Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne State Coaching Search

An interesting update on FootballScoop today.

https://footballscoop.com/news/sourc...national-title

This says that Wayne State's top target was Brandon Moore from Colorado Mines, but an update was posted saying that he is staying at Mines.

The article also mentions the following:

A few other targets, including an FBS assistant who has ties in the GLIAC and former FCS head coach with deep roots in Detroit are also among the candidates being considered, per sources.
    Let the debating ensue.
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

It appears Wayne State is serious about hiring their next coach.

Comment

Why would Moore leave CSM for Wayne State?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
        Why would Moore leave CSM for Wayne State?
        He's not, apparently, but I would assume it is more money and an opportunity to build a national champion-contending team. If you can get out of the GLIAC, you have a good shot of winning the title. I don't know what Mines pays their head coach, but I would assume Wayne is able to offer more money if they made him a candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

He's not, apparently, but I would assume it is more money and an opportunity to build a national champion-contending team. If you can get out of the GLIAC, you have a good shot of winning the title. I don't know what Mines pays their head coach, but I would assume Wayne is able to offer more money if they made him a candidate.
          Money is the only real incentive.

In 2022, he already achieved everything that Wayne State has achieved.

Mines is a better job.

Comment

Story got changed fast. Says he's not leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
              Story got changed fast. Says he's not leaving.
              I think Football Scoop does a good job for the most part, but this one was not a story in my opinion.

Wayne could theoretically target any coach. It doesn't make it realistic or newsworthy

Comment

I think Football Scoop does a good job for the most part, but this one was not a story in my opinion.

Wayne could theoretically target any coach. It doesn't make it realistic or newsworthy
                I think it is newsworthy in regards to showing the level of coach that Wayne State is targeting. He was apparently enough of a candidate that Moore had to verify he was staying at Mines.

Comment

I think it is newsworthy in regards to showing the level of coach that Wayne State is targeting. He was apparently enough of a candidate that Moore had to verify he was staying at Mines.
                  He had no choice but to address it this close to signing day no matter how likely or unlikely the rumor is.

Comment

Well they had the state right just the wrong school. Wayne is going after Prime at Colorado!

Comment

I have a few ideas on who the FBS position coach mentioned is but I am drawing a complete blank on who the former FCS head coach could be.

Comment

Originally posted by Gliac_fan10 View Post
                        I have a few ideas on who the FBS position coach mentioned is but I am drawing a complete blank on who the former FCS head coach could be.
                        My guess at the FCS coach is Brian VanGorder. He was Georgia State's head coach for one season before they moved to FBS, and he both played and coached at Wayne State. Currently the head coach of a high school in Florida.

I would think if it was him, though, they'd describe him as something different than "former FCS head coach with deep roots in Detroit" considering all the places he has coached at.

Comment

Of the names thrown into the ether, VanGorder would be the one I would have the most questions about. An extensive resume, but I'm pretty sure Notre Dame and BGSU fans chased him out with pitchforks.

Sounds like they want someone that has been around the GLIAC footprint (Moore was probably just a swing for the fences guy) but not a "Tartar/Warrior Man" which is completely fine by me. Given the AD's Grand Valley ties, I wouldn't be surprised if a current or former assistant was being considered. I don't know most GV assistants, but can y'all think of any that might fit the bill?

Comment

My guess at the FCS coach is Brian VanGorder.
                            Ahh yes, I would agree... not sure why I was having a brain block on that

Comment

Originally posted by mtsax305 View Post
                              Given the AD's Grand Valley ties, I wouldn't be surprised if a current or former assistant was being considered. I don't know most GV assistants, but can y'all think of any that might fit the bill?
                              EJ Whitlow is the first that comes to mind that fits that bill. Played and coached in the GLIAC, Detroit native.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X