Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by champgymusa View Post

You are right we should never ask anyone with money to help the school...thats a terrible idea cause then those that dont have the money to donate will feel bad...I am sorry...see ya kids on the other board..peace out.
    lol what in the world. Feel free to ask, but there's no reason to bring it up as a qualifier for anyone to complain about a shortcoming of the athletics program lol. There's not a fee to post here and give your opinions.

And if you do want to make those statements, just make sure to bring it up to everyone, including the people who actually can drive change. There's about five people who post on here regularly that can fund whatever they want within the GV athletics program, and some of them have specifically said on here that they were not donating while Mitchell was the coach. Why don't you question how much they are donating to the cause when they complain about something?
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• Ahh Yes, the infighting continues. Here's a simple solution. Kle has stated on more than one occasion it's easy to see what coaches apply to what jobs "if you know where to look". You seem to know everything about TA so this should be like taking candy from a baby for your own institution. So get to lookin'.

From there, all the GV Daddy Warbucks get together, decide who you like the best, and then put on your FBS booster hats and tell KB who's she's gonna hire or you won't go out and sell any more M&Ms and Girl Scout Cookies in front of Walmart to help fund the athletics dept.

And loosen up on the criteria. Who cares if the guy used a campus computer to send an email to the student body posing as a Nigerian Prince in need of crypto currency. Or called the Psychic hotline number on his office phone to see what game plan would work against his weekly opponent. That's called showing initiative and using critical thinking.

This hire is either going to push you forward or set you back for the next decade. You guys need to start using your collective power to ensure the survival of the GV football species. : )

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

lol what in the world. Feel free to ask, but there's no reason to bring it up as a qualifier for anyone to complain about a shortcoming of the athletics program lol. There's not a fee to post here and give your opinions.

And if you do want to make those statements, just make sure to bring it up to everyone, including the people who actually can drive change. There's about five people who post on here regularly that can fund whatever they want within the GV athletics program, and some of them have specifically said on here that they were not donating while Mitchell was the coach. Why don't you question how much they are donating to the cause when they complain about something?
        I am curious how you know that these people do or do not actually donate? Most people that complain the loudest never actually did donate or it was small amounts. I would hope that someone that had the ability to donate and help the kids would do so not based on who the coach or AD was but rather if they thought the mission of the program was in place. And you say there are millionaires on the this board that can throw their weight around? Name two please, I find that hard to believe. Can they get a seat on a team plane or better parking? Sure...but actually make changes in personnel and policy? Gosh I hope not. If they made those changes please list those as well. Have a nice off season and get some help please.

Comment

There's about five people who post on here regularly that can fund whatever they want within the GV athletics program, and some of them have specifically said on here that they were not donating while Mitchell was the coach. Why don't you question how much they are donating to the cause when they complain about something?
          lol Name them you fu%#ing know it all jacka$$. lol You always claim to know almost everything about GV FOOTBALL but you never back it up with concrete evidence when someone challenges you. lol Then you attack/redirect because your ego can't take it when you realize you said something stupid just to make a point. lol Now before you go off on me, name the names-about five means 3 or 4 or 6 or 7 to me. lol Come on now you diabetic "rat" dog loving know it all idiot. lol There you have it-I've given you names, now it's time for you to ponyup. And don't just chastise me or make fun of my user name or cry to Brandon. I am so sick of your bull$hit.......lololololololololololololololololol ololololol ad infinitum

Comment

• Originally posted by 4nick8 View Post

lol Name them you fu%#ing know it all jacka$$. lol You always claim to know almost everything about GV FOOTBALL but you never back it up with concrete evidence when someone challenges you. lol Then you attack/redirect because your ego can't take it when you realize you said something stupid just to make a point. lol Now before you go off on me, name the names-about five means 3 or 4 or 6 or 7 to me. lol Come on now you diabetic "rat" dog loving know it all idiot. lol There you have it-I've given you names, now it's time for you to ponyup. And don't just chastise me or make fun of my user name or cry to Brandon. I am so sick of your bull$hit.......lololololololololololololololololol ololololol ad infinitum
            Who hurt you as a child? lol

Comment

• Originally posted by 4nick8 View Post

lmao. Setting aside the general unhingedness of this post.....you're saying that to earn 4nick8's respect, I should post the personal information of people on a public forum, who have thus far chosen to not share their own personal information? That's quite the moronic demand lol. I'm a plebe who knows nothing. I just have some free time and some pretty good internet sleuthing skills.

However, if you want a hint. Feel free to PM some of the posters on here and demand their names, professions, net worth, etc. See if they'll tell you. Or you can go walk around the Gold Lot at home games and see if anyone there will tell you their name on here. I'm gonna guess not, but you can give it a shot! Report back with that info if you want to put your money where your mouth is, and see what happens lol.

And yikes. Going after the dead dog and a terminal medical condition? Oof. I think that's what most people would call "desperation."

Comment

• https://footballscoop.com/news/sourc...new-head-coach

Matt Mitchell led one of the top college football programs at Grand Valley (D-II - MI) the last 13 seasons before deciding to join Luke Fickell's staff at Wisconsin recently.

Sources tell FootballScoop that the quality of candidates that applied for the Lakers opening was every bit as impressive as you would expect from a program that held onto the #1 ranking in D-II football for much of the season.

Their search included Power Five and Group of Five coordinators, former Grand Valley standout players and assistants, and some very successful small college coaches.

After holding in-person interviews and Zoom interviews with finalists recently, including some out-of-state meetings, Grand Valley is nearing a decision, several sources have shared with FootballScoop in the past 24 to 48 hours.

Sources tell FootballScoop that the Lakers in-house candidate Scott Wooster is the top target as they near the end of the process.

Wooster is a veteran coach in the GLIAC, who joined the staff a few seasons ago as offensive line coach / run game coordinator.

There is a lot of support on campus, and in the building for Wooster to take the reigns in Allendale, sources have shared throughout the process.

He previously spent 11 seasons on the staff at GLIAC member Wayne State (D-II - MI) where he also played before joining the staff initially as tight ends coach before taking over the offensive line in 2013.

This marks the first head coaching opportunity for Wooster, and he takes over one of the best jobs in D-II.

A final decision from Grand Valley is expected soon.

The Lakers entered the season at top 5 team, and won the GLIAC after knocking off defending national champion and conference rival Ferris State earlier this year. They entered the postseason as the #1 team in the country before falling to Ferris in a close playoff matchup.

Stay tuned to The Scoop for the latest.
                Seems strangely written. Says "a decision is expected soon" but also talks about it like it is already a foregone conclusion ("This marks the first head coaching opportunity for Wooster, and he takes over one of the best jobs in D-II.")

Comment

https://footballscoop.com/news/sourc...new-head-coach

Seems strangely written. Says "a decision is expected soon" but also talks about it like it is already a foregone conclusion ("This marks the first head coaching opportunity for Wooster, and he takes over one of the best jobs in D-II.")
                  Considering the schism there seems to be with the internal vs. external debate, it seems odd that the sources only name one candidate and it happens to be Wooster. It’s definitely clear that he’s the in-house guy, but why would Becker traverse the country in car and jet if Wooster is the foregone conclusion?

Comment

• Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post

Considering the schism there seems to be with the internal vs. external debate, it seems odd that the sources only name one candidate and it happens to be Wooster. It’s definitely clear that he’s the in-house guy, but why would Becker traverse the country in car and jet if Wooster is the foregone conclusion?
                    I believe the term is due diligence. Becker most likely wanted to meet the people that she thought would be the best options for GVSU. Football scoop is not always 100% correct on every matter either. Ask coach Prime is Wayne State is trying to hire him. Whatever the deal is I think Wooster is a home run. We shall all see.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X