Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

It's just another person who thinks football is the only sport, and thinks that winning 4 national championships in 5 years should be a regular occurrence. Spoiled.
    What sport has she added value to? Would love to hear this explanation.

Comment

• Originally posted by GV Retired Bum View Post

The mens bball hire is a joke, Womens soccer hire quit after a year (which is embarrassing for a national powerhouse). Not to mention having zero spine with the tailgating to stand up to GV PD. Then again we were spoiled with the last.
      How is the men's bball hire a joke? He's halfway through his first season and just beat the best team in the conference yesterday lol. Women's soccer hire won a national championship lol and then got pressured by his kids to move home. No idea what this tailgating thing is about lol what's the issue?

Not gonna lie, it kinda sounds like maybe you're just mad that the AD is a woman. Not saying that's true, but just saying that's kinda what it sounds like.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

How is the men's bball hire a joke? He's halfway through his first season and just beat the best team in the conference yesterday lol. Women's soccer hire won a national championship lol and then got pressured by his kids to move home. Not gonna lie, it kinda sounds like maybe you're just mad that the AD is a woman. Not saying that's true, but just saying that's kinda what it sounds like.
        Typical liberal wack to insinuate that I am upset over the gender of the AD without making a single statement that hints towards that. Nice work.

Last edited by GV Retired Bum; 01-20-2023, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Typical liberal wack to insinuate that I am upset over the gender of the AD without making a single statement that hints towards that. Nice work.

??? lol what? The things you have brought up thus far literally make no sense. You brought up a basketball hire that is halfway through one season. You brought up a soccer hire that won a national championship. There's no reason to be upset about either thing. But yet here you are. So what is the issue? What has she "f'd up" in winning a national championship and having a new basketball coach taking over a mediocre basketball team lol. Are you upset that GV is winning too many Director's Cups or something? I don't get it lol.

Comment

• Since starting the season 3-6, the basketball team has gone 7-2 with a win over NMU. Considering the basketball team has been slightly above average since the aughts, I'm not concerned yet. Hopefully the last 9 games are a sign of a program turnaround in the works. Time will tell in the next couple seasons.

Mens basketball likely won't be a contending sport until we start getting serious about it. That means starting with an arena that will draw the attention of recruits, especially if we have plans for D1. As it stands now, we have an oversized high school gym with wood bleachers.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post
              Since starting the season 3-6, the basketball team has gone 7-2 with a win over NMU. Considering the basketball team has been slightly above average since the aughts, I'm not concerned yet. Hopefully the last 9 games are a sign of a program turnaround in the works. Time will tell in the next couple seasons.

Mens basketball likely won't be a contending sport until we start getting serious about it. That means starting with an arena that will draw the attention of recruits, especially if we have plans for D1. As it stands now, we have an oversized high school gym with wood bleachers.
              Yea, seems strange to call a basketball hire "trash" for being mediocre in his first half-season when the men's basketball team has been mediocre for 15 years.

Comment

Since starting the season 3-6, the basketball team has gone 7-2 with a win over NMU. Considering the basketball team has been slightly above average since the aughts, I'm not concerned yet. Hopefully the last 9 games are a sign of a program turnaround in the works. Time will tell in the next couple seasons.

Please send your donations to GVSU Athletics, 1 Campus Drive, Allendale, MI 49401. 10-12 Million should do it. Please put " New Arena" in the memo line. Thank you for supporting GVSU.

Comment

KB will find a way to F this up like everything else.
                  You never know. Nobody is perfect, so let's see what drops and when.

Comment

Your head coach leaving in mid-January, two weeks before signing day, is going to demolish any football program. Regardless of who the AD is or who they hire.
                    Pretty pessimistic. It's not the best time, but is there ever? May lose a couple if action isn't swift, but demolish is harsh.

Comment

• Originally posted by champgymusa View Post

Please send your donations to GVSU Athletics, 1 Campus Drive, Allendale, MI 49401. 10-12 Million should do it. Please put " New Arena" in the memo line. Thank you for supporting GVSU.
                      If they had an arena update as a project on the donor page, I'd gladly donate to it. As it stands now, there hasn't been a facility on the priority page since the new health building downtown.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Pretty pessimistic. It's not the best time, but is there ever? May lose a couple if action isn't swift, but demolish is harsh.
                        There's always better ways to do it than taking a job two weeks before signing day that nobody knew you were going to be offered. Even the day after the season is done is a decent time, because at least it gives time to find a new coach and put a class together.

"Demolish" is only because we're talking about the #2 team in the country. It's hard to keep that level with a new coach, no matter who the school is or who the new coach is. There's very rarely any schools at any level of college football who replace their successful head coach with someone new and get better immediately. They frequently take a hit in the immediate future, no matter what. When you're bumping up against the ceiling and lose your coach, odds are you're not getting better immediately after that. My "demolish" statement is purely because, given the tone of that e-mail that was posted, it sure seems like they're strongly considering external, which means there's likely to be a mass exodus of players and assistant coaches with it, no matter who the hire is. Which is fine with me. Is it fine with everyone else who has been complaining for a decade now that being a top 5 team in the country isn't good enough? Sometimes it seems impossible to please the people who frequent this board, because they both aren't satisfied with being a top 5 team in the country and also not satisfied with the coach who has them as a top 5 team in the country. Unless GV is winning every national championship every single year, there's a swath of people around here who are going to complain.

Comment

• Originally posted by champgymusa View Post

You can stroke that check right? ;)

Comment

• Here's what I would do if I was King of GV for a bit. I would go internal with this hire, and do my best to keep the current team and recruiting class together, because there's legitimate national championship talent to work with right now, and probably for the next few years. So hire internal, with the expectation being that GV is at least getting out of the region. If GV is able to do that with the new coach over the next couple years, then great. Keep the coach on going forward, or even for a potential D1 transition if it happens. But make the contract length one which matches up with the final season of D2 competition if D1 is actually in the near future.

If new internal hire coach is not able to get out of the region by the time a D1 transition is announced, let them go, and go the external route, since you can't compete for a title for the first three years of D1 competition, anyway. Blow it all up at that point and re-tool everything during that transition.

Comment

If they had an arena update as a project on the donor page, I'd gladly donate to it. As it stands now, there hasn't been a facility on the priority page since the new health building downtown.
                              Wrestling wasnt on the page either but someone throws in 3 Million and boom we are on...by the way GVSU still has to pony up 7 million on that deal but...so be a leader and throw in say 5 Million to the new Basket ball arena and lets get this part started...

Comment

You can stroke that check right? ;)
                                I bought a football building room and locker...I am broke man...might need to sell plasma.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X