Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd HC suspension

I just came across an article that says that the NCAA has suspended a Head Football coach for their next playoff game. I find it on odd suspension. Why not regular season? And maybe aggressive in light of other player actions. FWIW, it was for a repeated post game offense by some players.. meaning over multiple years.
    Has anyone heard of this type of suspension before?

https://footballscoop.com/news/ncaa-...ational-champs

lol
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Someone has to be the Oakland Raiders of D2.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
        Someone has to be the Oakland Raiders of D2.
        Ture, still, I find the suspension odd considering what they states what happened. Frankly, I'm surprised that the NCAA did anything at all. But then a post season suspension? That one is just odd. Though I wonder if any history comes into play here.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
          Though I wonder if any history comes into play here.
          Yes

Comment

Bigger picture...they think we might make the playoffs this year...lol

Comment

The long and short is simple...in 2021 Ferris nuked the locker room in Texas post game to the point the damages were over 10K...I have seen the pics...not good...McKinney actually told the NCAA they might not want the game back again...NCAA paid for it all and all is good...then in 2022 despite being told to not do this Ferris did it again in the locker room...this time the NCAA is having Ferris pay it direct and came after Tony for lack of leadership in the matter...one game off...I have seen what Ferris did to the GVSU visitors locker room this year...I like to call this a pattern...LOL...GVSU did nothing other than bring in a cleaning crew to repair the mess and sent no bills...I know this cause I spent 3 hours of my night post game in there cleaning that mess up..we cleaned ceilings and cleaned carpets and the other mess on Sunday...personally I find it pretty ****ing sad that after a win you feel the need to tear up the joint...but thats just me...post game fights and all that aside...Ferris is better than this I would hope. I know if GVSU left a mess like this I would lose my job...yea...I am the GVSU Equipment manager and I can tell you how we leave a locker room win or lose...its cleaned and back exactly as we found it...thats the GVSU standard. I hope maybe this story goes away and we are done with all this ****. Play football, get en education and move the F on. But thats just me.
              Last edited by champgymusa; 07-12-2023, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Don't really see this screwing us "unless" we win out and get a first round bye. Hate to have to face NW, Pitt St, GV or Harding in the 2nd rd without the head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
                  The long and short is simple...in 2021 Ferris nuked the locker room in Texas post game to the point the damages were over 10K...I have seen the pics...not good...McKinney actually told the NCAA they might not want the game back again...NCAA paid for it all and all is good...then in 2022 despite being told to not do this Ferris did it again in the locker room...this time the NCAA is having Ferris pay it direct and came after Tony for lack of leadership in the matter...one game off...I have seen what Ferris did to the GVSU visitors locker room this year...I like to call this a pattern...LOL...GVSU did nothing other than bring in a cleaning crew to repair the mess and sent no bills...I know this cause I spent 3 hours of my night post game in there cleaning that mess up..we replaced ceiling tiles and painted on Sunday...personally I find it pretty ****ing sad that after a win you feel the need to tear up the joint...but thats just me...post game fights and all that aside...Ferris is better than this I would hope. I know if GVSU left a mess like this I would lose my job...yea...I am the GVSU Equipment manager and I can tell you how we leave a locker room win or lose...its cleaned and back exactly as we found it...thats the GVSU standard. I hope maybe this story goes away and we are done with all this ****. Play football, get en education and move the F on. But thats just me.
                  Clearly they’re not. I figured it was more than just lighting up a couple stogies.

Comment

Stay Classy Ferris.....

Comment

Listening to Greenie (someone other than Greenie hosting) on ESPN radio the other day and this came up. They laughed at the punishment and said “For smoking a cigar….that’s ridiculous “. And it would be if that’s all there was to the story and apparently, having not done their homework, they assumed that’s all there was to it. I’m not surprised that they had no knowledge of the backstory. After all, it’s only D2….why would ESPN care enough to actually get the facts. I guess they think it’s enough that they televise the Natty.

Comment

Originally posted by Thelakerman View Post
                        Listening to Greenie (someone other than Greenie hosting) on ESPN radio the other day and this came up. They laughed at the punishment and said “For smoking a cigar….that’s ridiculous “. And it would be if that’s all there was to the story and apparently, having not done their homework, they assumed that’s all there was to it. I’m not surprised that they had no knowledge of the backstory. After all, it’s only D2….why would ESPN care enough to actually get the facts. I guess they think it’s enough that they televise the Natty.
                        It got essentially the same reaction on the Detroit sports talk station too. And TA essentially got another pat on the back for winning and the NCAA got ripped for how they responded to players smoking post game. Not a peep about trashing the locker room. Instead it was "what's wrong with taking some of the stickers down for memorabilia.?" And it being D2, there wasn't an easy way to see the entire picture.

Comment

To be fair the article didnt mention anything about $10,000 worth of damage. They played it off like it was something small and the punishment was too harsh, which is why most peoples reaction was being pissed at the NCAA.

I believe our source tho ;) pretty reliable

Comment

I suspect the biggest issue was the repeat offender situation and the fact the reports indicate that the school district had concerns over letting the NCAA back to use the facility. I don't think the NCAA takes kindly to having their business dealings impacted by a lack of control by those who are supposed to be in control. It was spun as being about the smoking on tobbacco free school grounds, but I think there is more to this than what was released. Ferris tried to spin this the best they could to make the NCAA look bad, rather than to admit the issues.

I suspect if there are further issues with that program and facilities they are visiting in 2023 a lot more information will come out and Ferris may have some issues on their hands.

Comment

ceiling tiles? obv haven’t seen the aftermath but it sounds like vandalism over and over which is weird behavior for a football team to engage in

they should show up to the title game next yr if they make in camo to pay homage to the jj canes - might as well lean into it

and also stop wrecking other ppls property
                              Go Bearcats!
                              M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X