Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GV Retired Bum View Post

It is NOT. Mainly because its non scholarship which can limit the guys they get.
    There is a local lawyer that always puts "I played D1 ball" in all of his ads. He played in the Pioneer League.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

There is a local lawyer that always puts "I played D1 ball" in all of his ads. He played in the Pioneer League.
      hahaha this made my day. Thanks for sharing... know way to many of these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by GV Retired Bum View Post

hahaha this made my day. Thanks for sharing... know way to many of these guys.
        Even worse than I remembered....

https://www.dmlawusa.com/videos/mike...this-football/

Comment

Originally posted by chargerblue View Post
          As an old MIFC guy, I am excited to see how Butler does and then how Ferris does. Is the Pioneer really FCS quality? They had big "Welcome to D1" banners all over the place when we played them in 1993, their first year. We pounded them. Heck, even I got to play in that game.
          Yeah, the Pioneer League schools wanted to play D1 basketball. Scholarship football was an obstacle to achieving that goal. As such, they have D3 quality football at a D1 school.

Comment

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post

Yeah, the Pioneer League schools wanted to play D1 basketball. Scholarship football was an obstacle to achieving that goal. As such, they have D3 quality football at a D1 school.
            The good ole "Dayton Rule". D2 and D3 football teams complained that schools with d1 hoops like Dayton and Butler had unfair advantages in recruiting. "We bring a kid in and take him to see Saginaw Valley play our guys in basketball. They bring the same kid in and take him to see Notre Dame play their guys in basketball."

Well, if Valpo had such a huge advantage, they weren't using it. Anyway, the whiners had their way and D2 and D3 lost those now-Pioneer League teams who moved forward with non-scholarship football in D1.

Comment

Ashland just posted there 2023 schedule. Week 1 at IUP.....Week 2 home vs Ferris State. Talk about a welcome to the new season. See you all week 2!

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                From the 2001 University of San Diego media guide: "his best outing came against Valparaiso (8 tackles)"
                Of course, it did.

Comment

Originally posted by chargerblue View Post

From the 2001 University of San Diego media guide: "his best outing came against Valparaiso (8 tackles)"
                  Of course, it did.
                  You're the man.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Fans would love it, but what a gauntlet of a schedule.
                    Not to mention that it would be what, a game with the bearcats, Away at Saggy, Home against Kentucky State(trap game maybe?), Home against Ferris. That's a pretty tough stretch there, not to mention 3 other teams that made the playoffs, including last years national championship runner up?? I'm always one to say if you wanna be the MAN, you gotta beat the MAN, but yeah, would kinda like Wooster to get a season under his belt before taking on just that loaded of a schedule. Not that I wouldn't be there with Bolts on if it did happen in Allendale. But yeah, pretty brutal schedule even before adding the Bearcats to it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X