Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GV Retired Bum View Post

100% agree. Especially guys with 2+ years of eligibility. Its hard transferring, but if you can have 1 season where you make the travel roster and the next as your "breakout" year, its more enticing.
    I might see if it's a money issue, but if it's not a transfer to a big program, I don't see how not playing is better than a starter at a top D2 program. Hell, I'll even extend that to playing at a losing minor D1 program vs playing at a top D2 program. I'm maybe one of the few that get the D1 label "prestige" but it only goes to far. Again, if it's a financial thing, I get it. Otherwise, someone is yelling in their ears with info that isn't to their overall benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

I might see if it's a money issue, but if it's not a transfer to a big program, I don't see how not playing is better than a starter at a top D2 program. Hell, I'll even extend that to playing at a losing minor D1 program vs playing at a top D2 program. I'm maybe one of the few that get the D1 label "prestige" but it only goes to far. Again, if it's a financial thing, I get it. Otherwise, someone is yelling in their ears with info that isn't to their overall benefit.
      A player wouldnt leave if they didnt expect to play at the new school. Its easy to say from the outside "the numbers dont support this will go well" but at the end of the day these guys are extremely talented and have a ton of confidence. They might learn the hard way but they will go into a school expecting to play.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Maybe. Is it possible Mitchell held the stance of don't put your name in the portal and expect to come back? And Wooster is more open to it? Is that what's going on? That would make more sense in terms of all this happening after spring practice and not after Wooster was announced.
        Mitch was an unreal GM/Culture guy. I think the switch up from him to Wooster allowed guys to have more confidence in the ability to test the waters without punishment.

Comment

Yea I agree. I'm hopeful that Wooster is the right hire, regardless. He's gotten nothing but praise from everyone at both GV and Wayne, players and coaches alike. But this current exodus is not something GV has ever had to deal with before, so it raises eyebrows.
          Are any of the xfers because the new coach is cleaning house?

That seems to happen a lot when a new hc takes over.

That or the pretentious name for the spring scrimmage was just too much for the players. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

That seems to happen a lot when a new hc takes over.

That or the pretentious name for the spring scrimmage was just too much for the players. Lol.
            Word on the street was that Walker was a bit of a prima donna if not a China doll for injuries. Don’t know about the rest of them but your statement about the Coach cleaning house of those that don’t fit or have attitude problems should be considered. It’s typical in the aftermath of a coaching change. It would be hard for the players to love a new coach as much as they loved Mitch. Especially since the new coach is a “hard driver” type (ala Dan Campbell) while Mitch was more understate and easy going.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

No (for the four trying to transfer up at least)

Comment

Originally posted by Thelakerman View Post

Word on the street was that Walker was a bit of a prima donna if not a China doll for injuries. Don’t know about the rest of them but your statement about the Coach cleaning house of those that don’t fit or have attitude problems should be considered. It’s typical in the aftermath of a coaching change. It would be hard for the players to love a new coach as much as they loved Mitch. Especially since the new coach is a “hard driver” type (ala Dan Campbell) while Mitch was more understate and easy going.
                I highly doubt any of this was the new coach "cleaning house" considering they all went through Spring practices, and they were four of the five best returning players on the team (please stay, Abe).
                2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Assumptions made based on twitter would be that Suggs has decided to come back, he removed anything about the portal and offers he had gotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Gliac_fan10 View Post
                    Assumptions made based on twitter would be that Suggs has decided to come back, he removed anything about the portal and offers he had gotten.
                    Interesting. That's good news! Who was he getting offers from? I didn't really keep tabs on who has been getting offers from where, besides knowing Jahdae has some P5 offers.

Edit: It looks like Jahdae is receiving offers from virtually every school outside of the top 5 in the nation, Nyzier looks like he's getting offers from mostly G5 and lower-end P5 schools. I see he has a Vanderbilt offer. It looks like Jaylon Tillman is getting offers from FCS and G5 schools.

Comment

Who was he getting offers from? .
                      I can't remember all the schools but I believe he had 4/5 FCS offers and 2 G5

Comment

Interesting. That's good news! Who was he getting offers from? I didn't really keep tabs on who has been getting offers from where, besides knowing Jahdae has some P5 offers.

Edit: It looks like Jahdae is receiving offers from virtually every school outside of the top 5 in the nation, Nyzier looks like he's getting offers from mostly G5 and lower-end P5 schools. I see he has a Vanderbilt offer. It looks like Jaylon Tillman is getting offers from FCS and G5 schools.
                        Can’t blame anyone for taking a Vanderbilt offer. One of the best schools in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post

Can’t blame anyone for taking a Vanderbilt offer. One of the best schools in the country.
                          Can't blame any of them for taking a P5 or even G5 offer and the cash that comes with it, either

Comment

Nyzier Fourqurean has committed to Vanderbilt. Will be interesting to see how he performs there. Obviously an opportunity for a lot of playing time in the best conference in the nation. Probably not gonna win many games, but it'll be fun to see how he does against 1st round NFL talent.

https://247sports.com/college/vander...ean-209818293/

Speaking of him landing at Vanderbilt - Jahdae Walker picked up an offer from Kentucky. So if he decides to go there, it's possible we could see Jahdae and Nyzier go up against each other in 2023.

Comment

Konner Near signed with Oklahoma about a week ago. Any word on where Walker's headed?

Comment

How many significant contributors are Ferris, Mines, Delta, Angelo, Pitt, and NW Missouri losing to D1 schools?

We've had D1-quality players the entire time NIL has been introduced, but we've never seen an exodus like this. We haven't even lost a single significant contributor to a D1 school since.........I'm not sure. Who was the last one? Matt Stefanski to Arizona? That's about it. And most GV fans don't even know who he is. I know you're trying to paint a rosy picture, but there's obviously something happening here that hasn't been happening in the past.
                                Basically no one at Mines is going to give up that education to transfer to a D1 school to play football.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X