Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Scheduling

With Upper Iowa leaving the NSIC for the GLVC that leaves the NSIC with 13 football playing schools. I'm curious what some GLIAC posters would thing of having NSIC vs. GLIAC games scheduled in the back half of the season. With both teams having an odd number of football teams it seems that this could be a good solution for both conferences. Travel would be at least somewhat reasonable for the most part. Also as a part of this I'm curious if there have been any discussions on adding an 8th GLIAC football member to help with scheduling. There have been many discussions on the NSIC board about trying to add another member, but honestly there aren't that many good options. If the two conferences could work out the scheduling that would reduce the need to add members at least for football's sake.

The MIAA will give you Lincoln.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
      With Upper Iowa leaving the NSIC for the GLVC that leaves the NSIC with 13 football playing schools. I'm curious what some GLIAC posters would thing of having NSIC vs. GLIAC games scheduled in the back half of the season. With both teams having an odd number of football teams it seems that this could be a good solution for both conferences. Travel would be at least somewhat reasonable for the most part. Also as a part of this I'm curious if there have been any discussions on adding an 8th GLIAC football member to help with scheduling. There have been many discussions on the NSIC board about trying to add another member, but honestly there aren't that many good options. If the two conferences could work out the scheduling that would reduce the need to add members at least for football's sake.
      13 schools is still enough to do silo scheduling, which the NSIC has already been doing. There's no reason for them to seek out non-conference games. There's no open dates.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

I would be willing to wager that much/most of the GLIAC would be thrilled to create some sort of alliance with the NSIC. Other conferences haven't seemed particularly interested despite the GLIAC working toward something like that, so I'm not sure why the NSIC would be any different?

Adding members sounds neat, but is equally as difficult as finding alliances it would appear. Another member is on the way in 2024, so it's at least one step forward.

And, per Kle's post, it's not like the NSIC doesn't have enough clubs to stay insular. Not sure why they would even feel compelled to try and go outside of their own membership for games at this point...

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

13 schools is still enough to do silo scheduling, which the NSIC has already been doing. There's no reason for them to seek out non-conference games. There's no open dates.
          With 13 schools the NSIC can't do an 11 game schedule. The conference would have to switch to a 10 game conference schedule which leaves one less game for everyone. If the GLIAC is adding an 8th school in the near term they are probably less likely to create the type of scheduling alliance that would allow one team per week in the last half of the season to play OOC. Scheduling an OOC game at the end of the season will be extremely difficult for whichever NSIC team has their conference bye at that time.

Comment

With an odd number of teams, it's impossible to have no open dates.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

With an odd number of teams, it's impossible to have no open dates.
              Math is hard

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post

With 13 schools the NSIC can't do an 11 game schedule. The conference would have to switch to a 10 game conference schedule which leaves one less game for everyone. If the GLIAC is adding an 8th school in the near term they are probably less likely to create the type of scheduling alliance that would allow one team per week in the last half of the season to play OOC. Scheduling an OOC game at the end of the season will be extremely difficult for whichever NSIC team has their conference bye at that time.
                My bad, you're right. They could also just do 10 games with everyone getting a bye week. Not sure if the NSIC schools would want to do that, though.
                2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

My bad, you're right. They could also just do 10 games with everyone getting a bye week. Not sure if the NSIC schools would want to do that, though.
                  I think you're on the right path.

Comment

which could allow several of the NSIC teams with open dates for non-conference games if schools opt to schedule a non-conference game.

Comment

I see Saignaw has an open date in week 7 same as Mankato....Let's link the AD's up

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
                        I see Saignaw has an open date in week 7 same as Mankato....Let's link the AD's up
                        That would be a great matchup

Comment

GLIAC getting a 8th team out of Chicago in 24

Comment

Will 9-0 get you into the playoffs?

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
                              Will 9-0 get you into the playoffs?
                              IF they are ALL D2 teams in your region, yes

Comment

Ad3

Collapse