now has a new head coach, which is, most likely, going to result in some growing pains for at least the first couple weeks of the season. I'm also interested in seeing what happens to the left tackle position when GV loses the best offensive lineman in the country. Maybe it turns out that Mitchell was holding the team back and they come out like gangbusters. Who knows. The odds aren't likely on that, but it could happen. I'd just rather go in to the season with tempered expectations and be surprised, rather than being one of those people on this board who is always angry that GV isn't going 14-0 every season.

Comment

I'm not sure what's so difficult to understand about different levels of competitiveness. SR1 stinks nationally. Within SR1, there's some teams better than others. 90% of SR4 stinks nationally (you conveniently left out the part where I said in the past few weeks that there's limited teams in both SR2 and SR4 which are competitive on a national level). Yet there's teams better than others.

I'm not sure how else to explain it to you. Let's try this. Nobody in a G5 conference is ever going to win a national championship going forward. But it is easier to play against Akron than it is to play against Troy. Troy may even beat some teams that compete for national titles. They're still not going to win a national championship.
                      Oh sorry, I must've stopped after your 57th post about how great SR3 is I missed where you backpedaled again to say only 90% of SR4 is terrible. There's literally nothing for you to explain, you have suddenly decided GV has the hardest schedule now that it fits your narrative but a mere few weeks ago the 3 teams you're using to justify that narrative were trash. It gave people a chuckle and for that we thank you.

Always fun to chat, enjoy the weekend!

Comment

Oh sorry, I must've stopped after your 57th post about how great SR3 is I missed where you backpedaled again to say only 90% of SR4 is terrible. There's literally nothing for you to explain, you have suddenly decided GV has the hardest schedule now that it fits your narrative but a mere few weeks ago the 3 teams you're using to justify that narrative were trash. It gave people a chuckle and for that we thank you.

Always fun to chat, enjoy the weekend!
                        ??? This is very strange lol. I'm not "deciding" GV has the hardest schedule. It's literally spelled out in the numbers. They just finished this past regular season with a top 3 toughest SOS in D-II, and they're replacing Lincoln with a playoff team in Assumption, and replacing American International with a .500ish team in Kentucky State. If both of those schools are anywhere close to what they were this past fall, GV is going to run away with the toughest schedule crown this season lol. This is not an opinion. It's a fact right there on paper lol.

Additionally, I said right from like day two of the discussion that the teams taking up most spots in the playoffs should be the GLIAC, MIAA, the upper half of the GSC, and a few schools from the top of SR4. I even referenced your Pueblo team winning the title as being a legitimate reason to take them seriously lol.
                        Last edited by KleShreen; 02-03-2023, 02:22 PM.

Comment

??? This is very strange lol. I'm not "deciding" GV has the hardest schedule. It's literally spelled out in the numbers. They just finished this past regular season with a top 3 toughest SOS in D-II, and they're replacing Lincoln with a playoff team in Assumption, and replacing American International with a .500ish team in Kentucky State. If both of those schools are anywhere close to what they were this past fall, GV is going to run away with the toughest schedule crown this season lol. This is not an opinion. It's a fact right there on paper lol.

Additionally, I said right from like day two of the discussion that the teams taking up most spots in the playoffs should be the GLIAC, MIAA, the upper half of the GSC, and a few schools from the top of SR4. I even referenced your Pueblo team winning the title as being a legitimate reason to take them seriously lol.
                          Majority of the people in the world can't understand nuance. It's easier to just call you a hypocrite and not comprehend your words.

Comment

Perhaps! I'm just trying to be logical about it, and that's just saying that it's a game GV won by 3 points last year, and now has a new head coach, which is, most likely, going to result in some growing pains for at least the first couple weeks of the season. I'm also interested in seeing what happens to the left tackle position when GV loses the best offensive lineman in the country. Maybe it turns out that Mitchell was holding the team back and they come out like gangbusters. Who knows. The odds aren't likely on that, but it could happen. I'd just rather go in to the season with tempered expectations and be surprised, rather than being one of those people on this board who is always angry that GV isn't going 14-0 every season.
                            CSM lost over 20 seniors. They also return Matocha. They likely won't be as strong as they were last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

CSM lost over 20 seniors. They also return Matocha. They likely won't be as strong as they were last year.
                              Every team is losing a number of contributing players. GV is losing at least 12 seniors, 8 of which saw significant time, while also replacing their head coach. In my opinion, replacing your head coach has more of an impact that any number of graduating seniors has, as long as one of those graduating isn't your quarterback. As I said before, who knows if in this case replacing the head coach improves the program. Nobody knows if that will be the case. But historically, that's usually not how it goes in the first year.

Comment

Every team is losing a number of contributing players. GV is losing at least 12 seniors, 8 of which saw significant time, while also replacing their head coach. In my opinion, replacing your head coach has more of an impact that any number of graduating seniors has, as long as one of those graduating isn't your quarterback. As I said before, who knows if in this case replacing the head coach improves the program. Nobody knows if that will be the case. But historically, that's usually not how it goes in the first year.
                                CSM 2022 would be the counter to your argument. New coach, same core coaching staff, even better results.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X