Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 10 preview is live

I had to knock it out a little earlier this week because I'm leaving out of town tomorrow.

Here you go. Enjoy!

https://www.d2football.com/glvc-prev...en-2019-11-07/

Good stuff! I like your assessment on the LWU/MST game. The Miners are plucky enough to spring the upset if Lindenwood comes in a little too excited after last week's win. Not that I expect it, but it's sort of a trap game.

Truman/Indy should be a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post
      Good stuff! I like your assessment on the LWU/MST game. The Miners are plucky enough to spring the upset if Lindenwood comes in a little too excited after last week's win. Not that I expect it, but it's sort of a trap game.

Truman/Indy should be a blast.
      Fully expecting TSU/UIndy to be the best game of the weekend. Of course I'll be pulling for the Bulldogs for selfish reasons! It's going to be a tall order though.

Jaden Barr has been phenomenal and exactly what the Bulldogs needed this year.

I think Lindenwood was able to do what they did to UIndy because of the poise of Brister and the fact that LU has an embarrassment of riches at the WR position to throw to that consistently found room against the Greyhound secondary. Ellis and Newell have been productive and Ruffin has the ability to step up, but will it be enough? For Truman, their game plan plays right into the strength of the UIndy defense, stopping the run.

On the other side of the ball, I think the x-factor is TJ Edwards. I think if Edwards had decided to tuck the ball and run more earlier in the game vs. LU, the outcome may have been different. He began doing that more in the 4th quarter which is what brought them within a score. It's dang near impossible to game plan for that. Even with a spy, you need someone fast enough that can track him down, which not many defenses have. What Edwards did vs. LU in the 4th quarter is what can make that offense next level dangerous. Sure they can run effectively, pass efficiently, but even if you shut that down, Try catching the QB who might be the fastest guy on the field at any give moment.

All that said, I think the Truman defense is the real deal. I think they can slow down the run game enough that UIndy has to stay honest and pass the ball to keep moving. I wonder if they'll attempt to spy Edwards with a Jordan Siegel or another DB.

Either way...just my guy feeling, UIndy is going to be firing on all cylinders!
      Cool Story Bro

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X