X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regional Rankings

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/footba...ional-rankings

UIndy only drops a couple spots.

Truman and Lindenwood are probably floating around 11 and 12.

Both still have a chance with earned access, but getting 2 teams in is very unlikely. (Although not impossible)

Originally posted by Bryon Ramos View Post
    https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/footba...ional-rankings

UIndy only drops a couple spots.

Truman and Lindenwood are probably floating around 11 and 12.

Both still have a chance with earned access, but getting 2 teams in is very unlikely. (Although not impossible)
    Completely agree. I just don't see any way (barring catastrophic collapses in other conferences) that the GLVC gets two.

Four teams have pretty much already locked up spots: Ferris, Central MO, Ouachita Baptist, Harding
    So that leaves three spots for: Henderson, Northwest MO, Grand Valley, Indy, Truman, MO Western, Fort Hays, Southern AR, Lindenwood

-If Indy beats Truman, they will stay in the top 7 with a cakewalk against Lake Erie to close it out. But that will knock out Truman for good.
    -If Truman beats Indy, they'll get a shot at two ranked road wins to end the season, which would undoubtedly put them in the top 9 for earned access at minimum. But that probably knocks out Indy for good because they won't be able to help themselves in the final week even with a win.
    -Despite having beaten both TSU and Indy at home, what's going to probably keep Lindenwood out are the losses to Midwestern and Davenport. No other team in the region that's in consideration has even one loss against a sub 500 team, and Lindenwood has two. The Lions also won't get any help by beating Missouri S&T at home and SBU on the road, because that combo will only hurt their strength of schedule even more (combined 8-9 against D2 teams).

Best case for the GLVC's quest to get two teams, taking it one week at a time, is for Kearney to beat Mo West, Northwest to beat Fort Hays, and Henderson to beat Southern AR.
    Last edited by TSU_Mike59; 11-06-2019, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Speaking as an LU fan now...

I'm just happy that we even get to talk about this right now!
      Cool Story Bro

Comment

Wait, so in the above post, Elwood can win the conference and Indy would make the PO's over them?

I don't see that happening at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
          Wait, so in the above post, Elwood can win the conference and Indy would make the PO's over them?

I can definitely see that happening. Earned access isn't about your conference champ, it's about your highest-ranked team being at least ninth. For the GLVC, right now, Indy is still 5th in the region, and with two wins, certainly won't fall behind Lindenwood who isn't even ranked.

I know the whole out of conference thing is an alien concept to you MIAA folks :)

Comment

Yeah, unfortunately Mike is correct. LU had their chances though. Blowing a 4th quarter lead to Davenport and not finishing the comeback vs. MW suck.

I'll say this though, The LU team that showed up on Saturday is a completely different animal from the one in the first 4 games of the season. Part of culture is believing in the process and yourselves. There's been a "Murphy's Law" culture around the program for so long it was self fulfilling to some degree.

That changed after the Truman game in a big way. You can look at what they did vs. Saginaw the following week, and UIndy last week. This team finally believes in themselves and it's nice to see the results.

Goals are still there to be had. Gotta take care of business and let the chips fall where they may!
            Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post

I can definitely see that happening. Earned access isn't about your conference champ, it's about your highest-ranked team being at least ninth. For the GLVC, right now, Indy is still 5th in the region, and with two wins, certainly won't fall behind Lindenwood who isn't even ranked.

I know the whole out of conference thing is an alien concept to you MIAA folks :)
              I remember out of conference, but earned access in conferences that usually ony get one team is definitely foreign. Don't Elwood and Indy only have 1 d2 loss each, or am I wrong about that?

Comment

Then again, Pitt has been terrible for so long that playoffs seem like a myth to me, so I could be wrong?

I do know that 1aa wins and losses didn't used to count at all.

Comment

I remember out of conference, but earned access in conferences that usually ony get one team is definitely foreign. Don't Elwood and Indy only have 1 d2 loss each, or am I wrong about that?
                  Truman's only loss is to Lindenwood.

Lindenwood's 2 losses are turning out to be bad ones. MW state and Davenport. I think if LU faced off against those teams now, they'd win easily.
                  Cool Story Bro

Comment

Oh! I see now.
                    I thought you guys lost to a 1AA team instead of 2 @d2 teams.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X