Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conference Additions?

Does anyone out there have thoughts on the conference members going forward? With Bellarmine leaving for D1, what schools are the leading candidates if the conference decides to expand?

Bonus Question: Are there any schools that would be ideal to add football?

I think there are a few options for conference expansion.

First, I think Kentucky Wesleyan is the first stop for conference additions. Being a former member and fitting in well geographically would be the KWC strengths. Weakness is clear though. They are middle of the road team within the G-MAC for most sports, and a bottom feeder for football. I do think a KWC reunion with the GLVC would be a good fit, but it may be a hard sell to current schools.

Second, Oakland City University is admittedly a stretch but a perfect fit geographically. A current D2 independent, OKC would probably jump at the chance to be in the GLVC. Weaknesses are competition as well as the Mighty Oaks needing to add some sports/upgrade facilities to get on par with the rest of the conference.

Honorable Mentions: Trevecca Nazarene out of the G-MAC, various NAIA schools (Marian-IN if they want to try to hold on to Uindy from going to the GMAC)

Thoughts?

There was a whole thread on this earlier this summer.

See back on page three if any readers missed this discussion three months back.
    Last edited by TSU_Mike59; 11-06-2019, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
    Working...
    X