Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lindenwood @ NWMS

May as well get it started. I have a feeling that NWM defense will show up and play a much better game than my tigers did yesterday. I also know that the NWMS offense faced one of the best defenses in the country yesterday. With this being said, I really dont know what to expect this saturday. What ya got?

Scratch this. I see there a thread already in MIAA forum

Comment

Lol thanks for the effort!

I'm just watching that thread devolve into the normal bearcat squabble that they all inevitably do.

had a great time yesterday btw! Beautiful stadium. Neat little town and great people!
      Cool Story Bro

Comment

Good luck in Maryville, Elwood. You're a longshot, but I hope you win.

Comment

Oh well, it saved us from having to talk about a moral victory.

Comment

So yesterday was rough. Kind of hard to process what I witnessed. NW is a juggernaut of a program, regardless of where they are this in compared to where they've been in the past.

LU was out manned and obviously out matched yesterday. But.... (you knew it was coming), the game snowballed quickly and eventually evolved into an avalanche to a point that wasn't representative of how good of a team Lindenwood actually is. I think if you play that game 9 more times.... NW wins everyone of them, most of them probably convincingly. But you wouldn't see that embarrassing end result.

Unfortunately, I still think there's something mental with some of the guys on the team after so many years of getting the crap beat out of them in the MIAA, going back to NW was probably a bit of a mind screw. I also think the these players don't understand how much the intensity gets ratcheted up for the playoffs. Lindenwood was Michael Spinks and NW was Mike Tyson. LU has had a bad habit of taking a bit to get into the game. NW ran them off the field when they came out like that this time. If they were going to have a chance yesterday, everything needed to go right. Turnovers, dropped passes, missed assignments, etc.... a team like NW will just gash you.

If anything, this will serve as a reminder of how far we have to go still.

That being said... it was a really sour way to end an exciting season. You can't take away the UIndy win or the OBU win. Regardless of what happened yesterday, those were quality wins and more indicative of who LU really is.

Good season Lions! Very proud to support this program!

Cool Story Bro

Comment

Congrats to Elwood on a great season.

When Pitt moved to d2, way back when, they made the playoffs and got manhandled up front. They learned quickly just how good you have to be up front to compete on the postseason. Pitt has since forgotten, but hopefully, that's the lesson Lindenwood learned at nw.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X