Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://ferrisstatebulldogs.com/spor...20230214msd3b4

Ferris State hosts Mercyhurst in Week 1 and American International in Week 9. Open in Week 4.

Comment

https://www.svsucardinals.com/sports...23-24/schedule

Looks like SVSU has added an 11th game....Week 7....against St. Xavier (NAIA) from Chicago. I know SXU was looking for a game that week due to recent changes in their own conference (MSFA). The logo they have for the page linked above isn't for correct SXU..but I'm guessing that's who this is. (feel to correct me if I'm mistaken)

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
        https://www.svsucardinals.com/sports...23-24/schedule

Looks like SVSU has added an 11th game....Week 7....against St. Xavier (NAIA) from Chicago. I know SXU was looking for a game that week due to recent changes in their own conference (MSFA). The logo they have for the page linked above isn't for correct SXU..but I'm guessing that's who this is. (feel to correct me if I'm mistaken)
        Yea, you're correct. A google search says that logo is for St. Francis Xavier in Nova Scotia.

The most surprising part of this is that SVSU is agreeing to go to St. Xavier, rather than playing it @ SVSU.
        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Yea, you're correct. A google search says that logo is for St. Francis Xavier in Nova Scotia.

The most surprising part of this is that SVSU is agreeing to go to St. Xavier, rather than playing it @ SVSU.
          SXU has always been pretty ambitious about scheduling and have openly stated they'll play FCS to D3. With the MSFA conference in the NAIA losing some football members I could see some games like this with SXU or others in that conference filling in openings with the GLIAC..given the proximity.

They played UW-Whitewater in a close loss a handful of years ago..a squad who made D3 semis that year. They also took on Illinois State in the mid teens when ISU was strong. Their coach Mike Feminis understands the D2 landscape and is pretty experienced....having played UIndy for years..with UIndy winning 57-0 last season..but SXU has beaten them as well.

SXU won a NAIA natty back in 2011 and were deep in the playoffs many other years. Over the last handful of years the Cougars have struggled to get past the strong NAIA programs in Iowa such at Morningside, NWC, and Grand View..and overall aren't as strong as the past. They've been a 3 loss NAIA squad of late who typically makes the playoffs.

Being from Chicago myself....and living in Sioux Falls since 1999, I'm pretty familiar with SXU as they completed with the University of Sioux Falls a few times before USF left for D2 after the 2010 season. Back in those times SXU was an NAIA power and top 5 squad.

Comment

Looks like NMU is opening with Duluth and has Wisc-La Crosse is week 3. Bowie is playing at Davenport in Week 2
            Last edited by Gliac_fan10; 03-21-2023, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Considering the GLIAC is adding Roosevelt, which, like SXU, is located in Chicago (though Roosevelt plays their home football games in Arlington Heights - though a certain NFL club maybe setting up shop in Arlington Heights in the near future ... hint, hint), I'd wonder of SXU would make a good addition to the league in the long run.
              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Honestly I think the GLIAC is at the point that they would be wanting to take any football playing school that is interested in joining the league. Especially one that (no offense to SXU) would not be a contender since the league is so top heavy. It also seems like West is the logical way to expand (i.e. Roosevelt, Wisc Parkside and PNW).

Comment

Originally posted by Gliac_fan10 View Post
                  Honestly I think the GLIAC is at the point that they would be wanting to take any football playing school that is interested in joining the league. Especially one that (no offense to SXU) would not be a contender since the league is so top heavy. It also seems like West is the logical way to expand (i.e. Roosevelt, Wisc Parkside and PNW).
                  Has PNW stated any desire to start a football squad?

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post

Has PNW stated any desire to start a football squad?
                    Last I head they had zero interest, but that was a little while back so I can’t say for sure that is still the case.

Comment

NMU posted their schedule. Hosts Lake Erie week 2

Comment

Both Michigan Tech and Northwood are open week 1; any ideas why they are not playing each other? Both need an 11th game, for these schools, proximity can’t get any better?

Comment

Lake Erie just posted their schedule, they open at home against Franklin Pierce.

What’s interesting is week 2 they show themselves hosting Ferris State, while both FSU and Ashland have the bulldogs playing at AU that day. Northern Mich shows themselves hosting Lake Erie week 2 which of course LEC has themselves hosting Ferris.

Comment

https://lakeeriestorm.com/sports/football/schedule

LEC schedule now has NMU in week 2.

Comment

Thx for post. Someone wised up and made the change at LEC.

N-wood is still looking for a week 1 game, preferably at home (M-Tech shows open) while ODU is open week 2 and is desperately looking for a home game. U-Indy and Kentucky St currently open that week.

Comment

All schedules are now official

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X