Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GV Retired Bum View Post

Couple of interesting points here..

1 - I think you're spot on regarding the location issues. Since GV doesn't have the private jet, there's no way they can have all of their teams drive that much. I think the experience would be fine for the athletes since they're used to it, but would take a toll after awhile.

2 - I've heard some people skipping D1 scholarship offers for some non football sports before, my wife had one from CMU and ended up playing at GV instead. But, I can promise you.. if a kid had a big ten or ACC scholarship offer, he did not pass it up to play at GV. A lot of guys unfortunately lie about offers.

3 - You make a good point about playing against the local schools. Had a ton of guys play against old highschool teammates and it made the game that much more competitive. I still think if GV made the move the chance to play against the top FCS schools would get the guys juiced up.
    Regarding point 3, I suppose its entirely possible that GV doesn't really care about that. Generally, GV is more of a regional recruiting school when it comes to football than a local Michigan recruiter. GV is kind of an outlier in the GLIAC in terms of number of players from Michigan. Obviously the majority of players are from Michigan, but compared to the rest of the GLIAC, GV has many more from Ohio/Indiana/Illinois. Maybe going to the MVC would just result in continuing that trend even further, and becoming more national.
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Regarding point 3, I suppose its entirely possible that GV doesn't really care about that. Generally, GV is more of a regional recruiting school when it comes to football than a local Michigan recruiter. GV is kind of an outlier in the GLIAC in terms of number of players from Michigan. Obviously the majority of players are from Michigan, but compared to the rest of the GLIAC, GV has many more from Ohio/Indiana/Illinois. Maybe going to the MVC would just result in continuing that trend even further, and becoming more national.
      Yeah, the footprint grows quite a bit when you start getting out into the Dakotas, Iowa, Missouri, and Kentucky. Families of players in those states can then actually see their kids play close to home at certain points in their respective seasons.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X