Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 9 preview is up!

I had to cut down on the recaps a bit this week.

With Halloween last night, I wasn't able to dedicate as much time as I normally do.

https://www.d2football.com/glvc-prev...ne-2019-11-01/

Enjoy!

I continue to appreciate your work. Thanks for doing this every week.

Only thing though - beyond a last second comeback by Lindenwood on their home field (which included an onside kick that took the refs forever to uncover), I'm not sure the justification for having LWU ahead of TSU in the power rankings. Truman has beaten their two common GLVC opponents much more handily than Lindenwood has (including a 63-14 win on the road at Quincy while Lindenwood had a big time struggle win against the same team). Wayne State (5-3) has also proven to be a nice out-of-conference win for Truman, and Drake has now won four straight to get back above .500. Lindenwood's three out-of-conference losses all have come to teams that are at or below .500.

I just think that the full season to this point (minus one quarter) has shown that Truman has established itself as the #2 team in the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post
      I continue to appreciate your work. Thanks for doing this every week.

Only thing though - beyond a last second comeback by Lindenwood on their home field (which included an onside kick that took the refs forever to uncover), I'm not sure the justification for having LWU ahead of TSU in the power rankings. Truman has beaten their two common GLVC opponents much more handily than Lindenwood has (including a 63-14 win on the road at Quincy while Lindenwood had a big time struggle win against the same team). Wayne State (5-3) has also proven to be a nice out-of-conference win for Truman, and Drake has now won four straight to get back above .500. Lindenwood's three out-of-conference losses all have come to teams that are at or below .500.

I just think that the full season to this point (minus one quarter) has shown that Truman has established itself as the #2 team in the conference.
      Very good points.
      TBH, it mightbe a little bit of the not seeing the forest for the trees deal. I probably don't take a step back as often as I should.

That being said, I do like to think of these as fluid. While Truman has certainly rebounded nicely after the win, LU is in the middle of winning 4 straight.

I can't argue the common opponents. Lindenwood simply doesn't take care of business like they should against weaker competition.

The OOC games vs FCS opponents are apples and oranges. EWU has struggled but I don't think anyone would arguu that Drake would beat them. Wayne State was a very nice win, but so was Saginaw.

Resume wise, Truman certainly looks better. But I value head to head matchups more than anything. While LU did need some lady minute heroics to pull out that game, the box score suggests that Lindenwood should've had the game in control by the 4th quarter.

However, like I said in the article, I was close to flipping them this week. Who knows, had I gotten better sleep last night, I might've picked Truman 2nd, lol.

I also won't rule out the possibility that my inherent bias might be affecting my decision. I'm trying to stay neutral, but nobody can do that 100% effectively.

Either way I appreciate the discussion on it!

Comment

I think Lindenwood is going to stay ahead of Truman...

Comment

Aw shucks Devin, you're probably right. I should have considered that LWU would beat a UIndy team that hadn't been closer than 25 points against anyone they've played all year when I posted about it 24 hours before Saturday afternoon. Silly me, not seeing the future again. Ok, you bent my arm, LWU can stay ahead of Truman.

Comment

Also crazy how much scheduling plays a factor. Not discounting LWU at all, but getting Indy, Truman and S&T all at home makes a huge difference. Indy gets Truman and S&T at home. Truman only got S&T at home and S&T went to all three. I mentioned that when people we high on S&T back early in the season that schedule would play a huge role, and it has.

Comment

The question will be if Truman leap frogs UIndy. Without the benefit of a head to head matchup, I look at common opponents.

Both Truman and uindy have pretty much blown out the rest of the conference except for a few exceptions.

Truman's battle with S&T came down to the wire, while saying uindy dominated the miners is an understatement.

Both teams lone L comes to lindenwood, but Truman actually played the lions closer. Through the 3rd quarter, LU was actually dominating the hounds.

Tough week to figure out. Looking forward to the Truman Uindy matchup next week almost as much as I was the LU Uindy matchup.
              Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post
                Aw shucks Devin, you're probably right. I should have considered that LWU would beat a UIndy team that hadn't been closer than 25 points against anyone they've played all year when I posted about it 24 hours before Saturday afternoon. Silly me, not seeing the future again. Ok, you bent my arm, LWU can stay ahead of Truman.
                I'll let you borrow my time machine sometime.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X