Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S&T vs Truman

I'll save the bulk of my thoughts for the blog but I'm looking forward to this game.

Wonder if LU exposed a weakness in Truman defense that miners can take advantage of. S&T defense has been playing really well lately.
    Cool Story Bro

Comment

This is a pretty big game. Why only two posts?

Comment

What an ending.

Number 31 for S&T better hide from Wharton after the game. He was not happy about that penalty. Don't blame him.
        Cool Story Bro

Comment

1st off Truman played well enough to earn the victory. Having said that, lack of discipline cost S&T a probable victory and not just at the end but a couple of times throughout the game

Comment

S&T and Truman building a rivalry. This conference needs that.

Comment

Fun to be at today's game to celebrate Homecoming. Many former Dogs in the crowd to see what was both exciting and kind of a mess at the exact same time.

Both teams did enough good and enough bad to both win or lose the game. When Missouri S&T scored to go up one, the first thing I said was that there was too much time on the clock, and that proved to be exactly the case. Great poise by Barr (who should be the GLVC player of the week) to lead the team down the field and set them up for a chip shot to win it.

I wasn't sure how Truman would respond after last week's frustrating loss, but to come away with a split in these two games is alright by me. Go win the next two against Jewell and McKendree, then deal with UIndy in week 10. Always glad to beat the Miners though. The Truman/Rolla rivalry runs deep for me from playing days, so I always take a little extra pride when Truman beats the other guys on Route 63.

Comment

Gonna watch this one in it's entirety later today. Glad LU isn't paying S&T next week. They have to be so pissed.
                Cool Story Bro

Comment

Wow what a game. Things got real chippy on that drive after that S&T field goal. Barr has a little Dawg in him for real, mixing it up with the Miner defender. He was the difference in this game with his accurate passing and big plays. Way more impressed with him this week than last. I didn't expect him to have that much success against a decent S&T defense.

Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post
                    Fun to be at today's game to celebrate Homecoming. Many former Dogs in the crowd to see what was both exciting and kind of a mess at the exact same time.

Both teams did enough good and enough bad to both win or lose the game. When Missouri S&T scored to go up one, the first thing I said was that there was too much time on the clock, and that proved to be exactly the case. Great poise by Barr (who should be the GLVC player of the week) to lead the team down the field and set them up for a chip shot to win it.

I wasn't sure how Truman would respond after last week's frustrating loss, but to come away with a split in these two games is alright by me. Go win the next two against Jewell and McKendree, then deal with UIndy in week 10. Always glad to beat the Miners though. The Truman/Rolla rivalry runs deep for me from playing days, so I always take a little extra pride when Truman beats the other guys on Route 63.
                    There were some really nice performances this week, especially at QB. Andrew Rund accounted for 5 total TD's in their win vs. SBU, and they needed every one of them.

Cade Brister also had a nice day, accounting for 4 TD's and over 300 yards passing again.

Jaden Barr's long run for a TD was beautiful though. Especially since that was after all the trash talking within the other team. He just decided to do it himself!

Lindenwood's Drew Seers earned his second DPOTW award. I was sure if it was going to be anyone from LU, it would be Ricky McCoy with 2 interceptions and a pass breakup that could've been his third.

Matt Cole won STPOTW, surprise, surprise. I said in my write up that if Jewell decided to kick to him, he'd earn another one.

https://glvcsports.com/news/2019/10/...JjvgazOfOwpNyc
                    Cool Story Bro

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X