Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FHSU at Indianapolis

I suppose I should be pulling for the GLVC teams now?

FHSU will bring a very stubborn defense to Indy. Not many teams found much room against the tigers this year. Indy looks like they've been able to pretty much run the ball at will vs. their GLVC competition this year amassing over 250 yards a game on the ground. I imagine they'll have a bit of a tougher time running the ball this weekend.

FHSU is a bit one dimensional on offense, but they execute that dimension very well averaging almost 300 yards per game through the air. They'll face the GLVC's top ranked pass defense in Indy. This could be a matchup that sets up favorably for the Greyhounds. If they can disrupt Mezera's timing, and force him to get rid of the ball sooner than he wants, it could expose a ***** in the armor of the Tigers that Indy could take advantage of.

I'm looking forward to watching this game. It will be my first exposure to GLVC football, and should give me an idea of what life will be like as an LU fan next year!
    Cool Story Bro

Re: FHSU at Indianapolis

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post
    I suppose I should be pulling for the GLVC teams now?

FHSU will bring a very stubborn defense to Indy. Not many teams found much room against the tigers this year. Indy looks like they've been able to pretty much run the ball at will vs. their GLVC competition this year amassing over 250 yards a game on the ground. I imagine they'll have a bit of a tougher time running the ball this weekend.

FHSU is a bit one dimensional on offense, but they execute that dimension very well averaging almost 300 yards per game through the air. They'll face the GLVC's top ranked pass defense in Indy. This could be a matchup that sets up favorably for the Greyhounds. If they can disrupt Mezera's timing, and force him to get rid of the ball sooner than he wants, it could expose a ***** in the armor of the Tigers that Indy could take advantage of.

I'm looking forward to watching this game. It will be my first exposure to GLVC football, and should give me an idea of what life will be like as an LU fan next year!
    I'd rather U Indy faced a stubborn defense than an offense that executes. The U Indy OL and running game is gelling recently at the end of the season. Defensively, their DL can get to the QB some so that might be a factor like you mention. If Fort Hays has some success with their passing game then U Indy will likely try to control the game with their rushing game.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BartonTiger View Post
        U Indy definitely tries to establish the run first. Seems like they aren't happy if they don't. So they could be in trouble if FHSU stops the run.

Comment

I've only seen indy in one game, so my opinion isn't worth a lot, but I think this is a mismatch up front that favors Hays.

Comment

Does the GLVC stream their games?
            Cool Story Bro

Comment

yes

Comment

http://www.glvcsn.com/

It's available as a roku channel, too.

Comment

Really sorry. Flashy GLVCSPN or something set up then terrible production of games from school to school. U Indy lets their student produce the games with seems like zero supervision. Theirs is probably the worst but most other GLVCs bad too. And U Indy used to have what easily could have been the best TV game production in all the GLIAC then started letting students do the games. Last week I'd give the student videographer a C but most of the time I'd give them a solid F grade. Normally the student will try to follow the ball around or never show the DB coverage or do a close up at the snaps or get a monkey to work the video. It's terrible. Better jump in your car and start driving to U Indy. Last time the student commentator repeated "it's gonna be" every down. Video even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by michiganfb View Post
                    Really sorry. Flashy GLVCSPN or something set up then terrible production of games from school to school. U Indy lets their student produce the games with seems like zero supervision. Theirs is probably the worst but most other GLVCs bad too. And U Indy used to have what easily could have been the best TV game production in all the GLIAC then started letting students do the games. Last week I'd give the student videographer a C but most of the time I'd give them a solid F grade. Normally the student will try to follow the ball around or never show the DB coverage or do a close up at the snaps or get a monkey to work the video. It's terrible. Better jump in your car and start driving to U Indy. Last time the student commentator repeated "it's gonna be" every down. Video even worse.
                    Lol... I think many MIAA would say the same thing about the Lindenwood student announcers on the MIAA network.

The thing is, LU has a partnership 101ESPN, the major radio station in St. Louis. They get TJ Weber (former LU student) and another former NFL player to call the game. They do a great job. When LU puts their highlights together, they dub their audio in place of the students that called the live feed.

I'm on the fence with the student thing. The main complaint against the LU live feed announcers were that they were unprepared, and would seem like they were flat out making up names. The thing is, is that they're light years ahead of the guys that used to call the games 5-6 years ago. At least the guys now have some semblance of football knowledge. Before, it was painfully obvious the announcers weren't familiar with basic rules of the game or terminology. It was awkward and uncomfortable to listen to. I heard a guy say that a WR, that had just caught the ball, had his teammate wide open in the endzone and was probably a little selfish for not throwing it to him. I can't count how many times I heard someone "Blitzed for the touchdown". Apparently LU back in that day had a 55 and 60 yard line on the field.... I could go on and on.

Truth is, I'll be able to make it to WAY more away games next year anyway. How does the GLVC do their scheduling? Flip flop year to year? Ramdom? Same order? Should I just look at Lincoln's conference schedule and switch home and away?
                    Cool Story Bro

Comment

3rd and long from the 60 yard line is nearly impossible to convert.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                        3rd and long from the 60 yard line is nearly impossible to convert.
                        It's much easier to do if you're allowed 2 forward passes on 1 play.
                        Cool Story Bro

Comment

Yes. Every game for football, basketball, volleyball, soccer, baseball and softball is streamed for free on the GLVCSN. Some of them do a really good job with multiple camera angles. Some of them do a really good job by streaming in their professional broadcasters (Truman does this for FB and BB). Others, well, it's free, so, you get what you pay for.

Everything is archived so you can go back on Monday and watch a specific clip (again, for free). Honestly, for being Div. II and a conference-wide thing that's offered (I'll say it again, for free), it's pretty good. All of their championships, even the sports not mentioned above, are streamed done with professional play-by-play and multi-cameras, so those are really good.

But yes, you get the occasional student who struggles, but I'm also for student experiences in college, so that's the best place to try and learn. If I was paying $9.95 a game for it, then I might change my tune a little bit.

Comment

Truth is, I'll be able to make it to WAY more away games next year anyway. How does the GLVC do their scheduling? Flip flop year to year? Ramdom? Same order? Should I just look at Lincoln's conference schedule and switch home and away?
                            The GLVC posts their future schedules on the conference website, but they haven't done anything for 2019-20 yet. My guess is that because it was supposed to be Benedictine and SBU, they had travel partners all set up for that, but when it became Lindenwood and SBU, that all changed.

Comment

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post
                              Yes. Every game for football, basketball, volleyball, soccer, baseball and softball is streamed for free on the GLVCSN. Some of them do a really good job with multiple camera angles. Some of them do a really good job by streaming in their professional broadcasters (Truman does this for FB and BB). Others, well, it's free, so, you get what you pay for.

Everything is archived so you can go back on Monday and watch a specific clip (again, for free). Honestly, for being Div. II and a conference-wide thing that's offered (I'll say it again, for free), it's pretty good. All of their championships, even the sports not mentioned above, are streamed done with professional play-by-play and multi-cameras, so those are really good.

But yes, you get the occasional student who struggles, but I'm also for student experiences in college, so that's the best place to try and learn. If I was paying $9.95 a game for it, then I might change my tune a little bit.
                              Hard to even respectfully disagree with you here! Or we haven't watched the same games. What I've seen is just terrible. But will give you that Truman did an okay job this year. Watched the game that week with a friend of the head coach and if I remember right (no seats on the visitor side stadium) I'd give your camera guy a good grade B+ and you had one guy talking who was competent too. Don't need the commentary at all except usually can't see the numbers. As far giving students experiences in college, they aren't learning anything if not given any instruction and it's obvious they aren't. If I don't get to one of their games I sometimes go the whole season without knowing what kind of team they have! Gave up on expecting anything different from them about 5 years ago. Get in your car and drive.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X