Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLVC Week 2 Preview

I think the conference has a decent chance to have a nice out of conference showing this week.

https://www.d2football.com/glvc-week...ew-2019-11-09/

Cool Story Bro

Good write-up. Agree with your thoughts on the Truman/Wayne game. This is the week to judge Truman's offense, as I think it was going to be tough going against the senior-led D-line and returning strong linebackers that Drake brought back. If Truman struggles to move the ball again, then I think there's cause for alarm.

That defense though. Smacked Drake in the face over and over. I don't know much about Wayne's O-line, but if they aren't in the same area code as Drake's (lots of experience returning, some big dudes), then I'd expect the 'Dogs to be in the backfield all over again this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post
      Good write-up. Agree with your thoughts on the Truman/Wayne game. This is the week to judge Truman's offense, as I think it was going to be tough going against the senior-led D-line and returning strong linebackers that Drake brought back. If Truman struggles to move the ball again, then I think there's cause for alarm.

That defense though. Smacked Drake in the face over and over. I don't know much about Wayne's O-line, but if they aren't in the same area code as Drake's (lots of experience returning, some big dudes), then I'd expect the 'Dogs to be in the backfield all over again this weekend.

Thanks man!

It's good to know someone is reading it! :)

Cool Story Bro

Comment

I think My S&T Miners will bounce back this week.

Comment

Originally posted by S&TMinerfan View Post
          I think My S&T Miners will bounce back this week.
          Obviously I agree!

The key for them will be to be disciplined about running the ball and consistently stopping the run. Easier said than done, but the Miners have the players to pull it off. If they can shut down the APU run, they can let the big dog (i.e. Wharton) loose!
          Cool Story Bro

Comment

Yeah lots of weapons on offense. I think they will continue to get better as the season goes on. The LB group will improve each week hopefully, lost some good ones to graduation and injury, new faces will have to step up.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post

Thanks man!

It's good to know someone is reading it! :)
              I'm reading too. Good stuff.

Comment

How good is the S&T video feed. What is the cost? Is it worth it or is radio a better choice?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cougarjunkie View Post
                  How good is the S&T video feed. What is the cost? Is it worth it or is radio a better choice?

Thanks
                  I can't speak for the feed, but it's free to stream on the glvc network.
                  Cool Story Bro

Comment

S&T feed is hit and miss, being 1st home game there may be kinks to work out but last year it was ok

Comment

Only saw the second quarter of Truman's game today but that's apparently all I needed to see. Defense is scary good. Special teams is a pest both kicking and returning. Offense coming along. This Truman team might be legit.

Comment

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post
                        Only saw the second quarter of Truman's game today but that's apparently all I needed to see. Defense is scary good. Special teams is a pest both kicking and returning. Offense coming along. This Truman team might be legit.
                        Truman may have something going, but I wouldn't use Wayne as a measuring stick. It's sad, but they may likely be the weakest of the GLIAC this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Truman may have something going, but I wouldn't use Wayne as a measuring stick. It's sad, but they may likely be the weakest of the GLIAC this season.
                          They'll face pretty good offenses in MoS&T, Lindenwood, and Unindy later in the season. I suspect that Truman will be able to hold them below their season averages, but I'm not convinced their offense will be able to keep pace. They showed a little more vs. Wayne State, but the jury's still out.
                          Cool Story Bro

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X