Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

CSM 2022 would be the counter to your argument. New coach, same core coaching staff, even better results.
    They essentially duplicated their 2021 results. Just got a tougher matchup in the semifinals in 2021 than in 2022. That would be nice if GV could do the same, but again, historically, that's not the norm.
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

GV is loaded. It's not a gut and rebuild job. They may take a game or 2, to get all the pieces in the right places, but I would definitely expect them to get a playoff spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
        GV is loaded. It's not a gut and rebuild job. They may take a game or 2, to get all the pieces in the right places, but I would definitely expect them to get a playoff spot.
        I think most also see that. But an issue is "it's likely" that GV will have 2 losses? FWIW MM went 10-1 in his first season at GV as HC. That was with a transfer QB with an opener vs a top ten WT A&M. For me, sure it's possible, but "likely?", I'm not there. True I lean blue, but on paper I don't see CSM being better than GV with the talent CSM is losing.. more so if the QB changes his mind and leaves. And FSU is no lock to win at Lubbers in 2023. So I'm looking to see where the 2 LIKELY losses are.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

I think most also see that. But an issue is "it's likely" that GV will have 2 losses? FWIW MM went 10-1 in his first season at GV as HC. That was with a transfer QB with an opener vs a top ten WT A&M. For me, sure it's possible, but "likely?", I'm not there. True I lean blue, but on paper I don't see CSM being better than GV with the talent CSM is losing.. more so if the QB changes his mind and leaves. And FSU is no lock to win at Lubbers in 2023. So I'm looking to see where the 2 LIKELY losses are.

Mines was a coin toss game last year, sort of.

While that game was closer than GV fans liked, GV controlled it in that they made it the type of game GV was built to win. Mines was a little out of their comfort zone in that kind of contest while GV was in their happy place.

Just my opinion, and no offense meant to mines, but GV wins against them 10 times out of 10 if they can turn it into a rock fight like that.

idk where the losses would come from, but conference foes would probably have the best chance in a normal year. With a new coach it will likely depend on what he changes, and if h e is a "find people to fit my system" guy, or a "figure out a the best way to use what I have" guy.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Perhaps! I'm just trying to be logical about it, and that's just saying that it's a game GV won by 3 points last year, and now has a new head coach, which is, most likely, going to result in some growing pains for at least the first couple weeks of the season. I'm also interested in seeing what happens to the left tackle position when GV loses the best offensive lineman in the country. Maybe it turns out that Mitchell was holding the team back and they come out like gangbusters. Who knows. The odds aren't likely on that, but it could happen. I'd just rather go in to the season with tempered expectations and be surprised, rather than being one of those people on this board who is always angry that GV isn't going 14-0 every season.
            Should be going 15-0!!!1! derr! derr! ;-)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X