Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferris vs Montana 2023

Looks like we got one in the books for our non-con next year.
    The Montana Grizzlies have added the Ferris State Bulldogs to their 2023 football schedule, FBSchedules.com has learned.

Games like this are always fun to look forward to. But it sucks they don't count towards anything when it comes to D2 playoffs. It may even have the potential to hurt FSU in seeding if another school has one more D2 game win than FSU.

That sad, I'm looking forward to the game.
    RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
    Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
      Looks like we got one in the books for our non-con next year.
      That was actually announced in September I think....if you want a great game day experience go watch the Griz play in Missoula. Think slightly bigger than Lubbers but with 10,000 more people...and they start tailgating the night before...you should go!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post

That was actually announced in September I think....if you want a great game day experience go watch the Griz play in Missoula. Think slightly bigger than Lubbers but with 10,000 more people...and they start tailgating the night before...you should go!!
        A much better backdrop, too. Haha
        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Is Ferris getting a check for this trip? Good for Ferris for stepping to play a top FCS team.

Comment

Tough game, very exciting to see. Ferris has a legit chance, but Montana did beat Washington in 2021. Only time I will ever root for Ferris is when they are playing an FCS team.

Comment

Good for Ferris and D2 exposure to college football fan base. West Florida also stepping up to play Florida A & M at Tallahassee in third game of 2023 schedule. Let’s hope for double upset.

Comment

If there’s one thing Montana is great at, it’s not live up to their expectations. I would not be at all surprised to see Ferris “upset” them.

Comment

Originally posted by chargerblue View Post
                  Is Ferris getting a check for this trip? Good for Ferris for stepping to play a top FCS team.
                  (per the link posted above)
                  "Montana will host Ferris State at Washington-Grizzly Stadium in Missoula, Mont., on Saturday, Sept. 16, 2023. The Grizzlies will pay the Bulldogs a $175,000 guarantee for playing the game, according to the copy of the contract."

Comment

Personally, I'm very excited to see a game like this. Montana was a preseason top 5 and finished the year 8-5..with a playoff win..they played a pretty tough slate with losses to a slew of top 10 programs like NDSU and Montana State.
                    https://gogriz.com/sports/football/schedule/2022

According to Massey (FWIW)...it's the Griz 30-23..which is a fair score given how Ferris has been the last handful of years. What Massey doesn't know is Ferris has big size and will more athletic than Montana would expect from a D2 squad. I expect the Bulldogs to look every bit the equal to the Griz and maybe even sneak out the win. An important point will be motivation between the squads....with Ferris taking this on as a challenge and likely hyped for it..while Montana opens with 2 FCS opponents who they'll assume will be more their level of competition..only to find out Ferris would thump either Butler or Dixie (W1, W2). Montana will be looking at W3 as "oh, we gotta play that D2 team this week....eh..", which could really play into the Bulldogs hands.

Comment

I think the size difference in the skilled positions will be the difference in this one. Tony is the best coach in D2 though (I hate saying that), so it will still be a great game and even might be a Ferris W.

Comment

As an old MIFC guy, I am excited to see how Butler does and then how Ferris does. Is the Pioneer really FCS quality? They had big "Welcome to D1" banners all over the place when we played them in 1993, their first year. We pounded them. Heck, even I got to play in that game.

Comment

Sounds like GVSU and NW Missouri both have an opening in week four this fall..........hmm.
                          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                            Sounds like GVSU and NW Missouri both have an opening in week four this fall..........hmm.
                            Fans would love it, but what a gauntlet of a schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by chargerblue View Post
                              As an old MIFC guy, I am excited to see how Butler does and then how Ferris does. Is the Pioneer really FCS quality? They had big "Welcome to D1" banners all over the place when we played them in 1993, their first year. We pounded them. Heck, even I got to play in that game.
                              It is NOT. Mainly because its non scholarship which can limit the guys they get.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X