Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 4 preview is up!

Just posted the week 4 preview.

Power rankings included with this week's write up!

https://www.d2football.com/glvc-prev...ur-2019-09-26/

enjoy!

By no means am I trying to lift the Truman offense up to a higher level, but I think one thing to keep in mind is that they emptied the bench REALLY early last week against Valpo. Salima's last carry came on the first drive of the second half (that put Truman up 24-0, in front of the pick-6 three plays later that made it 31-0), and Barr sat the final 20 minutes as well. The last 20-25 minutes of the game was full of 2nd/3rd string QBs, RBs and WRs for the 'Dogs.

Also, I think Valparaiso would finish 6th-7th in the GLVC. As opposed to Drake who was still trying to figure out a true freshman QB in his second game, but actually had a pretty salty defense, Valpo was the definition of a very bad D1 non-scholly FCS.

Comment

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post
      By no means am I trying to lift the Truman offense up to a higher level, but I think one thing to keep in mind is that they emptied the bench REALLY early last week against Valpo. Salima's last carry came on the first drive of the second half (that put Truman up 24-0, in front of the pick-6 three plays later that made it 31-0), and Barr sat the final 20 minutes as well. The last 20-25 minutes of the game was full of 2nd/3rd string QBs, RBs and WRs for the 'Dogs.

Also, I think Valparaiso would finish 6th-7th in the GLVC. As opposed to Drake who was still trying to figure out a true freshman QB in his second game, but actually had a pretty salty defense, Valpo was the definition of a very bad D1 non-scholly FCS.
      Fair assessment to note. Definitely plays into the equation.

By no means am I dogging Truman for their offense. It seems to fit exactly what they need from a big picture perspective. I just haven't seen anything all that scary from the Truman offense even when the starters are in. Salima finished with almost 6 ypc vs. Valpo, but about half of that came on one carry. Other than that, his numbers were closer in line with his season average of 3.8 ypc. Barr seems to be taking care of the ball better this year, which in and of itself will be a HUGE improvement for the offense. But he's not lighting the world on fire. His rushing yards seem to be a down a bit this year. Not sure if that's by design or something else.

Truth is, Truman doesn't NEED a UIndy or Lindenwood type offense because their defense is so good.

My only concern with that formula is against complete teams. UIndy is definitely a complete team. MO S&T is closer than many probably figured with the emergence of Brennan Simms. How long Wharton will be out will play into that. Lindenwood seems to have the talent to be a complete team, but are still trying to put together a complete game.

Comment

Oh most definitely. They haven't been pushed at all to have to score with the other team, as they've blown the past two opponents out of the water and then just out-defense'd Drake in the opener.

There is no reason they shouldn't be 5-0 going to Lindenwood on Oct. 12.

I fully agree with your power ratings in the blog. It's Indy at 1, a huge gap to Truman at 2, then a smaller gap to S&T and Lindenwood at 3/4 in some order.

Comment

Checking out the glvc channel on roku. The Quincy game day show is kind of cool. Wish some MIAA schools would do something like it.

Comment

I mean teams have coaches shows on local tv and stuff. Would be kind of neat to.have something archived and available like that.

Comment

Impressive win by Truman on Saturday. QU had one drive early that moved the sticks, but that's about the only good thing their offense did all day. They even pulled their first-string QB in the third quarter.

Couple that with the fact that the TSU offense looked really good for the first time this year. Three-headed running attack, not including Barr's ability to pull and run, and some hauls by the receivers finally opened the offense up a bit.

SBU coming to Kirksville next week.

Comment

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post
                Impressive win by Truman on Saturday. QU had one drive early that moved the sticks, but that's about the only good thing their offense did all day. They even pulled their first-string QB in the third quarter.

Couple that with the fact that the TSU offense looked really good for the first time this year. Three-headed running attack, not including Barr's ability to pull and run, and some hauls by the receivers finally opened the offense up a bit.

SBU coming to Kirksville next week.
                Truman's run game was fantastic. If they can run even half that efficiently for the rest of the year and continue to play that great defense, they will be tough to beat.

Cool Story Bro

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X