Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UIndy and Central Missouri

Surprised this one hasn't got started in either section. Looking to hear some thoughts on both sides. I miss hearing from my donkey friends.

Well... I'll get it started.

I think this is a tough matchup for the Mules defensively. Greyhounds are capable of moving the ball and scoring in a variety of ways. Edwards QB numbers aren't eye popping, but that's because they didn't need to be. He's one of the most efficient QB's in the country.

Greyhounds two of the most dynamic RB's in the country. McKellar is a beast.

I think UCM will have to outscore UIndy; which they may be able to do. Greyhounds were great at shutting down most offenses this year, expect for Lindenwood, who have one of the more prolific QB's in D2. I see Bolles as at least as good as Brister. I think Hounds are going to have issues matching up with all of his weapons.

I expect this to be one of the more fun games of the weekend to watch!
    Cool Story Bro

Comment

QB Bolles is their conference POY. But when U Indy QB is on, no one can touch him? Hoping U Indy young OL are "older" at the end of the season. Think the young DBs just need to let loose and they have the talent to be okay. Look for Toriano Clinton and Daveon Bell to handle the ball more.

Comment

I have UIndy winning 52-49

MIAA Columnist Devin Albertson thinks the Mules are taking it 38-30

https://www.d2football.com/miaa-firs...ew-2019-11-20/
        Cool Story Bro

Comment

On D, the Mules will sell their souls to get to the QB or to the HB in the backfield. They are boom or bust. Back end of the D has talent, but spends time on an island.

While Bolles had a bad game against NW, he is about as good a QB as you will find in D2. With him in the game, they are never out of it. Their coach loves to throw, but the RB duo they have are both crazy talented, and a real threat when they decide to commit to running it. OL is good when healthy. TE is 6'-7 and really physical. Like I said in another thread, work on the refs pregame because he bumps and bangs all the way down the field, and your db's need to be able to do the same. Wyatt is a tough cover at WR, and the TE is too. Other WR's are pretty good as well.

Comment

Was thinking Mules DBs were upper classmen with the one getting a lot of hype. Knew the TE was all conference and the QB that throws to him. Saw someone write that U Indy doesn't have WRs but that's one of their strengths. They have four good WRs, a Hback that catches the ball and a big TE. Just their OL and DBs are so young!

Comment

Let's all get on the same thread. We're the homeboyz for the game so just bring it all over to the MIAA..

Comment

My comments:
                The game plan for U Indy was obviously they thought that they could beat Central Missouri deep. Kept going back to that around ten times (because it was open) when they didn't need a long play. And the passing game was off. Overthrew ten or so long take off passes in situations they didn't need to try one but also dropped a few passes like I haven't seen them do this year. Mules did a good job pressuring Edwards but he didn't tuck it and run enough Saturday The U Indy OL didn't protect well at times. And their DBs didn't cover well either most of the time. They are young DBs but it was the Mules shifts and crossing routes that were effective and had them out of coverage. I was very impressed with the TE but it was three Mule receivers that hurt them. (U Indy doesn't use the TE enough in their passing scheme.) In hindsight, on Defense U Indy should have just played zone. They have a lot of young guys they use coming back next year but graduate the 4 key defenders.

Want to say I was impressed with the Central Missouri stadium. Some state schools have seating half that size. The hills behind the endzone on one end were great too. The press box was very impressive. Best I've seen for a D2. Hope it was filled with Mules fans that could get out of the weather.

Want to say I was surprised with the "color guy" for the game stream. He was hilarious in how clueless and one-sided he was and that was entertaining for the guys I watch with... But both those announcers need to remember that most of the people watching are away team fans! Credit the play by play guy was trying to be professional at times. Think he should say something to his sidekick. That guy shouldn't be anywhere near a mic!

I may make it to Big Rapids. Best of luck to the Mules vs Ferris State next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by michiganfb View Post
                  My comments:
                  The game plan for U Indy was obviously they thought that they could beat Central Missouri deep. Kept going back to that around ten times (because it was open) when they didn't need a long play. And the passing game was off. Overthrew ten or so long take off passes in situations they didn't need to try one but also dropped a few passes like I haven't seen them do this year. Mules did a good job pressuring Edwards but he didn't tuck it and run enough Saturday The U Indy OL didn't protect well at times. And their DBs didn't cover well either most of the time. They are young DBs but it was the Mules shifts and crossing routes that were effective and had them out of coverage. I was very impressed with the TE but it was three Mule receivers that hurt them. (U Indy doesn't use the TE enough in their passing scheme.) In hindsight, on Defense U Indy should have just played zone. They have a lot of young guys they use coming back next year but graduate the 4 key defenders.

Want to say I was impressed with the Central Missouri stadium. Some state schools have seating half that size. The hills behind the endzone on one end were great too. The press box was very impressive. Best I've seen for a D2. Hope it was filled with Mules fans that could get out of the weather.

Want to say I was surprised with the "color guy" for the game stream. He was hilarious in how clueless and one-sided he was and that was entertaining for the guys I watch with... But both those announcers need to remember that most of the people watching are away team fans! Credit the play by play guy was trying to be professional at times. Think he should say something to his sidekick. That guy shouldn't be anywhere near a mic!

I may make it to Big Rapids. Best of luck to the Mules vs Ferris State next weekend.
                  Indy has a good team and if you're QB hadn't slightly over thrown about three guys deep, the outcome might have been different. We're proud of our stadium and it's nice setting. There are another 4 or 5 stadiums in the MIAA that are equally impressive. Our play-by-play guy on the broadcast is pretty decent, but the "sidekick" is not all that great and tends to come across as a 'homer'. Indy brought a great group of fans and that were very passionate and loud.

The crowd size is typical for all 1st and 2nd round games (probably) everywhere. The students are gone on break and people are taking vacation time to travel out of town for Thanksgiving. I would guess the crowd at maybe 3,000, which is the smallest crowd of the year. As you could see, the stadium holds a lot of people and games against Northwest and Pittsburgh State can be over 10,000. The record is 14,000+ a few years back for a game against Northwest Missouri State..
                  Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 11-25-2019, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by michiganfb View Post
                    The audio wasn't for the stream. That was the Mules radio broadcast. Most of the people listening to the radio are Mule fans.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X